Destruction ||| Glenn Rhee x...

By MxddieR15

de·struc·tion the action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot... More

Chapter 1) Lost
Chapter 2) What's to come
Chapter 3) So long
Chapter 4) The supply run
Chapter 5) The sheriff
Chapter 6) Sewers
Chapter 7) Mermaids
Chapter 8) Rotten
Chapter 10) Left behind
Chapter 11) Going back
Chapter 12) Bag
Chapter 13) The alley
Chapter 14) Dogs
Chapter 15) Attack
Chapter 16) Leaving
Chapter 17) Long shot
Chapter 18) Safe for now
Chapter 19) All alone
Chapter 20) 30 Minutes
Chapter 21) Gone again
Chapter 22) Interstate
Chapter 23) Alone
Chapter 24) Trouble
Chapter 25) Pray
Chapter 26) Pharmacy
Chapter 27) Confrontation
Chapter 28) Dont tell
Chapter 29) Move on
Chapter 30) One more
Chapter 31) Drink
Chapter 32) Run
Chapter 33) The kid
Chapter 34) Solution
Chapter 35) Escaped
Chapter 36) Fire
Chapter 37) Reunion
Chapter 38) Exhaustion
Chapter 39) Courtyard
Chapter 40) Push
Chapter 41) Survivors
Chapter 42) Corridor
Chapter 43) Axe
Chapter 44) Scars
Chapter 45) Headache
Chapter 46) Familarity
Chapter 47) Interrogate
Chapter 48) Betrayal
Chapter 49) Choice
Chapter 50) Broken
Chapter 51) Silence
Chapter 52) Hope
Chapter 53) Fine
Chapter 54) Field
Chapter 55) Unfriendly
Chapter 56) Meeting
Chapter 57) Ring
Chapter 58) Tombs
Chapter 59) Advance
Chapter 60) Ceiling
Chapter 61) Sickness
Chapter 62) Cough
Chapter 63) Dizzy
Chapter 64) Try
Chapter 65) Destruction
Chapter 66) Blur
Chapter 67) Sorry
Chapter 68) Tunnel
Chapter 69) Sanctuary
Chapter 70) Tub
Chapter 71) Church
Chapter 72) Cursed
Chapter 73) Missing
Chapter 74) Promise
Chapter 75) Crash
Chapter 76) Life
Chapter 77) Stench
Chapter 78) Solidarity
Chapter 79) Hospital
Chapter 80) Loss
Chapter 81) Weakness
Chapter 82) Storm
Chapter 83) Stranger
Chapter 84) Applesauce
Chapter 85) Route
Chapter 86) Maybe
Chapter 87) Camera
Chapter 88) Job
Chapter 89) Party
Chapter 90) Grenade
Chapter 91) Coward
Chapter 92) Cross
Chapter 93) Here
Chapter 94) It
Chapter 95) Plan
Chapter 96) W
Chapter 97) Somehow
Chapter 98) Out
Chapter 99) Distance
Chapter 100) Platform
Chapter 101) World
Chapter 102) Crash
Chapter 103) Honey
Chapter 104) Punch

Chapter 9) Escape

2.5K 77 49
By MxddieR15

Y/N puts her hand on Glenn's shoulder. "You can do this."

He smiles at her and hands her the walkie as Rick pulls up near a red sports car.

He gets out and smashes the window causing an obnoxious alarm to start ringing. He gets in the driver seat and hot wires the car.

Y/N and Rick start getting back in the truck when Glenn stops her. "Y/N wait."

Y/N turns back to him and he pulls her in for a hug. She smiles against his shoulder. "Don't die please." She tells him.

"Yeah..." He says pulling away. "You too."

Rick and Y/N get in the car and head towards the store. She grabs the walkie and holds down the button. "Hey. It's me. Those roll-up doors at the front of the store facing the street... Meet us there and be ready."
————————————————————————
The group gathers their things and starts heading downstairs.

Merle starts tugging at the pipe he's attached to. "Hey, you can't leave me here! I'm not fooling, man! Morales! Hey, man! Don't do this!"

Morales looks at him but Andrea calls his name and he leaves.

"Morales! You can't leave me like this, man! Hey, T-Dog. No, man. You can't leave me, man. You can't leave me here... Not like this. You can't, man. It's not human. Come on, don't do this."

T-Dog groans and decides to free him but as he's rushing over to unhook him, he trips and drops the key. It almost felt like slow motion as the key fell down the drain.

"Son of a b*tch! You did that on purpose!" Merle screams.

T-Dog freaks out. "No! I didn't mean to! It was an accident!" He gets up and starts heading for the door, still facing Merle.

"Don't leave me, man! Don't leave me! Don't leave me! You liar!"

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry man."

"Damn you all! Don't leave me, man! Don't leave... don't leave me!" Merle tried ripping away from the pipe to no avail.

T-Dog stops outside the door to wrap a chain around the door, hoping to keep the rotters away from him.

