𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 | 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖒...

By kitkatgram

She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slum... More

salvation
prologue
act 1. back from the dead
i. run, badger, run
ii. his little phoenix
iii. the descendants
iv. back to hogwarts
v. the courage to let go
vi. sir sorting hat
vii. the bloody quill
viii. a dallas choice
ix. uncle aberforth
x. defense against umbridge
xi. ron the keeper
xii. reunited with rubeus
xiii. the day of the phoenix
xiv. tears of fawkes
xv. empty your mind
xvi. warmth in winter
xvii. the quibbler effect
xviii. the flight of the dumbledores
xix. seeing through illusions
xx. the prophecy of the heirs
act 2. pain from the memories
xxi. meet the dursleys
xxii. the old potioneer
xxiii. weasleys' wizard wheezes
xxiv. encounters
xxv. the welcoming feast
xxvi. potions masters
xxvii. ogden and the gaunts
xxviii. tryouts for teams
xxix. truths and secrets
xxx. albus and tom
xxxi. quidditch and gits
xxxii. hurting revelations
xxxiii. the slug club party
xxxiv. sacred blood
xxxv. the minister's plea
xxxvi. a tampered memory
xxxvii. poisoned mead
xxxviii. the payment of refusal
xxxix. a sneaky badger
xl. splitting the soul
xli. a boy's troubles
xlii. cave of curses
xliii. attack of the mark
xliv. the rage of the phoenix
xlv. goodbye, dumbledore
act 3. warmth from the heart
xlvi. the aftermath of the breakup
xlvii. 7 potters and a dumbledore
xlviii. persisting feelings
xlix. his final will
l. love lingers
li. a wrong landing
lii. captain wolf
liii. sir gellert
liv. fate now known
lv. onto the next journey
lvi. holding on
lvii. the deathly hallows
lviii. potterwatch
lix. captured and tortured
lx. the strong muggleborn
lxi. the risky robbery
lxii. the dumbledores' secrets
lxiii. the army's bravery
lxiv. snape's dismissal
lxv. the lost diadem
lxvii. harry the horcrux
lxviii. the fulfillment of the prophecies
lxix. choices and prices
lxx. an otter's grief
lxxi. farewell, hogwarts
lxxii. rise from the ashes
epilogue

lxvi. the tragic fates

1.5K 103 56
By kitkatgram

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The only sound that filled the silence was the sound of Deanna's cries that she was trying to hold back. The trio of Gryffindors glanced at her sadly, knowing it must have been hard for her. Snape killed her father, but she still tried to save him, only to see the professor die in front of her. She still felt sorry for him even after everything. In the end, Deanna still was too kind to even hate the person she should have hated the most.

"You have fought valiantly but in vain."

Suddenly then, Deanna felt her head ache again and curled in on herself at the immense pain she felt, holding her bloody hand to her head. She saw Harry holding onto the window for support and Hermione holding her hands to her ears while Ron was walking around, trying to see if Voldemort was there. Deanna knew then he was not just speaking to her and Harry. He was speaking to everyone.

"I do not wish this." The Heir of Slytherin continued speaking. "Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat."

Deanna wasn't surprised anymore, remembering what he and Snape were talking about a while ago. He was waiting for her and Harry to come to him.

"Come on, Dee."

Casting a last glance at Snape's body, Deanna felt herself being helped up by Ron and the two of them along with Harry and Hermione went out to see Hogwarts burning and wrecked. It did not look like the home they once had.

"In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity." Voldemort said before his tone turned dangerous as he addressed Harry and Deanna. "Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me. And you, Deanna Dumbledore. Wait for me, dear badger. I'm coming for you."

He stopped there, and Deanna could feel the pain in her head lighten a little. It was still there, but it became better. They all looked to Harry who was staring straight ahead. He let out a sigh before looking at them. "Let's go."

"How about..." Ron trailed off, referring to Snape's body.

Harry wordlessly brought out his wand and cast a blanket over his old Professor's body, still holding on to the flask of Snape's tears. "We'll come back for him."

Without another word, they started walking up the long staircase. Deanna was still leaning onto Ron for support for she could still feel the pain in her head. Maybe, it was because Voldemort was getting weaker with every Horcrux destroyed. That was why she was also hurting more.

