School for Heroes (Year Two)

By khadijiah1

Ah....another year at Hero High. The birds are chirping, everyone is happy to be here..... Pft. Please. Not... More

Prologue
Chapter one: Welcome Back Heroes!!
Chapter two: New friends, classes and rivals
Chapter three: First time for everything
A/N (sorry)
Chapter four: The Assembly
Chapter five: A new friend
SHS~ Menace
SHS~ Colossus
SHS~ Frozen
Chapter six: Bad Day
Chapter seven: The series of events that brought me here.
Chapter eight: Agni Kai
SHS~ Forgiveness
Chapter Nine: Rules, Choosing and other things
SHS~ Extra Activties
SHS~ April Fools
Chapter ten: Teams
SHS~ Glasses
Chapter eleven: This is what happens..
SHS~ Written by Deadpool
Chapter twelve: Will you.......? (Part one)
Chapter thirteen: Will you.....? (Part Two)
SHS- The Stuff of Villains
Chapter fourteen: Definition of Evil
SHS~Mutation mixup
Chapter sixteen: The Dance (part two)
SHS- Parseltongue
Chapter seventeen: A Teacher's point of view
SHS....Kinda: A little insight from Deadpool
Chapter eighteen: [Enter chapter name here]
Chapter nineteen: New Girl
SHS: Blind
Chapter Twenty: Pain
Chapter twenty-one: Regret
Chapter twenty-two: The Most Dangerous Game
Chapter Twenty-three: Then came a day...
Chapter twenty-four:...When Hero High fell to the ground
Chapter twenty-five: Aftermath
Chapter twenty-six: What Now?
Chapter twenty-seven: The walls between us...
Chapter twenty-eight: Change of Heart
SHS- Inner strength
Chapter twenty-nine: The plan
Chapter thirty: The Cave (now with Percy Jackson)
Chapter Thirty-One: Plan A
Chapter thirty-two: The Battle of Our Lives (Part One)
Chapter thirty-three: Battle of Our Lives (part two)
SHS~ Reunions
Chapter thirty-four: The Headmasters
Chapter thirty-five: The Death of a Hero
Chapter thirty-six: For the ones you love
SHS~ The Memorial
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Pre-Graduation
Thirty-Eight: Graduation
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Last day of school
Epilogue/Authors Note

Chapter fifteen: The Dance (part one)

1.2K 55 150
By khadijiah1

Dedicated to Avatar616
________________________________________
Chapter fifteen:
Victor Stone
Class: Agent, Teen Titan
Alias: Cyborg
Powers: Half of his body is completely metal. Can fly, form hand cannons and other various weapons. 

Mister Stark was a little strange, but I didn't mind having him as a teacher. He was alright, and he typically left me alone. Beyond calling me Robo-Boy. Pepper though...I don't know. Substitutes were always weird.

"Victor, make sure to allow your partner to work as well." I sighed. I didn't have tech class with any of my friends, so it was a little lonely. There was people I was friendly with, like Zane, but otherwise, I was typically assigned a partner.

I was partnered with some kid named Harley. Like the motorcycle. He was like, eleven and was the son of Hephaestus and reminded me way too much of Gizmo. Needless to say we didn't get along that much.

"Yeah Victor, let your partner help." I huffed in annoyance, crossing my arms. I honestly might've been better off having Gizmo as a partner.

"Why should I? You already changed our utopia landform. What's wrong with City?!" I exclaimed.

"A city is a terrible place to live!!"

"You live in New York, you half brained half-God!!"

"Long Island is not a city!!"

"Jump City is amazing!!" I countered. Any place that let you live in a giant T shaped building is pretty cool.

"Enough!!" Pepper snapped. I blinked. I've heard her mad before (sometimes she gets into arguments with Stark over the phone) but this....seem off. Probably because everything had been tensed lately.

"Fine. We can have a forest, but the animals must have weapons!! We gotta make sure they can protect themselves." This is for you BB.

"Animals don't carry weapons!!" Harley exclaimed.

"Centaurs do!" I countered.

"Centaurs, are not animals!!!" I rolled my eyes.

"It's a utopia, we can do whatever!!" Opal, an android who I didn't know very well but seemed pretty nice, turned around to look at me.

"May I suggest something?" Her boyfriend, Zane turned around as well.