"Hey! What are you doing, man? You're gonna rot in hell! You're gonna rot in hell! Come back, man!"
————————————————————————
The group waits by the rolling doors for the signal from Rick and Y/N. T-Dog rushes up at the last minute and they can hear the distant breaking of glass. The second set of doors have been breached.

Outside the door, Rick hops out of the truck and bangs on the door. The group rolls it up and start climbing in while shouting various things. Once everyone is inside, they drive off quickly and close the back of the truck.

Inside the truck, Y/N looks around and notices the absence of Merle. She looks over at T who lowers his head.

"I dropped the damn key."

The group falls silent as they realize that it's too late to get him now.

"Best not to dwell on it. Merle got left behind. Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back... Except maybe Daryl." Morales says.

Rick glances back at Morales. "Daryl?"

"His brother." Y/N responds.

For a few minutes, nobody speaks. Everyone is overwhelmed at the events that took place on what was supposed to be a 'quick run' to the city.

Y/N feels bad. She told Glenn not to worry about it. She thought it would be fine. Now here they are, several hours later. They almost died several times, found this sheriff guy and now Merle's stuck on a roof.

She's lost in thought when she suddenly hears the distant car alarm. She looks through the rear view mirror and can see the red sports car speeding toward them.

"Whoo-hooooo!" He shouts as he zips past them.

She smiles at that and silently thanks the universe for him being okay. When he didn't meet them at the rolling doors she got nervous.

Damn. She really likes him.
————————————————————————
Back at the camp outside the city, some members of the group aren't handling this extended run.

"We should go after them damnit!" Archer shouts, getting in Shane's face.

"No. We can't spare the ammo OR the people." Back down."

"Y/N is out there! I'm not just gonna stand by and let her be stuck in that city!"

Shane glares at him. "Then go. Nobody's stopping you."

"Fine! Geez am I the only one who cares about these people?" Archer huffs, grabbing a gun from Dale and heading towards a car.

"Wait. Listen." Dale holds up a hand. The camp goes silent as they hear a faint car alarm getting closer.

"The hell is that?" Shane asks.

"Stolen car is my guess." Dale responds.

"Is it them? Are they back?" Amy says frantically.

A moment later, Glenn pulls up grinning widely at the group.

"Holy crap. Turn that damn thing off." Dale tells him.

Glenn shrugs. "I don't know how!"

Shane groans. "Pop the hood. Pop the damn hood."

"Okay okay." Glenn reaches into the car and pops the hood.

As Shane disengages the still ringing alarm, Glenn is bombarded by people asking questions.

"Is she okay? Is Andrea okay?" Amy asks quickly.

"Where the hell is Y/N? Answer me!" Archer says stalking toward Glenn.

Glenn puts his hands up. "Calm down guys! Yes they're both okay."

"Well then where are they?" Archer presses.

Before he can respond Shane is interrupting. "Are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every walker for miles?"

Dale sets his rifle against the RV. "I think we're okay."

Shane scoffs. "You call being stupid okay?"

"Well, the alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source." Shane gives Dale a look. "I'm not arguing. I'm just saying."

He looks at Glenn, slight disappointment on his face. "It wouldn't hurt you to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?"

Glenn takes off his cap. "Sorry. Got a cool car."

In the meantime, the truck with the remaining group members pulls up.

Andrea is first out and spots her sister. "Amy."

Amy smiles out of relief. "Andrea!" The two hug. "You scared the sh*t out of me!"

Morales is out next and reunited with his family.

T-Dog and Jacqui are out next. Dale walks up to them. "You are a welcome sight. We thought we lost y'all for sure." He pats them on the shoulder.

"How'd y'all get out of there anyway?" Shane asks.

"New guy... He got us out." Y/N responds, walking up. Archer runs up to her and hugs her tightly.

"I told you this trip was a bad idea." He says shaking his head.

"I'm okay. We made it and that's what matters." She replies.

The moment is interrupted when Glenn clears his throat. The two separate and Shane continues.

"New guy?"

"Yeah, crazy Vato just got into town. Hey, helicopter boy! Come say hello." Morales calls out to Rick who exits the truck.

"Guys a cop. Like you."

When Rick comes around the corner of the car, Shane's eyes widen. Lori, who was comforting Carl, looks up and gasps.

"Dad!!!" Carl says, running towards Rick.
————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 5.8K 48
"You're my everything Angela." Rick said planting a kiss on my forehead. Angela is all alone when the world goes to hell. She finds a group with a sh...
119K 1.8K 18
THIS IS A PART 2 TO MY DARYL FREAKING DIXON STORIES! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS, COMMENTS, AND VOTES! I LOVE YOU, MY CUPPYCAKES!! This book is ju...
6.2K 199 9
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...
31.9K 1.5K 32
+‎➳ Maggie Greene X Reader ‎➳+ •Gender Neutral so all can read• In all ways of life.. Or death, there's The Beginning.. The beginning of something ne...