They were nearing the end. They had only Nagini left to kill. Deanna remembered what she saw then. Harry and Voldemort facing each other off and her hugging Fawkes before the two of them burnt together. Once Harry weakened Voldemort enough, it was her time to shine... or burn.

As they got closer to Hogwarts, there was complete silence. The Death Eaters must have really retreated. There were fires everywhere, wreckage all around them. The castle was once Hogwarts was now in ruins. There was nobody in sight when they arrived. They could only see chaos, left behind by the war.

"Where is everybody?" Hermione asked. The four of them glanced at each other before they continued walking towards the castle. Ron pushed open the doors to the Great Hall where they had set up headquarters. The Great Hall was dark and filled with wizards and witches. Rubble was at the Entrance, showing visible signs that battles happened here. None of them though paid attention to the four, some were too tired to even know what was happening. Some were crying over the loss of their loved ones. Some were just chatting with the others, trying to take their minds off what just happened.

Deanna sent a small smile at Ron, letting him know she was alright. Ron squeezed Deanna's body before he let her go but still stayed close in case something happened. They moved around the rubble and entered the Great Hall. Ron went first, followed by Hermione then Harry. Deanna took a deep breath before she followed after Harry, readying herself for what she might see.

"Deanna." Slughorn called out to her while he was healing Filch's wound.

"Professor. Sir Filch." Deanna nodded in their direction before she continued on. The impact of the battle was visible on the appearance of their fellow wizards who had dirt and blood and cuts all over them from fighting. There were a few bodies on the ground, covered by blankets and cloth that made Deanna swallow the lump in her throat. They lost a lot of lives.

Deanna stopped when she saw Molly holding onto a familiar body. Fred. The Dumbledore felt herself tear up, hearing the cries of the Weasleys and seeing Ron hug George tight before kneeling down beside Fred and letting his tears fall. Ron cried his heart out and held onto Fred's body while Molly caressed his and Fred's hair, trying to comfort her son and trying to comfort herself as well.

Deanna bent her head down and tried calming herself down, but every cry from Ron's mouth was heart-wrenching. Fred was a good friend... a great friend. He didn't deserve to go so early. Then, Deanna looked to the other side and saw Harry hugging the weeping Sirius and Hermione hugging the sobbing Tonks. She finally saw the two bodies at the floor. Remus and Ria. They who had been so kind and so brave had laid down their lives to save their loved ones. So many have died to fight for the greater good.

The Dumbledore let out a sigh and she was about to go to Harry, remembering Snape's tears when she heard the familiar cry of Ginny. She looked in the direction of the sound, and her eyes widened when she recognized the body that was lying there with a lot of people crowding around it. The students from Dumbledore's Army, Minerva and Pomona were there. Even Pansy, Daphne, Theo and Blaise were there around the body with sad looks on their faces.

Deanna felt like her heart was being stomped on, the one who had already gone through so much and fought bravely despite everything that happened in her life. The Hufflepuff who was kind to all Houses and was the cause for Hogwarts to be united after such a long time. Jemina Nightingale who had sacrificed so much to keep the fire burning was dead, her fire extinguished.

"Everything is connected. They say the people we love who have passed on are in each of those stars, twinkling and smiling down at us."

Jemina once told her that, and she was now a star in the sky. She recklessly risked everything, even her life. Why did Deanna even agree to Jemina's promise in the first place? Why did Deanna ever think Voldemort would spare Jemina and her family? Why did Deanna even have the little bit of hope that there was still good left in Voldemort? Deanna never felt so foolish in her entire life. Jemina's death, no matter what anyone would say, was her fault.

"I should never have let you come back." Deanna mumbled to herself, wiping the tear that escaped her eye before she turned back around and exited the Great Hall, making Harry, Hermione and Minerva who was about to go towards her worried.

"I'll go after her, don't worry." Harry told Hermione who nodded with a grateful smile. He hugged Sirius tight and whispered in his ear. "I'm so sorry, Sirius."

With that, he sent a comforting smile at Sirius who smiled back weakly and nodded before Harry went after Deanna. He was about to call out to the Hufflepuff but kept silent when he saw her looking down. He silently walked after her, keeping a distance but making sure she was in his field of view. He already knew anyways where she was going by the time they reached the third floor and saw the familiar gargoyle.

"It's been a long time, Sir."

The gargoyle moved at once and spoke once Deanna entered. "It's good to see you, Miss."