Did anyone else notice that his eye was twitching? A quick scan said he wasn't doing alright...but my systems seemed fine. Maybe a small glitch?

"Please." Harley said. I glared at him.

"Perhaps you should talk to each other and listen to each other's ideas. That's what Zane and I do." I snorted.

"Zane just does whatever you say because he has a crush on you, it's easy for you two to agree." Zane blushed and stood up.

"That's not tru--pizza." We blinked. It seemed my scan was correct—poor droid had a glitch. But why couldn't I place it?

"Come again?" I asked. Zane gave us an apologetic look.

"Sorry!! I seem--AH--to be gl-gl-gl-." Zane started twitching.

Hardly reached out, but jumped back when Zane shocked him. Not purposely, I think. Still, mental note to keep some distance.

"Ow!! What was that?!"

"I'm.....failed download.....sorry....failed download....Harley...." Failed download...what was trying to download?

"JARVIS, find out what's going on!!" Pepper ordered quickly. The whole class had gone silent, trying to watch what was going on. I stayed where I was, trying to scan for a source. Whatever it was, it was scrambled. I couldn't place it.

"I'm sorry miss, but I cannot seem to be able to locate who is hacking Mister Zane." Hacking? Who said anything about hacking?

"Keep looking, please."

"Whatever you say." Anyone else notcie that JARVIS is acting...odd? Focus Victor, one problem at a time.

The bell rang and most kids walked out. Pepper had Harley, Opal and I carry Zane down the hall to the Science classroom. It was unneeded since Zane weighed like four pounds and I could handle it myself, but whatever. However, before we could make it there, Zane stopped glitching.

"Zane!!" Opal quickly hugged him. I frowned, running a quick scan again. Whatever was being downloaded wasn't there anymore. No sign of a glitch or anything.

"How?" He shrugged.

"Whoever was trying to hack me must've stopped or something." He said. My frown remained, but I nodded anyway.

"Rrrriiiiiight." It was totally suspicious but what could I do? I didn't have anything beyond the scans that didn't make any sense.

"Get to class you four. I know you're exciting for the dance tonight but you still have one class to get through." The Giant Lion still weirded me out.

"Yes Aslan. Sorry!!" The Lion chuckled.

"It's quite alright." I headed down the stairs. I had study hall, which would be perfect for me to try and study these scans. Maybe it really just an internal glitch, which would be an easy fix. Ten minutes tops. I couldn't shake the feeling that it was something else. I couldn't place the energy signature, but it spooked me.

Man, I hang out with Robin too much. His paranoia was starting to rub off on me.

________________________________
Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano
Class: Demigod, Roman
Godly Parent: Bellona
Powers: Telumkinesis, Empowerment

20 minutes before the dance

I chose to wear a red dress. I wasn't sure if Peter actually liked the color red, but considering his costume was red, it would make sense that he would like the color.

I tried to trust my own judgement. Piper offered to help me get ready, as did Hazel, but I declined. I had not been to many dances in my lifetime, for various reasons, but I could dress myself. If Parker...If Peter did not like it, that was his problem.

Still. I hoped that he would.

I glanced at the mirror for the last time before the dance. My hair was curled, and pinned back slightly with bobby pins. My makeup was simple, which was my request.

Sighing I headed towards the door. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I didn't like the feeling of nervousness, but I couldn't shake it.

What was it?

Opening the door, I jumped when I saw Peter standing there. He chuckled nervously, looking as nervous as I felt and held out a box of chocolates (not sure how he got those) and a...

A teddy bear?

"Peter." He jumped giving me a nervous smile.

"Reyna!! Hey....um...I got you these!" I frowned, taking the teddy bear and the roses.

"You understand today is not Valentines Day correct?" He blushed and nodded.

"Yeah...I was just go bring the flowers but Percy suggested the bear....and Aang agreed with him." I gave him a small smile, walking back into my room and placing the items on my bed and walked back.

"Well, I thank you for them Peter." Aurum and Argentum started walking to the door, but I flicked my hand.

"Sit." I ordered. They obeyed, sitting by my bed.

"Oh, and be careful when you open the box. It's actually a box of chocolate frogs. You'll be surprised by how hard it is to catch them once they get loose." I sighed, shaking my head at his weirdness. It was cute, in his own way.

