Destruction ||| Glenn Rhee x...

By MxddieR15

de·struc·tion the action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot... More

Chapter 1) Lost
Chapter 2) What's to come
Chapter 3) So long
Chapter 4) The supply run
Chapter 5) The sheriff
Chapter 6) Sewers
Chapter 7) Mermaids
Chapter 8) Rotten
Chapter 9) Escape
Chapter 10) Left behind
Chapter 11) Going back
Chapter 12) Bag
Chapter 13) The alley
Chapter 14) Dogs
Chapter 15) Attack
Chapter 16) Leaving
Chapter 17) Long shot
Chapter 18) Safe for now
Chapter 19) All alone
Chapter 20) 30 Minutes
Chapter 21) Gone again
Chapter 22) Interstate
Chapter 23) Alone
Chapter 24) Trouble
Chapter 25) Pray
Chapter 26) Pharmacy
Chapter 27) Confrontation
Chapter 28) Dont tell
Chapter 30) One more
Chapter 31) Drink
Chapter 32) Run
Chapter 33) The kid
Chapter 34) Solution
Chapter 35) Escaped
Chapter 36) Fire
Chapter 37) Reunion
Chapter 38) Exhaustion
Chapter 39) Courtyard
Chapter 40) Push
Chapter 41) Survivors
Chapter 42) Corridor
Chapter 43) Axe
Chapter 44) Scars
Chapter 45) Headache
Chapter 46) Familarity
Chapter 47) Interrogate
Chapter 48) Betrayal
Chapter 49) Choice
Chapter 50) Broken
Chapter 51) Silence
Chapter 52) Hope
Chapter 53) Fine
Chapter 54) Field
Chapter 55) Unfriendly
Chapter 56) Meeting
Chapter 57) Ring
Chapter 58) Tombs
Chapter 59) Advance
Chapter 60) Ceiling
Chapter 61) Sickness
Chapter 62) Cough
Chapter 63) Dizzy
Chapter 64) Try
Chapter 65) Destruction
Chapter 66) Blur
Chapter 67) Sorry
Chapter 68) Tunnel
Chapter 69) Sanctuary
Chapter 70) Tub
Chapter 71) Church
Chapter 72) Cursed
Chapter 73) Missing
Chapter 74) Promise
Chapter 75) Crash
Chapter 76) Life
Chapter 77) Stench
Chapter 78) Solidarity
Chapter 79) Hospital
Chapter 80) Loss
Chapter 81) Weakness
Chapter 82) Storm
Chapter 83) Stranger
Chapter 84) Applesauce
Chapter 85) Route
Chapter 86) Maybe
Chapter 87) Camera
Chapter 88) Job
Chapter 89) Party
Chapter 90) Grenade
Chapter 91) Coward
Chapter 92) Cross
Chapter 93) Here
Chapter 94) It
Chapter 95) Plan
Chapter 96) W
Chapter 97) Somehow
Chapter 98) Out
Chapter 99) Distance
Chapter 100) Platform
Chapter 101) World
Chapter 102) Crash
Chapter 103) Honey
Chapter 104) Punch

Chapter 29) Move on

2.2K 62 62
By MxddieR15

Lori bumps into Y/N as she's getting something from her tent.

"The blood on Maggie's shirt..."

Y/N sighs, tossing a jacket onto her cot. "She was attacked. It was pretty close."

"I'm so sorry. I never should've asked you guys to go."

Y/N shakes her head. "We offered."

"I thought the town was safe, but if you hadn't come back..." She says running a hand through her hair.

Y/N holds up a hand. "But we did. We always do." There's a pause. "The morning-after pills. Will they even work?"

Lori sighs, sitting on the cot. "I don't know. I don't know if I want them to."

Y/N reaches into her bag. "Well then... I got these too. Just in case." She hands Lori a bottle.

"Prenatal vitamins... hell of a choice."

Y/N lightly laughs. "Glad it's not my decision."

There's another pause. "Lori? We're friends right?"

Lori smiles. "Of course."

"I can't tell you what to do. I could never tell you something like that. But your choice... Maybe you shouldn't make it alone."
————————————————————————
The next morning, Rick and the others sit around their camp eating breakfast. Dale nods to Y/N and Glenn who sigh deeply. They glance at the house where Maggie stands on the porch. She shakes her head no.

Glenn takes another deep breath. He clears his throat. "Um. Guys."

A few look up silently. "The barn is full of walkers."

Everyone looks up at that.
————————————————————————
Shane peeks through the crack of the barn doors and curses.

He turns around and faces Rick. "You cannot tell me you're all right with this."

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

Shane yells. "This is our lives!"

Y/N grinds her teeth. "Lower your voice!"

Andrea scoffs. "We can't just sweep this under the rug."

Shane shakes his head. "It ain't right. Not remotely. We've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time—"

Rick cuts him off. "We can't go."

Shane groans. "Why, Rick, why?"

Carol steps forward. "Because my daughter is still out there!"

"Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane says.

Y/N shakes her head. "We are NOT leaving Sophia behind."

Daryl agrees. "I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago."

Shane rubs his head. "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

Daryl points angrily at him. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"Daryl." Y/N whispers, warning him.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane says.

"Shane, stop." Glenn says.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Shane yells at Daryl.