Deanna stood still when she entered, closing her eyes. Harry finally arrived in front of the gargoyle, and he was about to speak to it when he heard a sob. A sob came from Deanna who slid down the wall and buried her face in her arms. Harry smiled sadly at that before he sat down and leaned on the wall, listening to Deanna's cries while letting her know she was not alone.

Fred. Remus. Ria. Even Snape. Jemina. How many more needed to die for this war to end? How many more lives would have to be taken for them to finally have the triumph they all fought for so desperately? Deanna could only cry for their souls because she couldn't do anything to protect them. She could only cry and say sorry for they had to sacrifice themselves for the damned greater good. She hated even hearing those words now. The damned greater good that made them lose so many people. That damned greater good...

Deanna calmed down after a few minutes of crying her heart out. At least, she got to let out her emotions. She wiped away her remaining tears and cleared her throat, knowing from the beginning that Harry was there. "Sir, please let Harry in."

"As you wish, Miss Deanna." The gargoyle spoke before it moved aside to let Harry in.

The Boy Who Lived smiled at Deanna and patted her on the shoulder. "Let's go?"

"Let's." Deanna answered with a smile before the two of them walked up the long staircase and into the Headmaster's office. It felt completely different from before. The portraits were all empty, and the artifacts and possessions of her father were still there. Nothing changed much from how it looked, but the absence of Albus Dumbledore turned the office gloomy.

Deanna and Harry made their way towards where the Pensieve was hidden. Harry picked it up and gently threw it, the Pensieve slowly stopping in the middle of the room right in front of Albus' table. The two of them made their way to the basin. Harry emptied the contents of the flask into the Pensieve before he pocketed it and glanced at Deanna. The two of them nodded at each other as they dove in.

In a moment, the black ink from the tears turned into two figures. Two girls who were standing in the middle of the field. The one with red hair opened her palm and a small daisy grew from it. The one with brown hair stared at her sister before slapping her palm. "FREAK!"

Lily Evans ran away from her sister and towards a huge tree, hurt at what she just said. But Petunia Evans chased after her with a glare in her eyes. "Come here. You're a freak! I'm gonna tell Mummy. You're a freak. You're a freak, Lily!"

Suddenly then, a young boy who looked as old as Lily came from inside the tree. Lily only glanced at him when she noticed his presence while Petunia was clearly afraid of him before she ran back away towards home. Severus Snape picked up a leaf from the ground and made it fly towards Lily who caught it and smiled at her friend who smiled back. The two children moved to their favorite spot by the lake and lay down side by side on the grass near the waters.

"She's jealous because she's ordinary and you're special."

"That's mean, Severus."

Lily reprimanded her friend before the boy smiled apologetically, and that was enough for Lily as she watched Snape do magic in awe and make the leaves fly like birds. The laughter of the two echoed around them as the scene changed to Hogwarts. First year Lily Potter was sitting on the stool with the Sorting Hat on her head.

"Gryffindor!"

Lily sent a comforting smile at Snape who looked a little sad that he wasn't in the same house as her before she sat down at her table and watched as he was announced in...

"Slytherin!"

The scene changed and showed Lily and Snape walking side by side while holding their books before someone ran in between them, pushing them aside. Snape picked up the books he was holding for Lily and stood up, him and his best friend glaring at James Potter and Sirius Black who even had the guts to smirk at them. Lily only glared at him while taking her books from Severus.

Their surroundings faded and then, they were at the Black Lake... The Marauders sat together under the beech tree when they suddenly saw Snape. In a second, James hoisted Snape up into the air and taunted him.

Deanna glanced at Harry who kept his distance, knowing what already happened. She squeezed his hand comfortingly, not moving closer to hear what was happening. The boy squeezed back, thanking her for her comfort. There was no valid excuse for what he had done, but he was still his father. Harry loved his father dearly.

Soon, Lily Potter came and defended Snape, but then...

"Filthy little Mudblood!" came from Snape's mouth.

After that, the scene changed once more.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not interested."

"I'm sorry!"

"Save your breath."

It was nighttime. Lily, who was wearing a dressing gown, stood with her arms folded in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady, at the entrance to Gryffindor Tower. "I only came out because Mary told me you were threatening to sleep here."

