HEARTSTRINGS (Completed)

By NiranjanaNepol

Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him... More

1 Patient
2 The Book
3 Blazing eyes
4 Trapped
5 The Warrior
6 Unexpected Turn
7 Difference
8 Request
9 One Condition
10 Yes...
11 About ASR
12 Sold Out
13 Wedding
14 Shocking Khushi
15 Snake in the Grass
16 Finger Print
17 Khushi is ready
18 Trick
19 Improvement
20 The Task
21 The First Change
22 Born Nature
23 The Biggest change
24 Questioning Arnav
25 Aranv Vs Arnav
26 Collision
27 Cuteness overloaded
28 Arnav was in Temple
29 Return of the Evil
30 Checkmate to the Doctor
31 Aman's Outburst
32 Is ASR back?
33 Arnav in RM
34 What's in Arnav's mind?
35 How different!
36 Doubt over Doubt
37 The Voice
38 Connecting Dots...
39 Khushi's concern
40 Brother and Sister
41 The Truth
42 Question arrows
43 Contradiction
44 The Phone
45 Wife
46 About Swamiji
47 The Recordings
48 Coincidence
49 The First Step
50 About Khushi
51 Regretting Arnav
52 one + one = one
53 Plan Backfired
54 Why?
55 YOU...
56 Unpredictable
57 Sweating Shyam
58 What if?
59 A step ahead
60 The First Day...
61 Discussion
62 Who are you?
63 Aggressive Arnav
64 Tough to Understand
65 The Loyal Servant
66 Shyam's Effort
67 The hug from Arnav
68 The Ritual
69 The Phone call
70 The First Night
71 Anjali's Doubt
72 Anjali is in Action
73 The Truth
74 Anjali's Decision
75 Life-Taking Pain
76 The News
77 Turn of Events
78 Arrest Warrant
79 Shocking News
80 Gratitude
81 Swaraj is released
82 Punishment
83 Treatment for Anjali
85 Gestures
86 Last Part
87 Epilogue

84 What's in Khushi's Mind?

4.4K 229 12
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 84 What's in Khushi's Mind?

Arnav opened his eyes from his sleep. He saw Khushi looking at the ceiling blankly, sitting on the recliner.

"What are you thinking, Khushi?" Arnav sat on the bed.

Khushi's expression changed instantly.

"Nothing, Arnavji..." She smiled at him.

Arnav frowned as her slime didn't reach her eyes. He knew she was in deep thought. Then why did she lie? Did she hide anything from him?

"When did you wake up?" he asked getting down from the bed.

"6 o'clock..."

"Why so soon?"

"Just woke up..."

Arnav looked at her oddly.

"Go and get fresh. I will get you coffee" she left the room.

Arnav became thoughtful. The last night they had a session. Of course, it was Arnav who wanted it as he wanted to get rid of his stress. Arnav didn't get any negligence from Khushi that wondered him. He thought Khushi won't cooperate with him when Anjali was in a critical condition. But he had not seen any hesitation on Khushi's face. Now also she had been thinking something but she managed as if she was normal. What was wrong with her? Thinking about it, he went to the washroom.

Arnav came out getting fresh. That was when Khushi's phone started ringing. Arnav saw Swamiji's number flashing. He won't attend any call on Khushi's phone but he could not ignore Swamiji's call as it must be about Anjali. Arnav swiped the green indicator and gave the phone to his ear. Before Arnav said anything, Swamiji talked, thinking that it must be Khushi. What Swamiji told her on the phone shocked him.

"I saw your message. What made you think that your sister-in-law is pretending as mentally ill, Khushi beta?"

Arnav was thunderstruck. PRETENDING? He immediately disconnected the call and kept the phone back on the table as he didn't know whether he should talk further or not because he had no idea about the topic Swamiji was talking about. In fact, he could understand nothing. Was his Di pretending? But why? He was sure that it won't be just Khushi's guess. She should have noticed something in Anjali. After all, she was a well-experienced person in handling mental people. Was this why she wanted Swamiji to come here? But why didn't she tell him anything about it?

Arnav heard her anklet sound. He saw Khushi coming with two coffee cups. She extended one to him and sipped another.

"Khushi, Swamiji called you. I tried to attend it, but it got disconnected... I think the signal problem..." Arnav didn't tell her about his statement. He wanted to see what was happening.

"Oh..."

She took her mobile and checked it but she didn't make a call.

"Call him, Khushi..."

"Yeah... Will do it" she said hesitating to make a call in front of Arnav.

"It must be about Di I suppose... Ask him when is he coming" Arnav was not ready to give up.

Without any choice, she called Swamiji. He attended it.

"Hello, sorry Swamiji, the call disconnected. I think it's a tower problem" she said what Arnav said.

"Oh... I saw your message. What made you think that your sister-in-law is pretending?" Swamiji asked the same question that Arnav heard.

Khushi looked at Arnav but could not answer the question.

"When are you coming, Swamiji?" She asked not answering his question which alerted Swamiji.

He understood that she was in an unanswerable situation.

"Is your husband with you?"

"Yes, Swamiji... We are expecting your arrival"

"Ok, it seems the problem looks severe. I will try to come to Delhi today. Call me if you can. Or, answer my question through message."

"Ok, Swamiji... Thank you so much"

They disconnected the call.

"Swamiji said he will try to come here as much as possible"

"Oh..."

Arnav was looking at her sharply. Khushi had the coffee not looking at Arnav whose gaze was only on Khushi. She stood up, finishing the coffee, taking the empty cup in her hand. Arnav also extended the cup to her. Getting it, she walked out. Of course, with her phone. Arnav's eyes silently followed her.

