Destruction ||| Glenn Rhee x...

By MxddieR15

de·struc·tion the action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot... More

Chapter 1) Lost
Chapter 2) What's to come
Chapter 3) So long
Chapter 4) The supply run
Chapter 5) The sheriff
Chapter 6) Sewers
Chapter 7) Mermaids
Chapter 8) Rotten
Chapter 9) Escape
Chapter 10) Left behind
Chapter 11) Going back
Chapter 12) Bag
Chapter 13) The alley
Chapter 14) Dogs
Chapter 15) Attack
Chapter 16) Leaving
Chapter 17) Long shot
Chapter 18) Safe for now
Chapter 19) All alone
Chapter 20) 30 Minutes
Chapter 21) Gone again
Chapter 22) Interstate
Chapter 23) Alone
Chapter 24) Trouble
Chapter 25) Pray
Chapter 26) Pharmacy
Chapter 27) Confrontation
Chapter 28) Dont tell
Chapter 29) Move on
Chapter 30) One more
Chapter 31) Drink
Chapter 32) Run
Chapter 33) The kid
Chapter 34) Solution
Chapter 35) Escaped
Chapter 36) Fire
Chapter 37) Reunion
Chapter 38) Exhaustion
Chapter 39) Courtyard
Chapter 40) Push
Chapter 41) Survivors
Chapter 42) Corridor
Chapter 43) Axe
Chapter 44) Scars
Chapter 45) Headache
Chapter 46) Familarity
Chapter 47) Interrogate
Chapter 48) Betrayal
Chapter 49) Choice
Chapter 50) Broken
Chapter 51) Silence
Chapter 52) Hope
Chapter 53) Fine
Chapter 54) Field
Chapter 55) Unfriendly
Chapter 56) Meeting
Chapter 57) Ring
Chapter 58) Tombs
Chapter 59) Advance
Chapter 60) Ceiling
Chapter 62) Cough
Chapter 63) Dizzy
Chapter 64) Try
Chapter 65) Destruction
Chapter 66) Blur
Chapter 67) Sorry
Chapter 68) Tunnel
Chapter 69) Sanctuary
Chapter 70) Tub
Chapter 71) Church
Chapter 72) Cursed
Chapter 73) Missing
Chapter 74) Promise
Chapter 75) Crash
Chapter 76) Life
Chapter 77) Stench
Chapter 78) Solidarity
Chapter 79) Hospital
Chapter 80) Loss
Chapter 81) Weakness
Chapter 82) Storm
Chapter 83) Stranger
Chapter 84) Applesauce
Chapter 85) Route
Chapter 86) Maybe
Chapter 87) Camera
Chapter 88) Job
Chapter 89) Party
Chapter 90) Grenade
Chapter 91) Coward
Chapter 92) Cross
Chapter 93) Here
Chapter 94) It
Chapter 95) Plan
Chapter 96) W
Chapter 97) Somehow
Chapter 98) Out
Chapter 99) Distance
Chapter 100) Platform
Chapter 101) World
Chapter 102) Crash
Chapter 103) Honey
Chapter 104) Punch

Chapter 61) Sickness

1.2K 38 9
By MxddieR15

Y/N wakes up to a clicking noise. She opens her eyes and finds herself staring into a camera. Glenn is smiling behind it.

She playfully swats him. A picture prints. She rolls her eyes. "Changing of the guard?"

He nods. "Yeah, i'll bring you breakfast after the perimeter check." He leans in and kisses her softly.

She picks up the picture and groans. "Oh my god. Throw that away."

He looks at it and smiles. "Not gonna happen. It's mine." She laughs and kisses his hand as he climbs down the tower.

Once he's gone, her smile fades and she pulls out her bottle. She takes two pills and swallows them without water. She winces.

She puts the bottle away and leans over the railing looking down on the field. Michonne is there with her horse getting ready for another run.

She waves at her as she passes. Suddenly gunshots ring out from inside. Y/N gasps. Michonne brings her horse to a stop. Rick and Carl who were down feeding the pigs pause.

Suddenly two little girls, Lizzie and Mika run out of the building screaming. "Help! Help! Come quick!"

Y/N yells down to Rick. "Cell blocks?"

He shouts back. "I don't know!"

He turns to Carl. "Get in the tower with Y/N. Don't argue. Go!"

Michonne gallops back up to the outer gate as Rick runs to the main part of the prison.

Glenn yells. "Walkers in D!"

Sasha, Daryl, Carol, and Tyreese run outside.

"What about C?" Rick shouts.

"Clear! We locked the gate to the tombs!" Sasha says, running with an axe in her hand.

Daryl takes off. "It ain't a breach!"

Y/N climbs down the tower, meeting Carl in the field. Michonne is waiting outside and the two help open the gate, letting her back inside.

Several walkers get in too and one knocks Michonne to the ground.

Carl shoots one in the head and Y/N kills the one on Michonne.

At some point in the process, Michonne injured her leg and screams in agony.

