𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 | 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖒...

By kitkatgram

She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slum... More

salvation
prologue
act 1. back from the dead
i. run, badger, run
ii. his little phoenix
iii. the descendants
iv. back to hogwarts
v. the courage to let go
vi. sir sorting hat
vii. the bloody quill
viii. a dallas choice
ix. uncle aberforth
x. defense against umbridge
xi. ron the keeper
xii. reunited with rubeus
xiii. the day of the phoenix
xiv. tears of fawkes
xv. empty your mind
xvi. warmth in winter
xvii. the quibbler effect
xviii. the flight of the dumbledores
xix. seeing through illusions
xx. the prophecy of the heirs
act 2. pain from the memories
xxi. meet the dursleys
xxii. the old potioneer
xxiii. weasleys' wizard wheezes
xxiv. encounters
xxv. the welcoming feast
xxvi. potions masters
xxvii. ogden and the gaunts
xxviii. tryouts for teams
xxix. truths and secrets
xxx. albus and tom
xxxi. quidditch and gits
xxxii. hurting revelations
xxxiii. the slug club party
xxxiv. sacred blood
xxxv. the minister's plea
xxxvi. a tampered memory
xxxvii. poisoned mead
xxxviii. the payment of refusal
xxxix. a sneaky badger
xl. splitting the soul
xli. a boy's troubles
xlii. cave of curses
xliii. attack of the mark
xliv. the rage of the phoenix
xlv. goodbye, dumbledore
act 3. warmth from the heart
xlvi. the aftermath of the breakup
xlviii. persisting feelings
xlix. his final will
l. love lingers
li. a wrong landing
lii. captain wolf
liii. sir gellert
liv. fate now known
lv. onto the next journey
lvi. holding on
lvii. the deathly hallows
lviii. potterwatch
lix. captured and tortured
lx. the strong muggleborn
lxi. the risky robbery
lxii. the dumbledores' secrets
lxiii. the army's bravery
lxiv. snape's dismissal
lxv. the lost diadem
lxvi. the tragic fates
lxvii. harry the horcrux
lxviii. the fulfillment of the prophecies
lxix. choices and prices
lxx. an otter's grief
lxxi. farewell, hogwarts
lxxii. rise from the ashes
epilogue

xlvii. 7 potters and a dumbledore

2K 117 7
By kitkatgram

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Uncle Ab, Aunt Ari." Deanna said in surprise when she opened the door. "Come in."

"No, it's fine. We won't be too long, love." Ariana said in her portrait that Aberforth was holding. "How have you been?"

"I've been well. How about you two?" Deanna asked with a small smile, feeling happy to see them before she would leave.

"We've been well, little Ari." Aberforth stroked her hair. "Are you ready for your journey?"

"I am now, Uncle Ab." Deanna hugged him and Ariana, smiling genuinely. She let out a sigh of contentment. "Thank you for coming to see me."

"We love you, Dee." Ariana said through the building tears in her eyes. "We love you so much."

"I love you both too." Deanna cleared her throat and blinked back her tears. They never knew if they could meet each other again after this, and just the thought of this being the last time they'd see each other pained Deanna so much. She pulled away and smiled at them once more. "Take care, Uncle Ab. Aunt Ari."

"Take care, love." Aberforth kissed her on the forehead and smiled at Fawkes who let out a cry in greeting. Aberforth and Ariana smiled at Deanna one more time before they left the house and closed the door. Deanna stared at the door for a few moments, wiping away the tears in her eyes. This was not goodbye, she convinced herself. It was just see you again.

Deanna stood up and checked her bag if everything was ready. She left her stuff in Hogwarts in the closet and only brought a few clothes, her father's traveling cloak, her purple socks with cookies and milk on them, the phoenix necklace she got from Hermione, some of her father's books and a photo album with her pictures with others. Her wand was tucked into her pocket (Moody would be furious if he found out).

Moody sent a letter that the Order would be picking Deanna up in order to keep her safe. At first, she declined, but when she heard her father told Moody to do it, she did not have any choice but to agree.

Deanna hesitantly turned the phoenix necklace over in her hands before she finally decided to wear it, hiding it under her shirt. She may not admit it to anyone else, not even her uncle and aunt, but she was in love with Hermione Granger and that necklace was the only thing she had left of her.

A knock on the door snapped Deanna back to reality, and she gave her room one last look before she went down with her bag. Fawkes was there, waiting for her with a tilted head. Deanna stroked his feathers before she opened the door.

