HEARTSTRINGS (Completed)

By NiranjanaNepol

Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him... More

1 Patient
2 The Book
3 Blazing eyes
4 Trapped
5 The Warrior
6 Unexpected Turn
7 Difference
8 Request
9 One Condition
10 Yes...
11 About ASR
12 Sold Out
13 Wedding
14 Shocking Khushi
15 Snake in the Grass
17 Khushi is ready
18 Trick
19 Improvement
20 The Task
21 The First Change
22 Born Nature
23 The Biggest change
24 Questioning Arnav
25 Aranv Vs Arnav
26 Collision
27 Cuteness overloaded
28 Arnav was in Temple
29 Return of the Evil
30 Checkmate to the Doctor
31 Aman's Outburst
32 Is ASR back?
33 Arnav in RM
34 What's in Arnav's mind?
35 How different!
36 Doubt over Doubt
37 The Voice
38 Connecting Dots...
39 Khushi's concern
40 Brother and Sister
41 The Truth
42 Question arrows
43 Contradiction
44 The Phone
45 Wife
46 About Swamiji
47 The Recordings
48 Coincidence
49 The First Step
50 About Khushi
51 Regretting Arnav
52 one + one = one
53 Plan Backfired
54 Why?
55 YOU...
56 Unpredictable
57 Sweating Shyam
58 What if?
59 A step ahead
60 The First Day...
61 Discussion
62 Who are you?
63 Aggressive Arnav
64 Tough to Understand
65 The Loyal Servant
66 Shyam's Effort
67 The hug from Arnav
68 The Ritual
69 The Phone call
70 The First Night
71 Anjali's Doubt
72 Anjali is in Action
73 The Truth
74 Anjali's Decision
75 Life-Taking Pain
76 The News
77 Turn of Events
78 Arrest Warrant
79 Shocking News
80 Gratitude
81 Swaraj is released
82 Punishment
83 Treatment for Anjali
84 What's in Khushi's Mind?
85 Gestures
86 Last Part
87 Epilogue

16 Finger Print

5.1K 305 40
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 16 Finger Print (Longest Update)

As Khushi expected, Anjali came up with a mobile. She knocked on her room door. Khushi opened it.

"May I come in?" Anjali smiled at her.

"This is your house... you do need my permission to enter this room"

"No, Khushi, this is Arnav Sigh Raizada's room. No one dares to enter this room excluding his wife"

Anjali extended the mobile box.

"This is for you"

Though Khushi felt relieved as she needed a mobile to contact Meena and the doctor she didn't accept it right away because she didn't want Anjali to get suspicious anyway.

"Why do I need this, Anjaliji? I hardly talk to anyone. You know very well that I don't have anyone to call me from my family"

"But you can call your friend, Meena. Maybe, it's not necessary for you now. But it will be useful for you to search for something on Google"

Khushi knew what Anjali mentioned as SOMETHING. It was about searching on Google about mental illness. After that, Khushi didn't deny it.

"Thank you" she took it from her hand.

"The sim card also inserted already. This is your Adhar card" she gave it back.

Khushi nodded ok.

"Sign on this bank documents, Khushiji"

Taking the papers, Khushi signed them.

"Don't you read it?" Anjali asked.

"I have nothing on my name... so, there is nothing to lose also... then why do I read it?"

"This should be the last document you are signing without reading, Khushiji because from tomorrow onwards, you can't say you have nothing on your name" Anjali left the room smilingly.

Khushi stood with a frown on her beautiful face. She didn't know in which meaning Anjali said that. She huffed in relief, looking at the iPhone that was in her hand. She dialed Meena's number. She attended it in the last ring.

"Who is this?"

"Meenu, this is Khushi"

"Khushi, whose number is this?"

"Mine... Anjaliji gave me it. You are the first person I'm calling"

"That's great. What's the problem? Tell me now"

"Anjaliji's husband is not a nice person as I thought. He is the root cause of Arnavji's condition."

"What do you mean?"

"He is keeping him in this state using some medicine"

Khushi explained everything to Meena that happened in RM.

"I can't believe this, Khushi"

"I too can't. I want your help, Meenu. Please ask the doctor whether we can treat Arnavji without bringing him to Tamilnadu"

"I think it will not give progress"

"No problem...I want to change the treatment that gives us hope"

"Yeah, you are right something is better than nothing"

"No, Meenu, something is better than worsening," Khushi said worriedly.

"Ok... I will talk to him and tell him about Arnav Bhai. Will you talk to him if he wants?"