"I was. I would have done. I never meant to call you Mudblood, it just – "

"Slipped out?" There was no pity in Lily's voice. "It's too late. I've made excuses for you for years. None of my friends can understand why I even talk to you. You and your precious little Death Eater friends – you see, you don't even deny it! You don't even deny that's what you're all aiming to be! You can't wait to join You-Know-Who, can you?"

He opened his mouth, but closed it without speaking.

"I can't pretend anymore. You've chosen your way, I've chosen mine."

"No – listen, I didn't mean – "

" – to call me Mudblood? But you call everyone of my birth Mudblood, Severus. Why should I be any different?"

Snape struggled on the verge of speech, but with a contemptuous look, she turned and climbed back through the portrait hole... Afterwards, they saw James and Lily kissing and dancing happily together when they got married... Then...

"Severus."

"No. Don't kill me." Snape pleaded when he saw a blue light in front of him then the light disappeared.

"The prophecy did not refer to a woman." Deanna's eyes widened when she saw her father behind Snape. She missed him dearly everyday. "It spoke of a boy born at the end of July."

"Yes, but he thinks it's her son." Snape turned to face him, begging Albus to save them. "He intends to hunt them down now, to kill them. Hide her. Hide them all. I beg you."

"What will you give me in exchange, Severus?" asked Albus, coming closer to the Snape.

"Anything." Severus Snape answered without hesitation.

Then, they were suddenly at Godric's Hollow...

"Harry. Harry, you are so loved. So loved."

Harry's breath hitched beside her, and she held his hand when she saw Lily Potter speaking softly to the baby Harry who was crying. This was the day Harry became the Boy Who Lived... Deanna looked at Lily Potter. Her eyes were strikingly similar to Harry's. The same kind green eyes.

"Harry, Mama loves you. Dada loves you. Harry, be safe. Be strong."

"Avada Kedavra!"

Lily Potter who was standing in between Harry and Voldemort was struck with the green light and fell back, dead as she saved her son. Deanna felt Harry's hold on her hand tighten and squeezed it once more in a reassuring manner. Then, they were back in the Headmaster's office. Albus was at the windows, holding onto the pillars while Snape was standing behind him.

"You said you would keep her safe."

"Lily and James put their faith in the wrong person, Severus." Albus explained to him, and Deanna remembered Pettigrew, the one who served Voldemort. "Rather like you."

Snape looked rather upset, tears flowing down his cheeks. Albus turned back to look at him and spoke in a soft voice. "The boy survives."

"He doesn't need protection. The Dark Lord is gone." Snape snapped at him.

"The Dark Lord will return. And when he does, the boy will be in terrible danger." Albus said in a calm and firm tone. He saw Snape looking down and spoke in a soft voice again. "He has her eyes. If you truly loved her..."

That made Snape look at him, and he pointed his finger at Albus. "No one can know."

"That I should never reveal the best of you, Severus?"

"Your word."

Albus' and Snape's voices echoed away as they saw Snape in front of the Potters' house at Godric's Hollow before they were back at Hogwarts... Harry was announced Gryffindor with the entire table erupting in cheers at having Potter in their house while Snape was staring at him curiously.

"When you risk your life every day to protect the boy?"

"He possesses no measurable talent, his arrogance rivals that of his father... and he seems to relish his fame."

"Don't say a word against my father." Harry's voice echoed from when he was having his Occlumency lessons with Snape.

"James Potter? Lazy, arrogant."

"My father was a great man."

"Your father was a swine!"

Snape was slowly walking into the Potter cottage where James Potter laid on the stairs, his eyes blank and lifeless from trying to save his family. They saw a hand trying to wear the Gaunt ring before it fell to the ground, spinning and then, there was Snape holding Albus' hand that was cursed by the ring. This time, it was Harry who squeezed Deanna's hand in comfort, letting him know he was there for her too.

"Drink the rest." Snape said while examining Albus' hand that looked dead. "It will contain the curse to your hand for the time being. It will spread, Albus."

"How long?" Albus asked while setting down the goblet he was drinking from.

"Maybe a year." Snape answered.

Albus smiled. "I am fortunate, extremely fortunate, that I have you, Severus. I at least have a year left to live with my daughter."

"If you had only summoned me a little earlier, I might have been able to do more, buy you more time!" said Snape furiously before he stood up.

"Don't ignore me, Severus." Albus said, stopping Snape in his tracks.