"Alastor." Deanna nodded to Moody and let him in.

"Nice place, Deanna." Moody's magical eye moved around, looking at the house.

"Thank you, Alastor." Deanna smiled at him.

Alastor eyed the wand that was sticking out of her pocket. "Do you want to lose a buttock? Don't put your wand there."

Deanna was about to say something when he held out something to her. "Put it here."

Deanna stared at the wand holster for a moment before taking it. "Thank you." She quickly wore the wand holster and put her wand in it. "Where are we going anyways?"

"We're going to meet the others at Potter's house. You can fly well, right?" Moody held out the broom to her.

"Definitely." Deanna accepted it with a smile. "Can I do something first?" Moody gave her a nod and Deanna pressed her forehead to Fawkes's. "Go and do what you want for a while. When I call, please come."

Fawkes gave a cry before he flew out of the house, leaving Deanna and Moody watching him go. Deanna looked around with a smile before looking back at Moody. "Let's go? I haven't been out for a while."

Moody let out a laugh before he tapped Deanna with his wand. She felt a cold sensation wash over her and realized Moody cast the Disillusionment charm on her.

"Come on then. Just follow me." Deanna nodded though Moody could not see her. She mounted her broom and flew after Moody. Deanna didn't know how much she missed flying until now. It felt refreshing after locking herself up for weeks. She needed it so much, and she knew she wouldn't go back but Deanna wondered if she could play Quidditch again. She would miss it much.

Moody made a dive and Deanna followed after him. Soon, they landed in front of 4 Privet Drive where Dumbledore and Deanna visited Harry a year ago. Figures started popping up from around them, and Deanna felt the charm being lifted off her.

"Let's go, Deanna." Moody gave her a light push towards the group. Their faces lit up at the sight of Deanna, but Moody raised a hand up right away. "Not out here. Get in first."

Deanna was about to follow after him when her eyes met with someone's. Her heart started beating hard against her chest, and she couldn't bring herself to look away because there was Hermione Granger, staring back at her. As beautiful as ever.

But Deanna felt her heart break. There was something missing in Hermione's eyes. They looked empty. She felt guilty at the thought that she caused that pain to Hermione, but she knew she couldn't go back to her. Not when she could put her in danger. Deanna looked away first and followed after Moody to greet her friends.

"Hermione?" Ron asked in a worried voice.

Hermione was stuck to her spot, still staring at Deanna's back, her heart beating faster at it was the first time they saw each other since their break-up. All summer, she wondered if Deanna was eating well or sleeping well or if the Hufflepuff was happy at all but seeing her there without fire in her eyes made Hermione feel like someone crushed her heart. Deanna Dumbledore was not fine.

"Yeah, come on." Hermione faked a smile and she and Ron went in to meet Harry. Hermione gave Harry a hug and Ron clapped him on his back.

"Hey, Dee." Harry greeted and gave her a tight hug.

"Harry." Deanna greeted back pleasantly before she was greeted by the others who greeted her just as enthusiastically.

"Dumbledore Jr." Sirius hugged her tight. "It's been too long."

"Indeed, Sirius." Deanna gave a laugh and when he pulled away, she gave Remus a hug this time. "How've you been, Remus?"

"I have a loving husband, so I'm good all the time." Remus winked at her which made them laugh again.

Hermione was staring at Deanna who was now talking with the twins and Hagrid. Harry and Ron exchanged glances. They knew that Deanna broke up with Hermione, but they couldn't understand why when they could see how Deanna looked at Hermione with love. There must be something.

Hagrid said, "All righ', Harry? Ready fer the off?"

"Definitely," said Harry, beaming around at them all. "But I wasn't expecting this many of you!"

"Change of plan," growled Moody, who was now holding two enormous, bulging sacks, and whose magical eye was spinning rapidly. "Let's get undercover before we talk you through it."

Harry led them all back into the kitchen where they settled. Deanna sat with Tonks and Ria while Harry talked with the others.

"Hey, Deanna." Tonks suddenly called her while Ria was smiling at her lover with the same softness Deanna had whenever she looked at Hermione.

"Yeah?"

In response, Tonks and Ria raised their hands in unison. Deanna looked at their hands with confusion for a moment before she let out a gasp. "You got married?"

"We're sorry you couldn't be there." Ria held hands with Tonks. "It was very quiet, Deanna."

"But finally." Deanna smiled widely at them. She felt a little envious seeing them together but she quickly pushed that away, feeling happy for the two who have been waiting for so long. "Congratulations."

