Always ✔︎

By kayloves_

Soul•mate /sohl-meyt/ ~Someone who understands you, loves you, and will be there for you like no other.~ We a... More

Characters/aesthetics
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
[Valentines Special]
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Author Note(pls read) + New Book!!
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 13

13.3K 229 118
By kayloves_

Lilian's POV
*slight cringe warning*

Hot chocolate

He remembered all the little detail about it too I probably told him when I was rambling about something.

I do talk a lot when I am nervous, especially during awkward silence I just feel the need to ask random questions.

"Do you like it?"

I took a long sip of the drink and swished it around in my mouth pretending I was a judge on a cooking show. "This is the best hot chocolate I have ever had"

"Glad you like it, want to go walk around a bit?" He asks leading me to the door we came in through.

"Sure"

"Are you still cold?" He asks looking down at me with a bit of worry in his eyes.

"No, I'm good this is warming me up already," I say wrapping both hands around my drink relishing in the warmth of the cup.

"Thank you"

"For what" I laugh "I haven't done anything," I say

"I don't know, you j-" He started saying before pausing.

"Chase, OMG what a coincidence seeing you here." A voice screeched from behind us, we both turned to see a short dirty blonde hair girl running down the sidewalk toward us.

"Fucking hell" Chase mumbles under his breath as the girl approaches us.

"It's so funny seeing you here, I was just going to get a latte when I saw you," the girl says, clearly she didn't see me or didn't bother to acknowledge that I was standing right beside him.

"I was just playing fortnight with some of the guys and they all started making fun of me, can you tell them to not call me short anymor-"

"What do you want" Chase interrupts her incessant voice. I don't even know her but she's the biggest "pick me" I have ever met.

"Just to catch up with my best friend, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever we should totally hang out, I think some of the guys are getting together for a guy's night," she whines.

"There's a reason why we don't see each other" he grumbles "now we're leaving," he says grabbing my hand gently.

I guess she finally noticed me because I was getting the biggest death glare of all time.

"Wait who the fuck are you," she says to me acting all tough.

This makes Chase stop and whip his head back around at her.

"Don't you ever speak to her that way and it's none of your fucking business, now goodbye," he says turning back around and walking away with my hand still in his.

"I'm sorry about her she shouldn't have talked to you that way," he says once we walk out of her earshot.

"she's this girl who has been obsessed with hanging out with me and the other guys from the team for as long as I can remember" he adds once he sees the confusion written all over my face.

"What's her name?" I question.

"Trillium or Tessa, honestly I have no idea but I think it starts with a T," He says. "She doesn't even go to our school anymore, she transferred last year because her dad got a big fancy job in Toronto but I guess she's back," he added.

"Why didn't you tell her my name? I ask him.

"Because someone like her doesn't deserve to have your name in her nasty little bitch mouth" he states like it was obvious.

"Well thank you for that then," I say drinking more of my hot chocolate.

We walk further down the street and turn onto this quiet little street.

A few shops on the side of the road have started to put out some Halloween decorations.

By now my hot chocolate is long gone and I am freezing again, Chase's hand provides a little bit of the warmth that I need.

"So umm what's your favourite season," I ask filling the silence.

"Probably winter, how about you?" he replies.

"Definitely summer, No school, warm weather and getting to travel to see my family," I say smiling at the memory of visiting my grandparents over in Ontario.

"My Papa just texted me and Sophie is having a movie night and invited us, do you want to go?" he asked

"Sounds like fun, I just have to ask my dad first.

Me: One of my friend's family is having a movie night can I stay later?

Dad: Sure sweetie, be safe if you come home late lock the door.

Me: alright I will, thank you!

"He said yes," I say excitedly grabbing back onto Chase's hand for warmth.

"Here," he says handing me his jacket.

"No I can't take that I'm fine," I say politely even though it would be warmer than what I have.

"I'll be fine, you need it," he says stubbornly.

"Fine" I mumble putting on the jacket and I was right it is very warm and cozy.

A nice smell hits my nose when I put on his jacket it smells like mint and cologne, the combination works perfectly together.

We eventually make it back to his house and his Papa and sister are waiting with popcorn and candy, we voted on what movie to watch and Sophie's favourite movie "Maleficent" won.

~~

Last night after the movie ended my dad texted that he wanted me home by 11, so at 10:58 Chase dropped me off and my house even though he didn't need to since I took my car to his house he said it was for peace of mind, I didn't argue after that.

Today is Saturday aka one of my favourite days of the week because, One No school, Two I like to do my nails on Saturday every two weeks and three I don't work today so I have nothing to accomplish.

I love doing my nails, don't get me wrong they take forever, but they look good in the end.

It's like a form of therapy for me.

Today I decided to do a pink swirl design on a medium, almond-shaped nail.

And a good 3 hours later they are done, I'm happy with the results considering I'm not a professional.

Chase: what are you doing today?

Me: just finished doing my nails now I'm going to read.

Chase: You can do your own nails?

Me: ya it's not that hard once you learn

Chase: I need proof, send a pic.

Me: Here it is!

Chase: holy shit those look fantastic, next time you should try the same design but in shades of blue.

Me: ya that could be really cool.

The rest of the day was pretty boring, I watched a few episodes of modern family, did some homework and made sugar cookies.

Overall an almost perfect Saturday, only one other thing or should I say a person would have made it even more perfect.

———————————————————————————
A/n

Word count(1274)

Hey guys, I'm not really sure how to feel about this chapter but I wanted to give you guys something, writing about Tess was the worst thing I have ever done in my life.

P. S the picture of Lilian's nails is a set of nails I did!! It may not look perfect but I'm not a professional and it was almost a year ago.

I hope you liked this chapter with it's cringe and all anyway. I love every one of you sooo much I want to say thank you for 400 reads that's absolutely crazy!!!!

Thoughts??

Pls vote, comment and follow me!!

—Kay❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 40.2K 47
"Nolan..." I say as his lips meet my neck. He gently kisses up and down my neck. "Stop." I say. "You're not my boyfriend, stop acting like it." "Oh k...
1.1M 40.6K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...
19.3M 543K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
941K 25.2K 51
~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who works at a bookstore? Surprising, wouldn't...