"We both know Lord Voldemort has ordered the Malfoy boy to murder me." Albus said that made Snape turn back towards him. "But should he fail, one should presume the Dark Lord will turn to you. You must be the one to kill me, Severus."

Deanna let out a shaky breath at that, feeling Harry hold her hand a little tighter. He told Snape to kill him? As twisted as it seemed, Deanna understood it. Her father did have a complicated mind, and her own was just as complicated as his. He told Snape to kill him because he was dying anyways and because...

"It is the only way." Albus continued. "Only then will the Dark Lord trust you completely. And when Hogwarts falls in his grasp, I have your word that you will do all in your power to protect the students at Hogwarts?"

Snape gave a stiff nod. Then, they were back at the Astronomy Tower where Snape coldly looked Albus in the eyes to avoid being suspected and cast the spell. "Avada Kedavra."

Albus fell gently to his death... And Deanna finally saw Snape's face. She never saw how he looked when he killed her father. He looked regretful. Deanna's heart hurt at the thought that she said so many painful words to Snape who was only acting on her father's orders. She regretted saying everything she said.

"There will come a time when Harry Potter must be told something." Albus suddenly said that made both Deanna and Harry look towards him. He stood up and looked at Snape. "But you must wait until Voldemort is at his most vulnerable."

"Must be told what?"

"On the night Lord Voldemort went to Godric's Hollow to kill Harry and Lily Potter cast herself between them, the curse rebounded. When that happened, a part of Voldemort's soul, latched itself onto the only living thing it could find: Harry himself."

Voldemort cast the spell on Lily Potter, and then, they saw another green light before a new lighting scar had formed on Harry Potter's forehead. However, Deanna focused on the last words her father said and looked at Harry whose eyes were wide in shock. She knew they were thinking of the same thing then and she wrapped an arm around her friend.

"There's a reason Harry can speak with snakes. There's a reason he can look into Lord Voldemort's mind. A part of Voldemort lives inside him."

Harry was a Horcrux. How ironic was it... The Boy Who Lived and the Girl Who Came Back from the Dead had to die to save the world. So, Deanna only smiled bitterly and hugged Harry who hugged her back thankfully. It was a good thing Deanna was there for he did not know how to process this information. He had to die. He was going to die.

"So when the time comes, the boy must die?" Snape asked in a calm voice, but the look in his eyes was filled with confusion and a hint of frustration.

Albus stared at him for a moment before nodding and speaking quietly. "Yes, yes. He must die."

Snape was slowly making his way towards the room at the far end. He entered and fell to his knees when he saw Lily Potter on the ground, dead. It was too late. The anguished man started crying while the little Harry with a lightning scar on his head cried as he stared at his unmoving mother. Snape crawled towards Lily and held her body close while he cried his heart out, his love for Lily being the only thing that kept him going.

"You've kept him alive so that he can die at the proper moment." Snape told Albus coldly, his anger rising with every word he said. "You've been raising him like a pig for slaughter. Well, I shouldn't be surprised, should I? It's not the worst you've done. You're willing to even let your daughter die for what? For the wizarding world to be saved?"

Deanna couldn't help but agree with what Snape said. Her father, even if it was for the good, was wrong with what he did to Harry. She knew he cared for him more than a professor would care for his student. She knew he thought of Harry like his own son, but why did he not say anything about Harry's possible end?

But as her mind worked in complex ways like her father's, she somehow understood. She remembered Grindelwald's words. He was concerned of her safety and happiness... That was why he did not tell her. It was the same with Harry.

The Hufflepuff could feel Harry staring at her from her side and only smiled. "Later, Harry. Later."

Albus stared at him blankly before asking. "Don't tell me now that you've grown to care for the boy?"

Snape stared back at him with an unreadable expression before he whipped out his wand and cast the spell. "Expecto Patronum."

A silver doe came out of his wand and galloped around the room before exiting through the window, making their eyes widen. They remembered there was a silver doe that Harry saw back at the frozen lake. It was Snape who brought the sword to them?

Albus looked as shocked as they were and spoke softly. "Lily. After all this time?"

Deanna was suddenly reminded of how Snape held Lily when he found her dead... After all this time, it was his love for Lily Potter that caused him to make the decisions he made.

"Always." Snape spoke in a voice filled with the emotions of longing and sadness.

