HEARTSTRINGS (Completed)

By NiranjanaNepol

Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him... More

1 Patient
2 The Book
3 Blazing eyes
4 Trapped
5 The Warrior
6 Unexpected Turn
7 Difference
8 Request
9 One Condition
10 Yes...
11 About ASR
12 Sold Out
13 Wedding
14 Shocking Khushi
15 Snake in the Grass
16 Finger Print
17 Khushi is ready
18 Trick
19 Improvement
20 The Task
21 The First Change
22 Born Nature
23 The Biggest change
24 Questioning Arnav
25 Aranv Vs Arnav
26 Collision
27 Cuteness overloaded
28 Arnav was in Temple
29 Return of the Evil
30 Checkmate to the Doctor
31 Aman's Outburst
32 Is ASR back?
33 Arnav in RM
34 What's in Arnav's mind?
35 How different!
36 Doubt over Doubt
38 Connecting Dots...
39 Khushi's concern
40 Brother and Sister
41 The Truth
42 Question arrows
43 Contradiction
44 The Phone
45 Wife
46 About Swamiji
47 The Recordings
48 Coincidence
49 The First Step
50 About Khushi
51 Regretting Arnav
52 one + one = one
53 Plan Backfired
54 Why?
55 YOU...
56 Unpredictable
57 Sweating Shyam
58 What if?
59 A step ahead
60 The First Day...
61 Discussion
62 Who are you?
63 Aggressive Arnav
64 Tough to Understand
65 The Loyal Servant
66 Shyam's Effort
67 The hug from Arnav
68 The Ritual
69 The Phone call
70 The First Night
71 Anjali's Doubt
72 Anjali is in Action
73 The Truth
74 Anjali's Decision
75 Life-Taking Pain
76 The News
77 Turn of Events
78 Arrest Warrant
79 Shocking News
80 Gratitude
81 Swaraj is released
82 Punishment
83 Treatment for Anjali
84 What's in Khushi's Mind?
85 Gestures
86 Last Part
87 Epilogue

37 The Voice

4.9K 275 28
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 37 The Voice...

Arnav's mind clouded with a lot of doubts, after hearing Lavanya and Khushi's talks. There were a lot of conflicts in his family members' statements. He wanted to know the real reason for Khushi's stay in his room as he didn't find them true. He was lost in them. Suddenly, he sensed a strong gaze on him. He looked in the direction and saw Khushi turning her face opposite to him. He walked looking at her. in that he didn't notice the tea table's edge that was peeping a little out. He banged on it with his toe.

"Ouch..."

"Arnavji..." Khushi rushed to him and rubbed his toe, kneeling in front of him.

"Are you hurt?"

Arnav was looking at her without answering. Khushi looked up and got stuck. She stood up with hesitation. she was embarrassed. Arnav didn't know what he felt in his heart. Why did Khushi react this way when his own sister was standing doing nothing? And something hit his mind.

"What did you call me?" he asked shrinking his eyes.

Khushi looked at him and said,

"Arnaaaavjiii..." in a low tone.

Arnav gulped down hard. ARNAVJI? an unknown nervousness occupied his mind. He felt something in his heart. He went to his room immediately and didn't want to go weaker. He sat on the recliner and closed his eyes. Was the voice that echoed in his mind Khushi's? He was not sure because her voice was not as loud as the voice that ringing in his head. She didn't call him loudly. What the... He wanted to find it out. But how? Will she tell him if he questioned her? Why did it feel like everyone was hiding something from him? why did his own family was looking strange to him? at the same time, why did his heart feel connected with Khushi? But what connection? Did he feel like that just because he met her once? No way... he was not satisfied with his answer. He decided what to do. He walked out. He saw still Khushi was in the living room. He made sure she noticed him. He stood in the middle of the staircase, pressing his head. Of course, as he expected, Khushi was horrified. Arnav acted like losing his balance and was about to fall down.

"Arnavjiiiiiii..." Khushi rushed to him forgetting everything.

Arnav was hundred percent sure that the voice that echoed in his mind was Khushi's. But why her voice was echoing in his head? Was she there when somebody hit him? But how did she know his name at that time? He didn't get anything.

Composing himself, Arnav got down the stairs swaying as if he could not stand straight. Khushi gripped his shoulder and made him lean on her.

"Arnavji, what happened to you? Are you alright? Hey Devi Maiya..." She made him sit on the couch and rushed to the water jug. There was no water in the jug. She rushed to the kitchen. Arnav sensed something under his thigh. He removed it and it was a MOBILE. He was about to keep it down, the mobile got unlocked with his FINGERPRINT. He frowned with confusion. Whose mobile was that? He locked the mobile and was about to unlock it again, he heard Khushi's footsteps. He leaned on the couch, closed his eyes, and kept the mobile down.

Khushi sprinkled water on his face. Arnav opened his eyes slowly. She made him drink water and Arnav didn't deny it. He drank all the way looking at Khushi.

"Are you alright?" she asked worriedly.

Arnav nodded yes. He saw relief in her face. He stood up from the couch.

"Arnavji, please sit for a while..."

"That's ok..." he walked upstairs slowly.

He sensed Khushi following him.

"What?"

She nodded no.

"Why are you following me?"

"You are not feeling well"

"So?"

"Just making sure you have reached your room safely"

"Why are you worrying for me?"

Khushi got stuck.

"Just thought to help you"

"I don't want your help. I will go"

She stood hesitatingly.

"Go"

"You too go Arnavji"

"Going"

Coming inside the room, Arnav closed the door. Khushi huffed in relief and left the place.