"All right, all right, we'll have time for a cozy catch-up later!" roared Moody, and silence fell in the kitchen.

Moody dropped his sacks at his feet and turned to them. "As Dedalus probably told you, Potter, we had to abandon Plan A. Pius Thicknesse has gone over, which gives us a big problem. He's made it an imprisonable offense to connect this house to the Floo Network, place a Portkey here, or Apparate in or out. All done in the name of your protection, to prevent You-Know-Who getting in at you. Absolutely pointless, seeing as your mother's charm does that already. What he's really done is to stop you getting out of here safely.

"Second problem: You're underage, which means you've still got the Trace on you."

"I don't —"

"The Trace, Potter, the Trace!" said Moody impatiently. "The charm that detects magical activity around under-seventeens, the way the Ministry finds out about underage magic! If you, or anyone around you, casts a spell to get you out of here, Thicknesse is going to know about it, and so will the Death Eaters.

"We can't wait for the Trace to break, because the moment you turn seventeen you'll lose all the protection your mother gave you. In short: Pius Thicknesse thinks he's got you cornered good and proper."

Moody looked at Deanna this time but before he could say anything, Deanna gave him a nod, telling him she understood. She could not use magic until November 11 and she was in for a hard journey. But she was going to get through it. No matter what. Moody gave a small smile and nodded back. He didn't have to worry at all. This was Deanna Dumbledore.

"So what are we going to do?" asked Deanna.

"We're going to use the only means of transport left to us, the only ones the Trace can't detect, because we don't need to cast spells to use them: brooms, thestrals, and Hagrid's motorbike."

"Now, your mother's charm will only break under two conditions: when you come of age, or you no longer call this place home. You and your aunt and uncle are going your separate ways tonight, in the full understanding that you're never going to live together again, correct?"

Harry nodded.

"So this time, when you leave, there'll be no going back, and the charm will break the moment you get outside its range. We're choosing to break it early, because the alternative is waiting for You-Know-Who to come and seize you the moment you turn seventeen.

"The one thing we've got on our side is that You-Know-Who doesn't know we're moving you tonight. We've leaked a fake trail to the Ministry: They think you're not leaving until the thirtieth. However, this is You-Know-Who we're dealing with, so we can't just rely on him getting the date wrong; he's bound to have a couple of Death Eaters patrolling the skies in this general area, just in case. So, we've given a dozen different houses every protection we can throw at them. They all look like they could be the place we're going to hide you, they've all got some connection with the Order: my house, Kingsley's place, Molly's Auntie Muriel's — you get the idea."

"Yeah," said Harry.

"You'll be going to Tonks's parents. Once you're within the boundaries of the protective enchantments we've put on their house, you'll be able to use a Portkey to the Burrow. Any questions?"

"Er — yes," said Harry. "Maybe they won't know which of the twelve secure houses I'm heading for at first, but won't it be sort of obvious once seventeen of us fly off toward Tonks's parents'?"

"Ah," said Moody, "I forgot to mention the key point. Seventeen of us won't be flying to Tonks's parents'. There will be seven Harry Potters, moving through the skies tonight, each of them with a companion, each pair heading for a different safe house. They wouldn't dare touch Deanna so she'll be safe."

From inside his cloak, Moody now withdrew a flask of what looked like mud.

"No!" Harry said loudly, his voice ringing through the kitchen. "No way!"

"I told them you'd take it like this," said Hermione with a hint of complacency.

"If you think I'm going to let six people risk their lives — !"

"— because it's the first time for all of us," said Ron.

"This is different, pretending to be me —"

"Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry," said Fred earnestly. "Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever."

Harry did not smile. "You can't do it if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some hair."

"Well, that's that plan scuppered," said George. "Obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate."

"Yeah, sixteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic; we've got no chance," said Fred.

"Funny," said Harry, "really amusing."

"If it has to come to force, then it will," growled Moody, his magical eye now quivering a little in its socket as he glared at Harry. "Everyone here's overage, Potter, and they're all prepared to take the risk."

Mundungus shrugged and grimaced; the magical eye swerved sideways to glare at him out of the side of Moody's head.

"Let's have no more arguments. Time's wearing on. I want a few of your hairs, boy, now."