They were back in the Forest of Dean. The silver doe that Harry saw back at the frozen lake. It confirmed their thoughts that it was Snape indeed who brought them the sword.

"So when the time comes, the boy must die?"

"Yes. He must die." Albus nodded gravely. "And Voldemort himself must do it. That is essential. Afterwards, when all the Horcruxes are done, my daughter... Deanna will have to burn to become the salvation."

After that, Deanna and Harry felt themselves rising up. The memories ended there and the two of them raised their heads from the Pensieve and stared at each other, silent for a few moments.

"You're going to die." Harry spoke in a trembling voice, his entire body shaking from the information he just took in. He was going to die, Deanna was going to die. Dumbledore didn't tell him any of this. He felt mixed emotions with everything he felt and knew.

"And so are you." Deanna remarked in a soft voice before smiling sadly at Harry. "I'm sorry about that by the way. You deserved to live longer, Harry."

"Can you be serious, Deanna?" Harry raised his voice in anger at how nonchalant she was about her own death. "Why are you so calm? Why do you look like it doesn't matter? Did Dumbledore tell you... that you were going to die?"

"No. I found out from Sir Gellert." Deanna answered, and she saw Harry's face contort in frustration and anger at that. He was more angry for Deanna than for himself.

"Why?" Harry yelled out furiously. "Why didn't he tell you? Why would he let you sacrifice your life when you are his daughter? I could understand what he did to me. I was just his student who turned out to be special. But you... How could he do that to you?"

Deanna saw Harry's eyes shining with tears for the both of them and the sacrifices they needed to make. She walked around the Pensieve to stand right in front of him and smiled gently. "You weren't just a student who turned out to be special. You were someone special to him. Believe me. My father kept a lot of secrets from me, but I am the person who knows him best. I know he cared for you... As for why he kept it from us, it was because of love, Harry. He loved us."

"If he loved us, why did he not tell us about what was going to happen?" Harry scoffed at the thought.

"If you knew Noah was going to die to save the world, would you be able to tell him?" Deanna suddenly asked. Harry opened his mouth to answer but found no words coming out. He imagined being in that situation, and he couldn't... He didn't think he could say it to Noah.

He looked away from Deanna who smiled once more before she held Harry's hand. "See what I mean? When you love someone, you find yourself unable to tell them the truth when you know it may bring them misery or pain. To us, fools who love, truth becomes trivial when compared to happiness. We care too much about our loved ones' happiness to tell them the truth that may hurt them and disturb their peace of mind."

Harry could only look down, knowing she was right. Dumbledore, despite all his secrets and questionable actions, was still a good man who cared for them. As much as he hated to admit, he truly did love them.

"But still... I'd like to apologize." Deanna suddenly bowed, her body making a 90 degree angle.

"Deanna – "

"For what you have to suffer... For my father who caused you pain, I apologize." Deanna cut him off, still bowing to show her sincerity and regret to Harry. "What he did was still wrong. I have no excuses for what he had done. So, let me apologize instead."

Harry's eyes softened at that. After hearing everything, he did not have anything against Dumbledore anymore. Much more now that Deanna apologized for her father. He slowly pushed Deanna's shoulders back to make her stand straight again then he pulled the Hufflepuff in his arms, letting his tears fall. He felt so sorry for Deanna.

She was too kind to the point that she would apologize for the things she did not do. She was too kind to suffer from everything that she had gone through. Life had never been easy to her from the moment Voldemort killed Myrtle, and now, she was going to be rid of the life that she was supposed to enjoy. She was going to die at 17. Harry didn't cry when he saw the dead bodies of his friends a while ago, but knowing Deanna's fate, he couldn't help but cry it all out.

"I'm... I'm so sorry. Why did it have to be you, Deanna?"

Deanna hugged Harry back and smiled. She accepted her destiny a long time ago. But Harry just found out now. She felt deeply sorry for him who had to go and sacrifice himself right after this. "I am sorry too, Harry. I'd like to ask you the same, but we both know the answer. This is the cruel and twisted destiny that was laid out for us. We have to die to save. But no matter how much want to live, we would still choose to sacrifice ourselves. Don't tell me I'm wrong, Harry Potter."