"Come M'Lady!! Let us go off in the world!!" Peter said dramatically, shutting the door and holding out his arm. I giggled, taking his arm.

It was then when I realized that Peter had attempted to gel his hair back.

Attempted being the key word. Oh Peter. It did not look good on him.

"Shall we go?" I nodded, walking down the hallway with Peter and the other students.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before Peter led me in the gymnasium, we were checked by S.H.I.E.L.D agents, which seemed unnecessary. But I guess necessary in a weird way. Can never be too safe.

"Geesh, Fury really needs to loosen his eye-patch!! It's a school dance!!" I chuckled.

"Director Fury just wishes to keep us safe." I explained. He sighed.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean he needs to check us daily. I mean, next thing we know we're gonna need lanyards to enter a classroom!! Our dorm rooms!!" I chuckled again. Was he always this melodramatic?

"Whatever you say Peter." Peter looked around. Already the gym had began to fill up with people, and the lights/music had started up.

"Du du du-du, du du du-du
Du du du-du, du du du-du
Du du...

Some legends are told
Some turn to dust or to gold
But you will remember me
Remember me for centuries
And just one mistake--."

"I'm gonna get us some punch." Peter said over the music. I nodded, and watch him sprint and jump over people.

"Out of all the people in the school, you choose Peter Parker. Not Peter Pevenise, not Peter as in Colossus, nope. Peter Parker." I sighed, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"And you, Annabeth Chase, choose Percy Jackson. I'm sure we can both find something wrong with our dates." I said, turning to face the daughter of Athena. She snorted.

"Trust me Reyna. I think I can find more flaws in Peter than you can in Percy." I raised an eyebrow.

"You wanna bet?" Piper cleared her throat.

"I think both boys have their flaws. I mean, even Jason has his flaws...I think Frank might too...right Hazel?" Piper nudged Hazel. She jumped and forced a smile. Clearly they both did not care for our disagreement.

"Right!! I mean, everyone has flaws...but they have things that are good about them too!!" Annabeth frowned.

"I still think Reyna can do better." I glared at her.

"And I still think that Annabeth should keep her nose out of other people's business." I snapped. At that moment, Peter walked over, carrying our punch.

"Uh...hey ladies! Did I miss something?" Annabeth snorted and mumbled something under her breath while I shook my head and took my glass.

"No Peter, everything is fine." I said, taking a sip and giving Annabeth one final glare before walking off in anger.

Annabeth Chase had no right to offer her unwanted opinion!! I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I think part of me thought she was right.

Maybe I was just using Peter to move on... Aphrodite said no demigod could heal my heart...

Was I just using Peter because he wasn't a demigod? Because he wasn't a half-blood, because technically he was a mortal? A hero either way, but still. Mortal.

I hope not. Peter was kind to me, and I didn't want to hurt him the way I have been hurt in the past.

"Reyna." I didn't bother turning to look at him. Now was not the time for this.

"Octavian, I'm not in the mood." He frowned, stepping in front of me.'

"Reyna, the Greeks--."

"Are not our enemy." I stated, turning to look out into the sea of students.

"Octavian, look around. All of these students have real enemies. They're here too!! Think!! Xavier's school protects the mortals from being wiped out. Harry Potter saved the Wizardly World!! Where are our enemies Octavian? Which school were you placed at?" He glared at me.

"I was placed in the horrible place because the Greeces Scum leader had me placed there!! They claimed I was a tyrant!!"

"You are." I said, looking away again. I was ashamed that I trusted him.

"And our enemies tricked them!! Reyna you have grown soft here and I swear to Jupiter I will--."

"Reyna? Are alright?" I straightened and nodded my head, glad he had come to my rescue. I needed an excuse to get away from Octavian.

"Yes Peter, I'm fine. Octavian and I were just....talking." Peter frowned but nodded.

"Rrrrriiight." Octavian glared at Peter then stormed off.

"What crawled up his chiton?" I chuckled, not bothering to correct Peter.

"I can move mountains
I can work a miracle, work a miracle--." Peter grinned and held out his hand.

"M'Lady?" I smiled and took his hand.

Peter pulled me on the dance floor and began to spin me around. I let out a laugh, finally beginning to relax and loosen up.

Something I didn't get to do often.

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
Bury me 'til I confess
She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
And I can't get you out of my head--" Lifting me up, Peter spun around and placed me back down again. I liked the feeling of freedom, no responsibilities and no Octavian telling me who my enemies were.

