Always ✔︎

By kayloves_

Soul•mate /sohl-meyt/ ~Someone who understands you, loves you, and will be there for you like no other.~ We a... More

Characters/aesthetics
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
[Valentines Special]
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Author Note(pls read) + New Book!!
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 27

9.1K 150 180
By kayloves_

Lilian's POV

"May I please get a grande ice vanilla latte,"

"Is that everything for you today?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Pull up to the next window, please."

I ended up sleeping past my alarm this morning and rushing out of the house, hence why I had stopped to get coffee.

Today I have chemistry first block, which means a quiz, fantastic.

"Sweetheart,"

"Pumpkin," I joke in the same soft tone as Chase helps me out of my car.

"Ready for the test today," I ask when he takes my binder out of my arms to hold.

"What test?"

"The chem test we have in-," I paused to dramatically check the nonexistent watch on my wrist "twenty minutes," I finish.

"What's it on at least?" he asked.

"That organic chemistry stuff was where you have a picture, and you have to name it with those special names then change the ending to make the other thing," I explain.

"That was a great explanation, I definitely know what that is," he mumbles sarcastically.

"Oh, whatever," I say gently slapping his bicep.

"HELLO, MY PARENTS," Shawn yelled walking up to us.

I give him a small smile; Chase however sends him one of his world-famous glares.

"Do you want to know what I heard," Shawn beamed.

"Ooh, what?" I questioned.

"A new girl is coming today," he said excitedly.

"How could you possibly know that already," Chase chirped.

"I have lots of friends who talk," he stated confidently.

"Sure, you do buddy," Chase jokes.

"Do you want to know where she's from?" he asked with the same level of excitement he had a moment ago. I just nod my head telling him to continue.

"England!" He squeals. "From what part I'm not sure but I'll have that info by the second block," he added.

"That's exciting I hope I have a class with her, and that she's nice," I say.

The bell rings and I pull Chase away "Let's go," I say to Chase.

"Ok," he replies placing his hand on the small of my back and leading me toward our class.

"Good morning class," the teacher announced from the front of the class.

"Today we are welcoming a new student, everyone says hello to Emma, I trust you will all make her feel welcome," She continues.

A few whispers start up, all people speculating what she will look like, be like, and just random facts about her.

"Ahh, Ms. Hill, perfect timing I brought Emma for you," Mr. Buck says showing up at the door.

"Hello," it's very nice to meet you, my name is Ms. Hill," she says greeting the girl.

Emma had shoulder-length straight brown hair, she looked tall maybe 5'8, and she had what looked like three piercing on each ear all filled with small simple diamond studs.

Overall, she was very pretty.

A group of boys sitting near the back of the class can be heard agreeing with my thoughts.

"Would you like to tell the class about yourself," Ms. Hill asked the girl. She just nods and walks so she's standing at the front of the class.

"My name is Emma, and I'm seventeen, I just moved here from England," he says in a very heavy British accent.

More muffled whisperers are heard all through the class as people fawn over Emma. 'Fuck she's British, that's fucking hot,' 'she's stunning,' 'she's hot,' 'I wouldn't mind getting cozy with her,' most of the comments come from the group of boys sitting at the back of the class.

Guys are actually disgusting.

"Thank you, Emma, you may take a seat now," Ms. Hill says pointing to a seat in the front row.

I glance over to Chase wondering what he's thinking about, he has his head resting in his arms sound asleep, he looked peaceful sleeping, his chest slowly rising and falling with each breath.

A few moments later I stop watching because it got creepy.

Just before class is about to end Ms. Hill calls me up to her desk.

"It says here that you have socials next block with Emma I was wondering if you could take her with you and show her around a bit," she asks.
"Sure, I would love to," I reply.

The bell rings an I walk over to where Emma is packing up her supplies to introduce myself to her, she is surrounded by a small group of people mostly boys trying to impress her with nasty pickup lines.

"Hi, I'm Lilian, I have socials with you next block if you want to walk with me," I say as the crowd around her dispersed.

"Sure, that would be lovely,"

"I love your accent by the way," I know this sounds stupid, but it makes whatever she says sound super smart.

"Lots of people do love," she says confidently.

"What's the social scene around here like?" she asks as we walk out of the class.

"Very much your typical high school setting, there are people who are popular, smart, athletic, the stoners then the people just trying to finish school so they can leave," I explain.

"I'm guessing the guy who was practically drooling at you all class is the athletic type," she guesses.

"Chase, yeah he plays hockey,"

"That's sexy," she states, "What position?" she added asking.

"I'm not sure but he's the captain," I say.

"Of course, he is, with that body," she says. "Are you guys together?"

"Well, technically no-um I don't know?" I stutter. 

"Cool," she says turning her face away so I couldn't see the small smirk on her face.

"Here we are," I say pointing to the social's classroom.

"Do you want to eat lunch with me and my friends today?" I ask sitting in my usual seat, Emma sat in the one next to me after saying hello to the teacher.

"I'd like that, thank you," she says.