Y/N helps her stand and leads her back inside the field. She turns to Carl. "Stay with her!"

She takes off in a full sprint towards cell block D. She hears gunfire and screams coming from inside as people exit.

She pushes her way inside and sees chaos. Walkers are everywhere. Not just any walkers. People she sees everyday. Their people. She stabs one in the head and recognizes him as Stanley, the man who opened the gate back at Woodbury.

Rick spots her and shouts. "Where's Carl?"

She waves her hand as she slices another walker. "With Michonne! He's fine."

Rick nods and continues killing the walkers. Tyreese runs to his girlfriend, Karen. Carol helps Lizzie and Mika's father.

Daryl and Rick take down several, checking the cells. Glenn is on the upper floor. Once everything is dead, they take a breather, Glenn goes to one of the cells and suddenly a walker bursts out from behind the curtain.

Daryl shouts. "Get down!" He ducks and Daryl fires an arrow into the walkers head.

Y/N rushes up to him and hugs him. They look down at the walker and Y/N's eyes widen.

"It's Patrick..."

They split up and check all the cells, making sure to put down any bodies before they turn. Upstairs, Hershel and Dr. S enter a cell.

"No bites. No wounds. I think he just died." Rick says.

Dr. S nods. "Horribly too. Pleurisy aspiration.

"Choked to death on his own blood. Caused those trails down his face." Hershel says.

"I've seen them before. On a walker outside the fences." Rick says.

Y/N sighs. "On Patrick too."

The doctor nods. "They're from the internal lung pressure building up-- like if you shake a soda can and pop the top. Only imagine your eyes, ears, nose, and throat are the top."

Bob crosses his arms. "It's a sickness from the walkers?"

"No, these things happened before they were around. Could be pneumococcal. Most likely an aggressive flu strain."

"Someone locked him in just in time." Hershel says, pointing to the dead boy before them.

Daryl shakes his head. "No, man. Charlie used to sleepwalk. Locked himself in. Hell, he was just eating barbecue yesterday. How could somebody die in a day just from a cold?"

Rick sighs. "I had a sick pig, it died quick. Saw a sick boar in the woods."

"Pigs and birds. That's how these things spread in the past. We need to do something about those hogs. Maybe we got lucky. Maybe these two cases are it." Hershel says.

Y/N shakes her head. "Haven't seen anybody be lucky in a long time."

Bob nods. "Bugs like to run through close quarters. Doesn't get any closer than this."

"All of us in here. We've all been exposed." Hershel says.
————————————————————————
The council sits around at a small table in the library.

Y/N shakes her head. "Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick?" She sighs. "We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed."

Daryl looks at her. "That's everyone in that cell block. That's all of us. Maybe more."

Hershel interlocks his fingers and rest them on the table. "We know that this sickness can be lethal. We don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?"

Carol sits up in her chair. "We can't just wait and see. And there's children. It isn't just the illness. If people die, they become a threat."

Hershel nods. "We need a place for them to go. They can't stay in D. We can't risk going in there to clean it up."

"We could use cell block A?" Sasha offers.

"Death row? Not sure if that's much of an upgrade." Glenn says.

"It's clean. That's an upgrade. Think that'll work for Dr. S?" Daryl asks Hershel.

"I'll help Caleb get it set up."

Suddenly coughing is heard from the hallway. They all stand and exit to find Tyreese walking with Karen.

Carol eyes her. "You okay? You don't sound too good."

"We're just taking her back to my cell so she can rest." Tyreese says.

Hershel rests his hands on his hips. "Tyreese, I don't think that's a good idea."

Karen tilts her head. "Why? What's going on now?"

"We think it's a flu or something. That's how Patrick died." Y/N says.

Hershel walks closer to them. "Judith was in that cell block. She's vulnerable. Anyone that may be sick or even exposed should stay away."

Tyreese squeezes Karen's hand. "She's gonna be okay. Now that we know what Patrick died from we can treat it, right?"

"Don't panic. We're going to figure this out. But we should keep you separated in the meantime. We'll have Caleb take a look at you. I'll see what we have in the way of medications." Hershel says.

Karen nods. "David, from the Decatur group. He's been coughing too."

"I'll get him. There's some empty clean cells in the tombs, right?" Glenn asks Y/N. She nods. "Yeah we'll meet you there."

Hershel looks at them carefully. "Y'all wear gloves and a mask. We need to be safe. Just in case."

She nods and follows after Glenn.
————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.1K 40
{FINISHED} The last thing Keeley Salazar could remember was her parents arguing in the car before they crashed. Now three years have passed and a lo...
366K 8K 27
Scarlett Bradford, a twenty-three-year-old ex-nurse, roams what's left of the world alone. After a narrow brush with death in the city of Atlanta, Ge...
112K 2.7K 39
"That dog is always staring at me man, wherever I go I'm telling you, it wants me dead" "Well THAT dog has plenty reason to be staring at you, and he...
241K 10.3K 79
When the world went to hell it didn't make much difference to y/n's life. She was alone before everything and she was alone now. When everything sta...