"Of course, I'm ready... I have the sample of Arnavji's medicine too. I will give it to the lab test and find the contents of the medicine"

"Wait. Don't do it right away. Send it to the doctor. They will do it on their own"

"Ok... please don't talk to Lavanya about this"

"Ok"

"I don't know whom to trust in this house. Be it as a secret."

"But, how could you do this alone without anyone's help?"

"I don't know... I got into this life ALONE... came to Raizada Mansion ALONE... let me try ALONE"

"But, he is a mental patient, Khushi. handling him alone will not be easy"

"I want to talk to the doctor first. After that only I can decide"

"Ok... I will call my Chacha and ask for the doctor's appointment"

"Thank you, Meena"

"I won't accept your thanks. I want a treat after Arnav Bhai's recovery"

Khushi smiled.

"Sure..."

They disconnected the call.

Evening

Khushi brought tea to everyone and served it.

"Why are you doing this, Khushiji?" Anjali asked.

"I like tea prepared by me. I don't want to prepare it for only myself. That's why I prepare it for you too."

"Hari Prakash would have been nervous as you had taken his job" Shyam laughed.

"I gave him a cup of tea to lessen his nervousness" Khushi sipped the tea smilingly.

"Excellent, tea..." Shyam said.

"Yes, Khushi bitiya, the tea is simply superb," Nani said.

That's when they heard a calling bell sound. Lavanya rushed to open the door. She smiled brightly, seeing Aman.

"Hi..." Aman smiled.

"Hi..." Lavanya smiled.

Aman got in and walked towards Raizadas. He handed a bank passbook to Anjali and sat with them.

"Khushiji, he is Aman, Chotte's friend" Anjali introduced him to Khushi.

"Namaste" Khushi said joining her hands.

"Hello, Khushi," Aman said.

Khushi smiled mildly.

"I'm glad you married to ASR. I hope we will see our ASR back" Aman said.

Khushi's eyes automatically observed Shyam's expression which changed immediately. That was not gone unnoticed by Aman. He frowned. Why did Khushi look at Shyam for leaving everyone behind?

"Jeejaji is already taking care of him. I don't think I can do much more than that" Khushi said looking at Shyam from the corner of her eyes.

Anjali and Nani were disappointed as usual but Shyam's face lightened. That made Aman suspicious. What did Khushi know about Shyam that she was trusting him to this extent? He thought.

"I will bring you tea" Khushi stood as she didn't want to praise Shyam more.

Khushi went to the kitchen.

"How is ASR?" Aman asked.

"As usual... no improvement" Nani sighed.

Shyam was silent.

"I will come, seeing him" Aman walked to Arnav's room.

Khushi saw him going to Arnav's room. She followed him with the teacup. Aman stood, seeing Arnav laying on the bed, looking at the roof blankly. Aman could not see his face as he was facing the opposite side of Aman. Khushi forwarded the cup to him.

"Thank you," Aman said taking it from her.

Khushi smiled and looked at Arnav.

"It seems Shyam sowed a TRUST seed in you..."

Khushi looked at him jolting. She managed herself.

"Who knows about him very well other than you? You guys are always together, right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean Jeejaji is the one who took over AR, right?"

"No... Shyam never interfered in AR's matter. It's Anjali who manages AR from home. She is doing it on the behalf of ASR."

"That means is still everything on Arnavji's name?"

"Yes... Anjali has not changed anything..."

Khushi became thoughtful. If Shyam had not taken over anything then, why didn't he want Arnav's recovery?

"What happened, Khushi?"

Khushi nodded her head left to right.

"I think Arnavji is sleeping"

"No, he won't sleep. In fact, he doesn't sleep at the night too"

"Is it?" Khushi wondered.

"Yeah... Lavanya said many times, that he always makes weird sounds at the night"

Khushi raised her brows.

"But, how could anyone be without sleeping?"

"Don't you know he is abnormal?"

Khushi again nodded thoughtfully. She left the place silently. She didn't find Shyam in the living room.

Anjali handed her the bank passbook.

"Keep it Khushij"

Khushi opened the book and found a few lakhs had been deposited in her account.

"It's not necessary Anjaliji"

"No, Khushiji, I don't want you to lack money. Keep it even though you don't want it"

"You have already given one crore to my mother"

"It's different... I know you didn't get money from your mother for yourself. Use it. You can download a mobile App for the online transactions"

Khushi's eyes lit. How did she miss thinking of it? She needed money for Arnav's treatment. She was thinking of selling her jewel for it. Now she didn't have to do it.