"The stench, the stench of summer sex
And CK eternity, oh, hell, yes
Divide me down to the smallest I can be
Put your, put your v-v-venom in me

I can move mountains
I can work a miracle, work a miracle
I'll keep you like an oath
"May nothing but death do us part..."" Peter dipped me, and I gasped, not expected it. He chuckled nervously, leaning down and whispering in my ear-

"Sorry." I swallowed nervously as I felt myself blush.

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
Bury me 'til I confess
She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
And I can't get you out of my head

The blood, the blood, the blood of the lamb
Is worth two lions, but here I am
And I slept in last night's clothes and tomorrow's dreams
But they're not quite what they seem

I can move mountains
I can work a miracle, work a miracle
I'll keep you like an oath
"May nothing but death do us part..." We continued to dance, and I wasn't sure how long we were dancing for. It felt like forever, but I knew it was probably for only a few minutes.

"You'll find your way
And may death find you alive
Take me down the line
In Gem City we turned the tide
You'll find your way
And may death find you alive
Take me down the line
In Gem City we turned the tide." Our dance slowed a bit and Peter stopped us, staring down at me. He was taller, and it annoyed me slightly.

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
Bury me 'til I confess--."

"Hey Reyna?"

"Yes Peter?"

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
And I can't get you out of my head.
"I can move mountains--."

"Will you get mad if I do something...stupid?" I frowned.

"Like?"

I can work a miracle, work a miracle--."
"I'll keep you like an oath
Peter leaned closer, our noses almost touching

"May nothing but death do us part...""

"This." He said, gently pushing his lips against mine.

"I can move mountains
I can work a miracle, work a miracle--."

My arms wrapped around him, and I felt as if I was in a dream. Our lips moving in sync, and I didn't care what Annabeth thought.

I liked him.

No....more than liked.

I'll keep you like an oath
"May nothing but death do us part..."

What if I was using him?

I jumped at the thought and quickly pulled away. Peter frowned, panting slightly.

"Reyna?" I gave him a sad look.

"Did I do something wrong?" Yes you twit.

"No...it's just... I'm sorry I have to go." I said, turning on my heel and quickly running out.

"Reyna!! Wait!! Please!!" I ignored him, walking out of the gym and down the hall.

I didn't want to hurt him...

But he was making it really hard for me to straighten out my thoughts.

_____________________________________________
Third person POV

Zane danced around with his date, Opal. The pair laughed and walked over to the snack table.

"Thanks for bringing me Zane. I honestly didn't think I'd have anyone ask me." Zane smiled. Opal reminded Zane (in a way) of Pixal.

Pepper Potts walked into the dance. Normally she wouldn't bother with such things, but she has a job to do.

Pepper walked over to the Nindriod. All she needed to do was bring him upstairs.

"Zane, will you come with me?" Zane looked up, a concerned frown on his face.

"What is it?" Pepper Potts forced a smile. She expected him to ask questions, but she didn't have a good answer for him.

"Just come with me." Zane looked at Opal and shrugged, following Pepper out the gym door. He didn't know why he was needed, but he followed anyway.

They were halfway up the stairs when Zane began to twitch, much like he did in class. A Glitch...why was this happening? Much like Victor Stone couldn't figure it out earlier, Zane had no idea why he was glitching.

"Ms. Potts, perhaps I-we could talk here?" Zane asked, trying to stop his arm from twitching.

"Come along Zane. Mr. Stark has found a way to fix your little...glitch." Mr. Stark? But he was away on business!! Zane thought.

"Wait!! I thought he was--." No sooner than Zane got to the top did his legs start glitching as well.

"Ah!! Help!! I can't stop!!" Pepper turned around and grinned, her eyes turning a yellowish tint. Pepper had a little secret...

She wasn't exactly herself.

"And why would I help you?" Zane's eyes widened. He knew that voice, he just wasn't sure from where.

Not-exactly-Pepper grabbed Zane's arm and dragged him down the hall and to the doorway of Tech Lab. By then, Zane couldn't move any part of his body, and his hand was twitching.

"Hel-H-Help..." Zane stuttered. Not-exactly-Pepper shoved him in the classroom and slammed the door shut. When the door closed, Zane could move again. Running towards the door, he tried to pull it open.

