HEARTSTRINGS (Completed)

By NiranjanaNepol

Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him... More

1 Patient
2 The Book
3 Blazing eyes
4 Trapped
5 The Warrior
6 Unexpected Turn
7 Difference
8 Request
9 One Condition
10 Yes...
11 About ASR
12 Sold Out
13 Wedding
14 Shocking Khushi
15 Snake in the Grass
16 Finger Print
17 Khushi is ready
18 Trick
19 Improvement
20 The Task
21 The First Change
22 Born Nature
23 The Biggest change
24 Questioning Arnav
25 Aranv Vs Arnav
26 Collision
27 Cuteness overloaded
28 Arnav was in Temple
29 Return of the Evil
30 Checkmate to the Doctor
31 Aman's Outburst
32 Is ASR back?
33 Arnav in RM
34 What's in Arnav's mind?
35 How different!
36 Doubt over Doubt
37 The Voice
38 Connecting Dots...
39 Khushi's concern
40 Brother and Sister
41 The Truth
42 Question arrows
43 Contradiction
44 The Phone
45 Wife
46 About Swamiji
47 The Recordings
48 Coincidence
49 The First Step
50 About Khushi
51 Regretting Arnav
52 one + one = one
53 Plan Backfired
54 Why?
55 YOU...
56 Unpredictable
57 Sweating Shyam
58 What if?
59 A step ahead
60 The First Day...
61 Discussion
62 Who are you?
63 Aggressive Arnav
65 The Loyal Servant
66 Shyam's Effort
67 The hug from Arnav
68 The Ritual
69 The Phone call
70 The First Night
71 Anjali's Doubt
72 Anjali is in Action
73 The Truth
74 Anjali's Decision
75 Life-Taking Pain
76 The News
77 Turn of Events
78 Arrest Warrant
79 Shocking News
80 Gratitude
81 Swaraj is released
82 Punishment
83 Treatment for Anjali
84 What's in Khushi's Mind?
85 Gestures
86 Last Part
87 Epilogue

64 Tough to Understand

4.9K 263 37
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 64 Tough to understand

Khushi sat on the couch silently. Anjali came to her and clutched her hand.

"I'm sorry, Khushi... because of me, you are facing a tough time in your life," she said with regret.

"What's new in that Di? My bad time started, from the time, I stepped into RM" she said painfully.

"You don't have to bother, Khushi. Chotte will definitely accept you" she tried to give her hope.

"No Di... I think Arnavji is in love with someone... that's why he was hinting at the point again and again."

Anjali squeezed her hand.

"I don't want to be an awkward piece of his life, Di. I will walk away if Arnavji doesn't like me"

"No, Khushi... please don't say that" Anjali pleaded.

"What else do you want me to do, Di?"

"Please Khushi, give me some time... please..."

Khushi sighed.

Anjali didn't notice that Shyam skimmed from there but Khushi. Obviously, he went to make a call to alert the doctor. But, his bad time, the doctor's mobile was out of coverage area. Shyam got irritated. He again tried but the condition was the same. So, he called someone. This time, the call got attended.

"Arnav got to know everything... (pause) No, he doesn't know I'm involved in it (Pause) he went to file a case against the doctor. I tried to call him but his phone was not in range (Pause) do something. or else, he will rot in hell because Arnav is angry like hell (pause) no... he didn't accept her as his wife (pause) but Anjali will make him accept her for sure (pause) I don't think I can do anything in this because Arnav is looking like a beast. He is lashed over everyone mercilessly. I think he is suspecting me too (Pause) yes. he is flowing like a forest river. He will swallow anyone coming into his way" Shyam disconnected the call and came to the living room again.

He saw everyone sitting in the living room sadly.

The commissioner office

Arnav came to the commissioner's office. Aman was waiting for him there. He saw Arnav entering the office like a cyclone.

"ASR, are you sure about filing the case against the doctor?" Aman asked.

"Why doubt?"