Khushi came to Anjali's room. She saw her laying on the bed, hugging a pillow.

"Did Di eat anything?" Khushi asked Nani who nodded no.

"I will bring her breakfast" Khushi was supposed to go, but she saw Arnav coming.

"I will ask HP to bring her breakfast," Arnav said while taking his phone out.

Without wasting time, he dialed HP. He attended it.

"Hariprakash, bring breakfast for Di"

"Jee Arnav Baba..." HP disconnected the call.

Arnav looked at Anjali who was not reacting.

"Khushi, why Di is looking slag? Was I also like this?" Arnav asked.

Khushi nodded no.

"Your case is different Arnavji. There is various kind of mental illness. It differs from person to person" Khushi said.

Arnav was observing Anjali while listening to Khushi.

"You told me many times that I was so wild. If it is the case, no one will believe that Di is mentally affected" Arnav said.

Anjali sat on the bed all of a sudden and laughed. Arnav looked at Khushi who gulped down hard. Nani rushed to the bed and sat next to Anjali. In no time, Anjali again lay on the bed and cried.

"This is how mentally ill patient behaves weirdly," Nani said sadly, caressing Anjali's hair.

Arnav's doubt became strong. He too started thinking that Anjali was pretending. it seems, she intentionally laughed like a mad.

That was when Hari Prakash came with Anjali's breakfast.

"She didn't eat anything..." Nani said.

"I read mentally ill patients eat well as they feel hunger three times more than the ordinary people," Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him, like, REALLY? Because Swamiji never told her about it.

"Oh... that was why you always shouted...?" Lavanya said.

"Is it?" Arnav asked, looking at Khushi.

She nodded yes.

"But you shouted for Khushi the most," Lavanya said smiling.

Arnav looked at Khushi who was not in the mood to enjoy her tease. Taking the plate, Arnav came close to Anjali. He forwarded the first morsel but she turned her face. Arnav clutched her jaw and fed the roti. Anjali ate it sulking. Nani smiled with satisfaction. Arnav finished feeding and looked at Khushi.

At the same time, Khushi's phone rang. Khushi saw that and then Arnav.

"Swamiji's call" She attended it.

"Hello, Swamiji..."

"I'm coming to Delhi tonight"

"Oh... really? Thank you Swamiji" Khushi said delightfully.

"I have booked my ticket for the evening flight. Will reach Delhi around 7 o'clock I suppose"

"Ok, Swamiji. We will be waiting for you" Khushi disconnected the call.

"Swamiji is coming today," she said cheerfully.

"Thanks to Devi Maiya" Nani said.

Arnav was noticing Anjali's expression where there was nothing shown. Arnav sighed. He didn't know whether Khushi's guess was right or wrong because he didn't know why Khushi suspected Anjali. He could not come to the conclusion as Anjali behaved weirdly from time to time. He decided to wait and watch.

Evening

Raizadas welcomed Swamiji to RM.

"Namaste, Swamiji" Khushi took his blessings touching his feet.

"How are you, beta?"

"I'm fine, Swamiji... he is my husband" Khushi looked at Arnav,

There was a slight smile on Swamiji's face, seeing a so handsome man in front of him who was uncontrollably wild once. Somewhat, Arnav also understood the meaning of his smile. He too smiled.

"Hello, Swamiji..." Arnav extended his hand for a shake.

Swamiji clutched his hand gently and shook.

"Thank you for coming to Delhi... and thank you for EVERYTHING" he stressed the word everything.

"Mention not... in fact, you should thank your wife who is the reason for everything," Swamiji said.

Arnav smiled at Khushi.

"Please get fresh, Swamiji... then you can meet Di," Khushi said.

Swamiji nodded ok and followed her. HP followed them with Swamiji's bag. Arnav intentionally didn't go with them and let them talk in person.

Khushi brought him to the guestroom. HP left keeping Swamiji's bag in the room. they made sure that HP went off.

"Tell me, beta..."

Khushi told him why she got doubts about Anjali. Swamiji listened to her carefully without interrupting her.

"Let me check," Swamiji said.

Khushi nodded ok.

Taking a very little time, Swamiji came, getting fresh. HP came with warm milk as Swamiji was not habitude of having tea or coffee.

Khushi brought Swamiji to Anjali's room. Arnav who was sitting on Anjali's bed stood up. Anjali looked at him with bewilderment. She moved back when Swamiji came to her. Arnav went to her and circled her shoulders. Swamiji touched a few NERVES of Anjali that were connected with the brain. He checked its function minutely, closing his eyes. He slowly opened his eyes.

"I want a few minutes with her... alone," he said.

Nani and Lavanya glanced at each other whereas Arnav and Khushi understood why he wanted them to go out. Khushi looked at Swamiji who gestured her something through his eyes.

"Let's go Nani" Arnav walked out.

All of them followed him. Arnav closed the door. Swamiji sat in front of Anjali.

"Why are you pretending like a mental?" Swamiji asked.

Anjali didn't look at him but fiddled with her saree pallu.

"Don't you think you are hurting your family?"

Anjali stopped fiddling. She looked at him and her eyes poured uncontrolled.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 17.7K 37
Stand-alone Highest Rank #1 in Sheetal #2 in ipkknd #3 in Arshi #1 in Aman #1 in Relations #1 in Intense #4 in Khushi #5 in Understanding #6 in Tr...
1M 43.1K 64
Arnav Singh Raizada wants everything interesting in his life, at least something different from common. So he didn't want to get married. He was not...
458K 17.5K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...
428K 13.3K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...