As people start making their way into the class another small group forms around Emma as people ask her questions, compliment her accent, and stuff like that.

She's definitely going to be very popular I'll give her that. I mean how could she not be she's pretty, nice and her accent.

I will never forgive my dad for not moving to London when I was young so I could have an accent and then moving back here later,

Chase: Where did you go after class?

Me: Ms. Hill asked me to take Emma to socials with me since we have it together.

Chase: Oh, ok I was worried

Me: Emma's really nice

Chase: That's good I'm glad

Me: See you at lunch

Chase: See you then

"Hey, I was wondering what you're doing after school?" Emma asked leaning over closer to me.

"Nothing so far," I reply.

"Do you want to hang out, you can show me around town,"

"Sure,"

We spent the whole class talking to each other, I learned she has two brothers one younger and one's older, she has a dog named Chloe and she used to have a turtle named swirl.

English is her favourite subject, but the gym is a close second.

And lastly, they moved her for her dad's work.

~~

"Let's go I'll show you where we eat," I say as we pack up our binders.

"Ok," she replies.

I take her to our lunch table and after a few minutes Laura and Violet walk up.

"Oh hi, I'm Laura and this is Violet, we're really excited to have you here," Laura says gesturing to her and Violet.

"Yeah, it's really nice to meet you," Violet says excitedly.

Violet and Emma really hit it off, they talked the whole lunch about anything and everything. It's nice to not be the new girl anymore.

Chase came and sat beside me soon after Laura and Violet sat down, he didn't talk much, just held my hand on my lap under the table causing me to blush like crazy, it eventually went under control.

Laura and Violet agreed to meet me and Emma downtown to do some window shopping and a tour.

After school, I meet Emma at my car in the parking lot and we head to the designated meeting spot outside a Starbucks.

Once Laura and Vee got here, we ended up doing some actual shopping because Emma said she needed warm clothes for the winter.

"Let's go in here," Emma said pointing into a small boutique. We all agreed and headed inside.

We each had our own little pile of clothes we wanted to try on.

"Can I help you guys find anything?" a worker asked.

"Can I just get a change room," Emma said in a slightly rude tone of voice, I'm sure she didn't mean it like that.

"Yes, right this way," the worker replied leading us to the back of the store.

Laura went first since there was only one changing room.

She gave us a little fashion show with all her clothes. When she went to pay Violet tried on the shirts she wanted, but she ended up only liking one.

I was next, I tried on this white corset style top with these white jeans, I don't normally wear more reviling clothes if I have a choice.

But you never know I might love this outfit.

I was right. I love this outfit; I have no idea where I would wear it, but I want it.

"Come out, let me see," Emma said through the changing room door.

"Ok," I said back fixing my hair before opening the door.

"Wow," is all she said.

"Do you like it?" I asked turning around to show her the back.

"The jeans look great; they make you look skinny. So much that's better," she said.

"Oh-,"

"Lils, you look fucking stunning," Laura said walking out from behind the couch Emma was sitting on.

"Turn around, let me get a good look," Violet added. I turned around slowly so they could see the whole outfit.

"You look like an actual goddess," Laura stated taking out her phone to take a picture, I pose.

"I know exactly who would love to see this," she says, and Violet starts giggling.

"Who?" I ask, then it clicks "No, don't do that, it's weird,"

"Sent," Laura says looking rather proud of herself.

"Who did you send it to?" Emma asks looking confused.

"Chase motherfucking Taylor," Violet says happily.

"Ohh, that's a bit weird, won't he thinks you're fishing for a compliment," she says kind of snarky.

"I didn't think of that," would he actually think that? I hope not.

"He's typing already," Laura says staring down intensely at her phone.

"What did he say?" I ask nervously.

"He said you look, and I quote 'she looks like a fucking goddess, buy that outfit and I'll pay you back," she squeals.

"Someone's hungry for something unholy," Emma mumbles under her breath.

I changed back into my regular clothes and went to the register to pay but Laura stopped me reminding me that it was on Chase.

I was fine paying but she insisted.

"I'll meet you guys outside, I just have to grab something," Emma said as we were leaving the store.

We waited for five minutes outside before Emma came back.

"You definitely have to wear that to school tomorrow Violet said looking at me.

"Ok, I will,"

———————————————————————————
A/n
Thank you so much for 7K reads I can't believe it!!

Word count(1972)

Hi, thank you so much for reading. I hope you liked this chapter. I reread the first few chapters and can I just say I'm so sorry to put you guys through that kind of pain, I hope it's gotten better since then🤞
What do you guys think of Emma?

Thoughts??

Pls vote, comment and follow me!!

—Kay❤️

Also thank you for all the love on TikTok it means the world to me:):):)

Lilian's outfit inspo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 44.2K 30
Ace's life is a shade of grey. Depressing, upsetting, painful and what not. Until Venus shows up and paints it colorful... quite literally. [ #7 in t...
1.8M 57.4K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
1.5M 53.4K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
71.3K 2.9K 43
All Rémy Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...