"No... I just..."

Arnav walked in followed by Aman.

"Did Raizadas get to know that you got to know about the wedding?"

"Yes... how long could I be quiet? I just can't even talk to my wife freely... then, what's the use of becoming a family man?" He asked casually making Aman wonder. He could not believe that he was the same man who sneered on the call a few minutes ago.

"Thank God, you patched up with Khushi..." Aman said.

"I have not accepted her as my wife yet," Arnav said that confused Aman. Didn't he say he wanted to talk to her freely? How could he do that if he hadn't accepted her as his wife? Aman sighed as he could not understand anything.

Arnav smiled inwardly, seeing Aman's confused face.

The commissioner welcomed the great ASR.

"Hello, ASR... nice to meet you after a long span" he extended his hand for a shake.

"Nice to meet you too sir," Arnav said clutching his hand.

"Take your seat, ASR"

Arnav and Aman sat in front of him.

"I heard, you were in a coma..."

Cutting him,

"It's not true, Sir... I became mad by the effect of the attack"

"Mad means?" the commissioner spared a glance with Aman.

"Mad means, mental..." Arnav said without hesitation.

Arnav and Aman could sense the shock on his face.

"Oh... So, you are here to file a case against those who attacked you..."

"Not only that, Sir. There was a doctor who restricted me from my recovery and kept me mad by providing some evil medicine. I want him to be arrested and want to know who is behind this ploy" Arnav said.

"Who is the doctor?" the commissioner asked.

"Dr. Buvan Chathurvedi," Aman said.

"Ok, just give me a return complaint"

Taking a paper, Aman started writing the complaint. he extended the paper to Arnav and also the pen. Arnav signed in and handed it to the commissioner.

"I will take severe action, ASR"

"Thank you, sir..."

Arnav and Aman left the place. There were a lot of questions running through Aman's mind. He wanted to know what was there in Arnav's mind.

"ASR..."

"Yeah...?"

"What are you going to do next?"

"Nothing... just going to go in the flow"

ASR and going in its flow? Like really? Aman looked at him as if he was a ghost.

"See you"

Arnav got into the car and left the place with a smirk. Arnav knew Khushi would also be in confusion about his sudden outburst. He drove off thinking about what happened in RM.

After a while,

Arnav came to RM after filing the case against the doctor. he walked to his room as if there was no one present in the living room. Suddenly, he stopped and looked at Khushi.

"You said you stopped giving me the medicine after the marriage. How do you know about the medicine?" he asked making Shyam's heartbeat skip.

"I know nothing about the medicine. I know how wild you were and I know you were taking the medicine regularly. If you were wild even after taking the medicine, what was the use of taking it? that's why I didn't have an interest to continue the medicine. As I expected, you changed a little by little" she said running her eyes on Raizadas.

"The girl who just entered our family thought right but you guys couldn't..." Arnav said running his eyes on Raizadas.

"I can't understand what you guys are up to..." he sighed.

He again walked to his room.

"Chotte, one minute..." Anjali stopped him.

Arnav looked at her. He knew what she would ask him. Before she said, anything.

"Di... I think we should not discuss it here" he said looking at Khushi.

Anjali gulped down.

"I don't want to hurt the soul who truly wished my recovery"

Arnav looked at Khushi and then Shyam.

"Chotte, the mistake is mine..."

Cutting her,

"Di, even your husband didn't want me to accept her as my wife" he smirked.

"Sale Sahib, when did I say so?" Shyam asked panicking.

"Didn't you ask me to marry a RICH girl? How could you do that even after knowing that I got married to Khushi? What does that mean? You didn't consider it a wedding...right?"

"No sale sahib, I just tried to know what's there in your mind about the wedding" Shyam tried to cover it up.

"This is how you try? Would you give the poison to the person to know whether he would like to live or not? What I would have thought when you asked me to get married to a rich girl? What would have run through my mind? Didn't you care about my feelings? Without minding about anything how could to take anything forward?" Arnav lashed him directly.

