Always ✔︎

By kayloves_

Soul•mate /sohl-meyt/ ~Someone who understands you, loves you, and will be there for you like no other.~ We a... More

Characters/aesthetics
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
[Valentines Special]
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Author Note(pls read) + New Book!!
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 31

8.6K 154 40
By kayloves_

Chase's POV

You know what?

Fuck school.

Why would I need to put up with everyone's bullshit just to get a handshake and a piece of paper?

There are so many things that would be a better use of my time.

Yet here I am, sitting in my car in front of the school.

My eyes find a very tired-looking Lili stumbling out of her car struggling to carry everything including her Starbucks, obviously.

I get out of my car and walk towards her.

I walk up behind her and take the binders out of her hand startling her. "Good morning sweetheart," she gives me a small smile.

"What's got you so tired?" I ask.

"Just didn't sleep well last night," she yawns taking a sip of her coffee.

Her eyes have a glassier look today and her lips look more pale than usual.

"Are you sure you feel, ok?" I ask. She just nods.

I open the front door for her, "Thank you-," she interrupts her with a sneeze.

Before I can ask if she feels fine again Violet walks up to us.

"Hey-Oh babes are you ok," she asks Lili. At least I'm not the only one to notice that she's not ok.

"I'm fine, just tired I think," she says.

"Ok," she says unconvinced, she looks at me concern lacing her eyes.

"I have to get to class, ill see you guys later," Lili says walking away.

"Did she forget we all have English?" Laura asks, "And that your holding all her binders," she says looking down at the binders in my arms.

"Yeah, it looks like she did,"

Laura sighs, "Let's go," she says, and we walk in the direction Lili went.

Lili chuckles a bit when I hand her the binder, "Oh, thank you," I hum in response.

"Now let's get to class," she says only this time grabbing my hand, so I go with her.

We get to class early and take our seats; slowly other kids make their way in.

"Watch it, Emily," Shawn yelled from outside the class. He walks in dramatically groaning and rolling his eyes.

He sighs again sitting down beside me, "Some people man,"

"what's wrong," Laura asked him.

"Some bitch was talking shit that wasn't true and not appreciated." He said.

"I didn't know an Emily went here?" Laura said.

"I don't know if that was her real name, I feel like it started with an E though,"

She nods, "Ahh."

Lilian's POV

I feel like crap.

I have a headache; my throat hurts and I just want to get through today so I can go home.

The only reason I'm not at home now is we have a rule you can only stay home the day you are the sickest and this is only the second day I feel bad, if I feel worse tomorrow ill stay home then.

I got Starbucks this morning to try and trick my brain into thinking I'm ok.

Believe it or not, it's hard to placebo your own brain.

Chase's POV

Throughout the rest of class, Lili faded, getting less talkative and her blinks becoming longer each time.

When class ended everyone packed up and left, I grabbed Lili's hand pulling her into an empty classroom with me.

"What?" she asked softly.

"Tell me,"

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me what your feeling, tell me what your thinking and tell me why you keep saying you're fine when you're clearly not,"

"I don't want to bother-,"

"Do not fucking say bother, you are not and never will be a bother, just please tell me what's wrong so I can help."

"Fine, I have a headache, my throat is killing me and it's so fricken cold in here." She says shivering.

"why don't you go home," I suggest.

"I can't, not yet at least,"

"And why is that?"

"We have a rule at my house that you can only stay home the day you are sickest, and I think that's going to be tomorrow."

"That's bullshit, why would you wait till your worse when you can stay home and start getting better," she just shrugs.

"Good thing at my house if you're sick you stay home,"

"No, I can't-,"

"Yes, you can and we're going to," I grab her hand and lead her out of the classroom.

She texts Laura and tells her where we are going. The next class hasn't started yet luckily so it's not suspicious that we are going to the parking lot.

Not that any of the teachers would care enough to try and stop me.

When we get to my house, I open the car door for her and help her out.

"I can still walk you know,"

"I know, but I want to help you," I hold onto her arm as we till we get inside.

"You can go lay down, I'll make you some tea," she nods and heads to the living room.

I follow her confused as she sits down on the couch, "I meant in my bed love,"

"I'm fine here, really," she shivers again putting her hood up.

"Come on sweetheart," I take her hand in mine and lead her upstairs to my room.

She sits on my bed taking off her hoodie because apparently, it's too hot now.

I sit down beside her and put my hand against her forehead, she's burning up.

"Shit, you're burning up, why don't you have a lukewarm shower to help with your fever," I suggest, "I'll leave some clothes out for you,"

She yawns standing up, "Ok, thank you,"

She heads to my bathroom, when I hear the water running I pull out a t-shirt and sweatpants for her to wear and put them on my bed.

Once I make her tea I decide to heat up some soup as well to help her throat.

Twenty minutes later it was ready and the shower stopped running.

I knock on my bedroom door and there is a muffled 'come in' Lili was laying in my bed with the blankets wrapped around her.

"How are you feeling?" I ask pushing a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"A bit better thank you,"

"You don't need to thank me, I want to help you,"

"Do you want something to eat?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Ok, it'll be here if you want it," I place the bowl on my nightstand beside her.

I stand to kiss her forehead, the fever went down a bit but not much.

I turn to leave so she can get some sleep.

"Can you stay with me?" Her voice strained quietly.

I nod and walk to the other side of the bed and get in. She turns her body so she was facing me and wrapped her arms around me with her head laying on my chest.

I slowly rub my hand up and down her back sometimes stopping to draw little shapes.

She eventually fell asleep, I did not.

She looked peaceful sleeping.

———————————————————————————
A/n

Word count(1250)

Sorry for the shorter chapter today. I hope you still liked it and honestly why can't book boyfriends be real, like is it too much to ask?

But guess what?! The first part of my new story is up noww!!!!! I hope you like it. 
Please vote and comments to tell me what you think. The first chapter will be up tomorrow!!!

Thoughts??

Pls Vote, Comment and follow me!!

—Kay💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949K 25.4K 51
~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who works at a bookstore? Surprising, wouldn't...
1.1M 40.6K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...
8.3M 228K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
1.3M 44.2K 30
Ace's life is a shade of grey. Depressing, upsetting, painful and what not. Until Venus shows up and paints it colorful... quite literally. [ #7 in t...