But Arnav lost his peace completely. Who was this girl? Why did she become worried seeing him swaying? So what if he fell down? the way she held him... the way she made him lean on her shoulder... the way she cared for him... everything confused him. And, whose mobile was that? How did it unlock with his fingerprint? He was getting mad.

Night

That day went full of thoughts and confusion for Arnav. He didn't get any sleep that night but toasted on the bed. He took the water jug and it was empty. Taking it, he came out of the room not making a noise. After drinking water, he filled the jug and walked back to his room. He stopped seeing a dim light in the Grill Gate room.

"What light is that?" murmuring within, Arnav moved towards the room with slow steps.

He frowned seeing Khushi in the room. She was sitting in the corner, looking at her mobile. She was crying. He could see that through the mobile light. He felt heaviness in his heart seeing her tears. But why was she crying? she scrolled the mobile and suddenly she smiled. The very next second she cried again, hugging the phone close to her chest. Though Arnav could not understand anything he didn't feel good. Don't know why. He intentionally stood there to know what did she do when she saw him. She circled her knees and buried her face in them.

"Khushiiiii" Arnav called her in a very low tone.

Khushi jerked and looked here and there wiping her face with her shawl. As Arnav was stranding at the darkest place, she could not find him. She sighed wearily keeping her palm on her face. She thought it was her imagination.

"Khushiiii" Arnav again called her.

Khushi stood up from the floor and turned the mobile torch on. She raised her mobile and saw Arnav standing, looking at her. She pulled down her hand immediately as she became nervous. Arnav might question her. She didn't know what question he would ask. Wiping her face, she came out.

She sensed Arnav's strong gaze on her. Arnav was observing her whether she would talk to him or not.

"Arnavji... don't you sleep?"

"I too want to ask you the same question Khushi"

"I didn't get sleep... that's why..."

Cutting her,

"Crying?"

"Crying? me? No... not at all" she tried to manage.

"I saw you crying," He said sternly.

"Oh... that one? Something went to my eyes..."

Arnav frowned. Why did she lie? Maybe, it was about her personal problem. He walked to his room. Khushi was standing there until he went inside his room. She bit her lip to control her sob and rushed to Lavanya's room. She stayed in Lavanya's room that day as she promised.

The next morning

Everyone was shocked, seeing Arnav who was in a three-piece suit. He was fully ready to go somewhere. His eyes were observing Khushi's face who was more shocked than anyone.

"Chotte, where are you going?" Nani asked.

"I'm going to AR Nani"

"Whaaat? But you said you will be at home until the Pooja?" Anjali asked.

"Yes, Di... just for an hour... I can't be sitting at home"

"Why are you doing this Chotte? Your head is hurt. You have to be resting"

"I will be back in an hour, Di"

"But what necessary?"

"I want to let the world know that I'm still alive," Arnav said.

Anjali sighed.

"But you can do that after two days too"

"I have already lost six months, Di. Don't know in what condition AR is"

"Aman is there, Chotte"

"I'm also here..."

It seemed Arnav was not ready to listen to anyone.

"Please don't drive the car. Take driver with you"

"Di, please stop overreacting... I'm alright"

Khushi wanted to say *But you felt dizzy last evening* but she didn't know how Arnav would react to it. what if he got angry? so, she kept silent.

"Will you give me breakfast or not?" Arnav asked.

Taking a bowl, Khushi served him pancakes. Seeing pancakes, Arnav raised his eyes and looked at her who was looking at his plate. He ate it and it tasted exactly like a pancake. It would not have tasted like that if it had been prepared by HP. He saw HP coming with a juice jar.

"Hari Prakash..." he called.

"Jee"

"Pancakes are fantastic," Arnav said.

"Khushiji, Pancakes are fantastic" HP repeated.

Arnav looked at him.

"She is the one who prepared it" HP left the place.

Khushi spilled a smile.

"I wonder... how are you guys letting a guest cook at our home?" he asked.

"She is bored, Chotte. that's why" Anjali said.

"Khushi is one among us... we think as that only" Nani said.

"Thank you for the pancakes Khushi," Arnav said.

Khushi nodded her head slightly.

"You too sit and eat. You can cook if you are bored. It doesn't mean, you should serve"

Khushi sat gulping down. Arnav left the place. Anjali dialed Aman and told him that Arnav was coming to AR. Aman got alert and ready to welcome Arnav.

Arnav drove the car towards AR. He pressed the break as the signal changed into RED. He sighed irritatingly as the signal timing showed 85 seconds.

"It seems everything changed. This signal timing was only 45 seconds six months ago..." Arnav thought.

That was when a car stopped next to his. The man in the passenger seat of the next car lowered his car window and waved his hand at Arnav. Arnav looked at him plainly.

"How are you HERO?" he asked.

Arnav looked behind and then at the man with confusion.

"I'm asking you only," the man said.

"Me?"

"Yeah... have you forgotten me?"

Arnav didn't know who the man was.

"We met in TAJ MAHAL," the man said excitedly making Arnav more confused.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 2.8K 25
Couples: Swasan, Abhiya and Arshi Cover credits: @SamairaRajput Swara Gadodia, a girl who is strong to the world but very insecure at heart. She is a...
78.3K 2.5K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
67.8K 3.7K 11
Story of The Great Business tycoon Arnav Singh raizada who use to smoke and drink and Orphan girl Khushi Gupta who hates smoker. Due to some situatio...
64.2K 2.3K 14
Completed! This is a short story of about 10-15 chapter. Khushi and arnav are happily married, arnav is from poor family and khushi from rich family...