"Yeah, you're right." Harry let out a shaky chuckle and nodded. The two of them stood there in the middle of the office, holding each other and giving each other the comfort they desperately needed. They were both going to die today anyways. At least, they had each other to lean on. The two of them who were connected through Voldemort made a connection with each other. A connection that they would cherish as they passed on.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"You've done so well."

"You too, Dee, you've done so well." Harry squeezed her and grinned. "You may hear yourself being called a phoenix a lot, but... You're a badger through and through. Kind and loyal but really boisterous. And hey, why didn't you tell me you were going to get me up like that back in Gringotts?"

Deanna laughed loudly at that. "You are a lion, you are, Harry. Brave and audacious. And one who holds grudges."

The two of them shared genuine laughs at that as if they weren't going to die today. Well, they were going to die and they accepted that. So, they wanted to spend the last few moments of their lives happily. Soon, the happiness had died down and the hour was almost up. They knew it was time.

"Let's go?" Harry asked Deanna.

Deanna was about to agree when she caught sight of the Headmaster's table, remembering the last Headmaster of Hogwarts. She suddenly faced the table and bowed once more, surprising Harry at her action. "Professor Snape... Headmaster. I am sorry. For everything."

She did not elaborate any further, but Harry already knew what she was trying to say. She was sorry for what he had gone through from the hard choices he needed to make to the hatred he had gotten from everybody. She was sorry for the pain she and her father caused him.

Deanna was surprised when she saw Harry bow down from beside her. Harry knew he and Snape had their ups and downs due to Snape's ill relationship with his father. His father was one of the reasons why Snape lived the way he did. So, Harry did what Deanna had done. "I'm sorry for everything, Professor Snape. For my father and myself."

The two of them bowed there to show their sincere apologies to the Headmaster who passed on. They apologized for their fathers who had wronged Snape at some point and after a while, they got back up and sent smiles at each other. Finally, they left the Headmaster's office with the weight of the entire world on their shoulders but a little peace in their minds.

But before they went down the stairs, Harry suddenly remembered something. "Deanna..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to tell Hermione?"

Harry's question made Deanna stop in her tracks before she smiled at him coyly. "Are you going to tell Noah?"

That made Harry groan out of frustration. These were the moments you could really see Deanna was her father's daughter. "Fine, you win. I give up."

Deanna let out a chuckle before she smiled and spoke wistfully. "Back then when Pops died, it broke me to lose her... to part with her, but I needed to protect her. Then, we saw each other in Godric's Hollow and I... I didn't want to live with regrets. I didn't want to leave her with her last memory of us breaking up. I wanted to leave her with memories that would bring her warmth on days she'd feel cold, happiness on days she'd feel sad and love on days she'd feel lonely."

"Hermione Granger is warmth to me, Harry." Deanna said in a voice filled with tenderness. "I don't want her to lose that warmth just because I'm gone. Even if it means we'll be hurting more in the end because we loved each other too much, even if I'm being too selfish, I want to love her and let her feel that until I turn into ashes."

Harry smiled and nodded in understanding before he held Deanna's hand. "I understand, Dee. I feel the same for Noah. So, can I ask you a favor?"

"Anything, Harry."

"When I die... can you tell him I'm sorry and I loved him deeply? That even if I'm gone, I'll be with him. Always." Harry confessed with all the feelings he had for Noah. His time was limited, he wouldn't be able to tell him in time. So, as cowardly as he may be to not say those words directly to his face, he hoped Noah would still feel the sincerity of his feelings and that he would be alright one day.

Deanna nodded immediately and patted Harry's hand reassuringly, telling him Noah knew how much Harry loved him. "Of course."

The two saviors of the Wizarding World smiled at each other. They were two teenagers who still wanted to live and be with the people they loved. But their time was up, their run was done. It was time for them to finally face their fates and do what they were meant to do.

To sacrifice themselves.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 532 92
💥 a better version of the other potter 💥 lots of romance 💥 funny 💥 highs and lows 💥 tough times 💥 mature contents
28.3K 386 24
(Temporarily Discontinued) Hermione Granger had enough. When she dies saving the wizarding world in The Battle Of Hogwarts, she wants a second chance...
9K 233 17
Regulus Black was expecting a daughter before he was killed. Her mother no one knows what happened to her. The daughter herself has been in Azkaban s...
16.3K 538 20
When Janet Lupin travels back in time to prevent the effects of the Wizarding war in the future, saving the countless lives the war has taken and try...