"Chotte..." Anjali tried to say something,

Arnav stopped her.

"Di... I might have gotten close to Khushi when I was mad but Jeejaji was in his full sense. Yet, he didn't like Khushi. That's why he should have asked me to marry someone. So, something must be there to consider. Or else, Jeejaji would not have put an idea in front of me. So, please don't compel me" he galloped to his room.

Anjali glared at Shyam with teary eyes.

"Rani Sahiba, I didn't mean it... I don't expect Sale Sahib will take it this way"

"Then in what way he will think?" Lavanya asked before Anjali question him.

"No Lavanya... you are mistaken"

"Are you happy now? Chotte didn't want to accept Khushi because of you..." She sneered.

Khushi ran to her room, pretending like crying.

"This is not done, Damadji... I thought you would be supportive of our family but you became a hindrance to our happiness. How could you console Khushi bitiya? She has no one other than us. She left her family behind for us..." Nani said controlling her anger.

"Di, if Khushi took any bad decision, I won't be quiet," Lavanya said.

Shyam gulped down. He didn't expect his one action would turn the opposite to him. it seemed no one was ready to listen to him anymore.

Dinner table

Khushi didn't come to dinner. Arnav came and was about to sit, he stopped not finding Khushi. That was when Hari Prakash came there.

"Where is Khushi?" Nani asked.

"She said she is not hungry," HP said.

Arnav headed to Khushi's room. Raizadas looked at each other. They could not understand what was there in Arnav's mind.

"I can't understand Chotte, Nani," Anjali said.

"He is also in confusion. Neither he could accept Khushi nor could evade her I suppose" Nani said.

Arnav came to Khushi's room and entered as it was not closed. Khushi stood up from the bed, seeing Arnav.

"Why didn't you come downstairs for the dinner, Khushi?"

"What do you want me to do, Arnavji? I don't know what to do as I could not understand anything"

"What could not you understand?"

"All of a sudden, you asked me WHO ARE YOU? And, ARE YOU MY WIFE? what would I think? you are confusing me"

"But you managed the situation simply..."

"What's there in your mind Arnavji? Understanding you is very tough"

"Are you scared?"

"No... not at all..."

"I know my actions will confuse you and will make you insecure. That's why I made you my legal heir because I don't want you to lose your peace due to my actions"

"That means, all these are pre-planned?"

"Not everything, but yes..."

"But why did you urgently file the case against the doctor?"

"Because I don't want them to get alert. As you said, the doctor is the trump card for us to get the other culprits. That's why I want him to be under police custody. And, without knowing anything about my mental condition, I could not do that. That's why I lashed over everyone in RM. I used your brother to achieve that. Everyone believed that he would have blurted out everything to me"

Khushi sighed.

"Is that clear now?"

"Mmmm"

"Let's go..."

"Where?"

"To have dinner"

"Would you tell them that you accepted me?"

"No... not so soon"

"They will suspect if we go together"

"I will handle"

Khushi sighed and walked. Arnav pulled her towards him. before she composed herself, he seized her lips, making her eyes widen. She was nervous too. What if anyone saw them? She pushed him but it was not easy to come out of his grip. Arnav broke the kiss as she struggled.

"Arnavji... what if anyone..."

"I will say I accepted you as my wife... simple..."

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"Let's go" he pecked her hair.

They came to the dining. Raizadas spilled a satisfactory smile, seeing them coming together but Arnav had another plan to wipe their smile off.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 1.4K 5
πŸ”–Highest rank #202(5/4/17) in Short Story πŸ”–#335 in romance(11/5/17)πŸ‘ˆ We heard many people say,"Love is blind" Is it really blind? Can it possible...
413K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...
448K 17.1K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...
52.9K 3K 23
A blissful marriage between two individuals who already lost so much in life.. will their past allow them to lead a peaceful present... An Arshi love...