Daryl steps toward Shane but Y/N quickly grabs him by the shoulders and gently pulls him away from Shane. "Please."

He looks back at her and sighs. He glares at Shane.

"What're you gonna do man? You her b*tch now?" Shane yells.

This time Y/N can't stop Daryl as he charges after Shane. Thankfully Rick and T-Dog hold him back.

Glenn goes for a punch at Shane but Archer grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him away. "Shane you best shut the hell up."

Daryl tries pulling away from the two men. "Get your hands off me!"

Rick steps forward once Daryl calms down a bit. "Let me talk to Hershel. Okay? Let me talk to him. If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land."

Dale nods slowly. "Hershel sees those things in there as people... Sick people... His wife, his stepson."

Rick cocks his head. "You knew?"

"Yesterday... I talked to Hershel."

Andrea's eyes widen. "And you waited the night?"

"I thought we could survive one more night. We did. I was waiting till this morning to say something. But Glenn wanted to be the one."

Shane rolls his eyes. "The man is crazy, Rick. You have to see that now."
————————————————————————
Y/N and Glenn sit alone, on the steps of the porch, eyeing the barn from a distance. Glenn takes a deep breath and looks at Y/N.

"I forgot."

She cocks her head at him. "What?"

"I forgot they were dangerous. Walkers. You and Maggie were right. I let them lower me into that well like it was fun. Then the pharmacy happened and I forgot how dangerous they really were. Maggie could've died." He sighs again.

She grabs his hand and squeezes it. "Maggie's okay. She might not understand why we did what we did now, but she will."

Glenn leans his head back, looking up at the sky. "You know... today. With Shane. What he said about you. It's like something snapped inside of me. How dare he talk about you like that? After everything you've done for this group? He really had a lot of nerve."

Y/N nods. "It doesn't bother me."

Glenn turns his head to look at her. "Well it bothered me. I don't want you getting hurt. Ever."

She smiles at that. "I won't, as long as you're here." He returns her smile and there's a tension-filled pause.

Y/N holds her breath as she looks into his eyes. Something shifts in that moment. He starts to lean in when Shane appears out of nowhere holding a bag of guns and shouting.

They quickly break apart and Y/N let's go of his hand. They make eye contact awkwardly as they stand up.

More members of their group come outside at the commotion. "What's going on?" Andrea asks him.

"Where's Rick?" Shane asks.

"He went off with Hershel. We were supposed to leave a couple hours ago to look for Sophia." She replies.

Shane groans loudly and starts pulling out weapons. He hands one to T-Dog. "You with me, man?" T nods.

"Time to grow up. Take charge." Shane hands out more weapons.

"Thought we couldn't carry?" Andrea asks as she receives a weapon.

Shane shakes his head. "We can and we have to. Look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe. But now we know it ain't."

He looks to Glenn and hands him a rifle. "What about you, man? You gonna protect yours?"

Glenn briefly glances at Y/N before taking the gun from Shane.

Shane hands out more. Maggie comes out of the house.

"Can you stop? You do this, you hand out these guns, my dad will make you leave tonight."

Carl shakes his head. "We have to stay, Shane."

"Now look, Hershel, he's just gotta understand. Okay? He... Well, he's gonna have to. Now we need to find Sophia. Am I right? Huh? Now I want you to take this. You take it, Carl, and you keep your mother safe. You do whatever it takes."

Lori scoffs. "Rick said no guns. This is not your call. This is not your decision to make."

Shane goes to say something when T-Dog looks in the distance and spots something. "Oh sh*t."

Y/N looks up and sees Hershel, Jimmy and Rick leading walkers on snare poles toward the barn. "What the hell?" She asks, grabbing a gun from the bag.

Shane starts running. "What is that? What is that?"

The group all run to the barn where the three men struggle against the poles. "What the hell are y'all doing?" Shane shouts.

"Shane, just back off!" Rick yells back.

Hershel looks to Rick. "Why do your people have guns?"

Shane laughs at that. "Are you kidding me? You see? You see what they're holding onto?"

Hershel narrows his eyes. "I see WHO i'm holding onto."

"No, man, you don't. These things ain't sick. They're not people. They're dead. Ain't gonna feel nothing for them 'cause all they do, they kill! These things right here, they're the things that killed Amy. They killed Otis. They're gonna kill all of us."

Y/N glances at the barn. Shane's making a lot of noise. "Shane! Shut up!"

"Hey, Hershel man, let me ask you something. Could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?" He asks, pulling out his pistol.

"Shane! Don't!" Rick yells.

It's too late.

Shane shoots the female walker several times in the chest.

"That's three rounds in the chest. Could someone who's alive, could they just take that?! Why is it still coming?"

He shoots the walker again, a few more times.

"That's its heart, its lungs. Why is it still coming?"

Rick shouts. "Shane, enough!"

Shane scoffs. "Yeah. You're right man. That is enough." He says shooting the walker in the head, finally killing it.
————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 492 6
When the world ends and the dead start roaming the earth to eat the living, what exactly would you do? How would you survive? And when the living are...
308K 9.1K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙖�...
33.2K 997 65
In the depths of the Southside, where chaos and whispers intertwine lies Kimberly an unpredictable soul confined within the walls of a psych ward. T...
232K 9.8K 79
When the world went to hell it didn't make much difference to y/n's life. She was alone before everything and she was alone now. When everything sta...