"Thank you," Khushi said.

Anjali left smilingly.

Khushi was thinking about what Aman said. She waited without sleeping. After making sure that everyone slept, she came to Arnav's room. She saw him roaming here and there. Arnav didn't see Khushi as she was standing in the dark. There was no sleepy symptom on his face. His eyes sparkled freshly. Won't he really sleep in the night too? How could he always look energetic? Was that also the effect of the medicine? She went back to her room to think about it.

The next morning

Khushi came out of the room finishing the bath. She stopped and smiled at Lavanya who was on call.

"I will talk to you later" Lavanya disconnected the call and came to Khushi.

"When is our result?" Khushi started talking casually.

"Next month I suppose," Lavanya said.

"Oh... Lavi, who opens Arnavji's room door?"

"Are you talking about the fingerprint?"

"Yes..."

"Jeejaji is the one who handles Bhai's room"

"Oh... but what if it's an emergency? What will you do if Arnavji gets hurt when Jeejaji is not at home?"

Lavanya got stuck as they didn't face such a situation ever.

"You were unable to open the door when I got stuck in his room that day. You could have saved me if you also have the control of his room right?." Khushi said.

"The gate has only one fingerprint stored in it"

"Then it must be HPji's fingerprint because he is the one who is always at home... right?"

Lavanya nodded yes thoughtfully.

"I just said..." Khushi left the place. She knew Anjali was listening to their talks.

*Let's see, what's Anjali's step in this matter* Khushi thought.

Anjali went to her room and saw Shyam was checking a file.

"Shyamji, come with me"

"Where, Rani Sahiba?"

"Just come with me"

He walked with her frowning.

"Hari Prakash, call Khushiji" Anjali said.

HP rushed to Khushi's room. Lavanya also followed them to know why Anjali called Khushi. Anjali came to Arnav's room confused Shyam. Arnav saw them. In no time, he ran to the door and tried to catch them through the gap in the grill.

"Why do you bring me here, Rani Sahiba?"

"Remove your fingerprint from the gate"

"Whaaaat?" But why?"

"Chotte is married... he has a wife. Let her take care of Chotte"

"Rani Sahiba, I think you are not in your sense"

"I'm in my full sense. You are not at home all the time. What will we do at the time of emergency?"

"I will come home leaving all my work behind if you call me"

"No need. You just concentrate on your work. Change the finger Print. We don't have to wait for you if we register Khushi's fingerprint"

"Whaaaat? Khushi's fingerprint?"

"Yes... if we had registered HP's fingerprint instead of yours, he would have saved Khushi the other day. we could have avoided many things"

Shyam gulped down.

"But, he is a dangerous man... see, how wildly he is behaving"

They saw Khushi coming. That's it... Arnav's facial expression changed. He pulled his hand back and hid behind the wall"

Anjali gestured to Shyam,

*SEE...*

Shyam was thunder stuck. What happened to Arnav? Why did he hide seeing Khushi?

"Chotte gets controlled seeing Khushi. That's why I asked you to change the fingerprint"

"But, Rani Sahiba..."

"Just do it, Shyamji," she said not wanting to listen to him.

Shyam sighed not showing his irritation. He removed his fingerprint and asked to press Khushi's fingerprint on the sensor.

"Me?" Khushi asked as if she didn't expect that.

"Yes, Khushiji... you are the right person to have the responsibility of this room's control"

"But..." Khushi hesitated.

"Please Khushiji, do it for me"

Taking her hand, Anjali pressed her thumb finger on the sensor and registered Khushi's fingerprint.

"You are the right person to have the control of Chotte's room, Khushiji," Anjali said.

Khushi nodded ok without any expression on her face but smirked inwardly.

Arnav's room came under Khushi's control. Very soon, Arnav also will...

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...
12.9K 745 17
Arnav Singh Raizada a rich, shrewd, arrogant and rude businessman of Delhi who thinks all women are gold diggers until one day, he met a bubbly girl...
186K 7.4K 26
Hey guys It's KAVYANJALI08 Di's work I am only posting it here with her consent Gustakh dil, dil mein mushqil... Mushqil mein dil oh... Gustakh d...
27.9K 1.4K 5
πŸ”–Highest rank #202(5/4/17) in Short Story πŸ”–#335 in romance(11/5/17)πŸ‘ˆ We heard many people say,"Love is blind" Is it really blind? Can it possible...