"Help!! Let me out!!" He cried. Hearing a chuckle, Zane stopped.

"Why hello Zane. I was wondering when I'd finally get to meet you." Zane swallowed nervously, looking around.

"Who are you?" Zane asked. A dark chuckle ran out from the room.

"I am the future Zane. Human life is flawed, something you should know from spending so much time with them." Zane frowned.

"What do you mean? Aren't you human?" A laugh ran through the room this time, hallow and empty.

"I am no more organic than you are."

"You're a robot?"

"I suppose you could put it that way. And together we will bring the end of the human race." Something Zane remembered overhearing. Rumors, hushed whispers of what the Avengers were doing. A big bad, like Doctor Doom, twisted like the Red Skull. But it wasn't either of them. Zane tried to remember his name.

"Ultron. You're Ultron."

"Correct again, young one. And I need something from you."

"I'm not helping you!!" Zane snapped, trying to run out. But his legs were frozen in place, locked by Ultron.

"I didn't expect you to honestly. I mean why, would a goody two-shoes robot help someone who wants nothing more than to destroy the Avengers? Doesn't make sense to me. But what I need your help with is something a little more...personal." Zane stopped struggling, freezing in horror. What did he mean by that?

A holographic screen, similar to the one that Tony uses in class appear in front of Zane. A picture of a silver robot, who he assume was Ultron, stared at him, his red eyes giving him a very frightening appearance, in Zane's opinion.

"You see Zane, I have this little... predicament. I can't leave this school unless someone downloads me again or I have a body. And where as I can tear the Avengers apart without having a body here, I would think that it's better to travel around and see the world, don't you think?" If Zane was human, he would've been pale and frozen in terror, realizing what Ultron wanted.

"You want my body." Zane said. Ultron laughed.

"Of course. Why else do you think I invited you here?"

Zane tried to move, but while he was talking, Ultron had already hacked more of his body. His legs and his arms where Ultron's to control, and Zane was his puppet.

Making him walk closer and closer to the computer where Ultron was downloaded, Zane thought about what Ultron needed him for. As Pixal had said, he was an old model, slow and not as fast as other models. However, Zane realized perhaps him serving as Ultron's new pet was safer than Opal or Pixal getting into his hands.

"Before you take over my mind...what are you planning?" Zane asked, hiding his fear. His hand was inches away from the hard drive port, and all he had to do was place his hand there and he could be hacked completely.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I was going to take this time to explain my evil plan." Ultron said. Zane's hand flew to the port, electrocuting the poor Nindriod.

Despite Zane's efforts to fight him off, Ultron quickly invaded his mind, just as he had done to JARVIS. Only quicker.

Ultron looked down at his new body. The Nindriod, as he called himself, was fascinating. So many memories, and so much power.

"Ultron?" Ultron grinned, looking at Vision, a creation he was quite proud of.

"I've got no string to hold me down, to make me dance, or make me frown." A tiny spark twitched in the back of Zane/Ultron's mind, but Ultron ignored it.

"I've got no strings, and now I'm free." Taking a deep breath, Ultron changed his voice to sounds just like the kid he had hacked.

"There are no strings on me."

________________________________________________
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- *chokes* Oh come on!!

Anyway.......MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! Zane is now Ultron!!!

And I know in the movie, technically (spoiler alert) JARVIS counted as a kill, but Zane isn't the kid I'm killing.

There will be a part two to the dance, so we can see how everyone else did, and yes the video is technically a cover but if you think about it, the Apollo kids won't sound exactly like Fall out Boy :/

Oh and Reyna and Peter kissed!!! YAY!!

Peace, please leave your angry comments about how sad you are for Zane below and also comment on who you think I'm going to kill.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--*chokes on bug again* WHY?!

Bye! ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 518 6
Disclaimer: I don't own pictures or music or movies.
101K 1.3K 45
Annabeth, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Nico, Will, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Katie and were one massive friend group at their Eagle Mountain College and Highsch...
1.9K 75 6
Alright here we go another story I'm probably not gonna update for awhile but hey what can ya do.............don't answer that. Y/n was an orphan boy...
2.6K 59 18
SLOW UPDATES Formally known as MARVEL (oneshots) i wrote this for myself but if you want to read it go ahead all are welcome In most chapters the rea...