"But this is mad, there's no need —"

"No need!" snarled Moody. "With You-Know-Who out there and half the Ministry on his side? Potter, if we're lucky he'll have swallowed the fake bait and he'll be planning to ambush you on the thirtieth, but he'd be mad not to have a Death Eater or two keeping an eye out, it's what I'd do. They might not be able to get at you or this house while your mother's charm holds, but it's about to break and they know the rough position of the place. Our only chance is to use decoys. Even You-Know-Who can't split himself into seven."

Harry and Deanna glanced at each other at that.

"So, Potter — some of your hair, if you please."

Harry looked around for help but none of them were planning to help him. They knew what was meant to be done.

"Now!" barked Moody. Harry reached up to the top of his head, grabbed a hank of hair, and pulled.

"Good," said Moody, limping forward as he pulled the stopper out of the flask of potion. "Straight in here, if you please."

Harry dropped the hair into the mudlike liquid. The moment it made contact with its surface, the potion began to froth and smoke, then, all at once, it turned a clear, bright gold.

"Ooh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry," said Hermione. Deanna's eyes widened at that which Hermione caught sight of. She blushed slightly before saying, "Oh, you know what I mean — Goyle's potion looked like bogies."

"Right then, fake Potters line up over here, please," said Moody. Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Fleur lined up in front of him. Deanna frowned when she saw Hermione with them, thinking it was too dangerous.

"You don't have to worry, Deanna." Sirius who noticed her whispered. "We'll take care of her." Deanna blushed at being caught before smiling at him in gratitude.

"We're one short," said Remus.

"Here," said Hagrid gruffly, and he lifted Mundungus by the scruff of the neck.

"I've toldjer, I'd sooner be a protector," said Mundungus.

"Shut it," growled Moody. "As I've already told you, you spineless worm, any Death Eaters we run into will be aiming to capture Potter, not kill him. Dumbledore always said You-Know-Who would want to finish Potter in person. It'll be the protectors who have got the most to worry about, the Death Eaters'll want to kill them."

Mundungus did not look particularly reassured, but Moody was already pulling half a dozen eggcup-sized glasses from inside his cloak, which he handed out, before pouring a little Polyjuice Potion into each one. "Altogether, then..."

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Fleur, and Mundungus drank. All of them gasped and grimaced as the potion hit their throats: At once, their features began to bubble and distort like hot wax. Moody, quite unconcerned, was now loosening the ties of the large sacks he had brought with him. When he straightened up again, there were six Harry Potters gasping and panting in front of him.

Deanna was stealing glances at Hermione who was looking at her strange self. She couldn't help but smile. Even if she turned to other people, Deanna could still see the Hermione Granger in her.

Fred and George turned to each other and said together, "Wow — we're identical!"

"I dunno, though, I think I'm still better-looking," said Fred.

"Bah," said Fleur, checking herself, "Bill, don't look at me — I'm 'ideous."

"Those whose clothes are a bit roomy, I've got smaller here," said Moody, indicating the first sack, "and vice versa. Don't forget the glasses, there's six pairs in the side pocket. And when you're dressed, there's luggage in the other sack. Deanna, can we talk to you for a bit?"

Deanna was surprised at his sudden request before nodding and following Moody and the members of the Order into the living room. "What is it, Alastor?"

"You're going to be flying on your own, Deanna." Moody told her calmly. Protests came from all of the people there except for Deanna and Moody. Deanna simply stared at Moody, the glances they shared were enough for them to understand what each of them was thinking.

Deanna simply held a hand up, and they all fell silent at once. "Alastor is right. I need to fly alone." She smiled at them reassuringly. "I can count on you all to have my back, can't I?"

"That goes without question, Dee." Hagrid answered with a big smile. "We'll be there for yeh, don't worry."

"So, that's it. Now get out of here, I need a moment with Deanna." Moody said in a gruff voice. "Go with the Potters you're matched up with." Nods came from the people around them and soon, Deanna and Moody were left alone.

"Ria and Tonks will be flying together so don't worry. They'll be watching over you." Moody explained to her. When she gave a nod in response, he smiled softly and squeezed her shoulder. "You really are just like Albus."

Deanna looked at him in surprise, but Moody continued on. "Listen well, Deanna. The reason why you're flying alone is because I know what you're planning. You're not going back to Hogwarts. And I don't think you're going with Potter, Granger and Weasley."

"How did you know?" asked Deanna in a whisper.

"Albus told me about it," said Moody with a bit of sadness in his tone. "You need to be strong in these times. Don't trust anyone and stay close with Fawkes. It will be a long journey as you can't Apparate, but just follow the signs. You'll get there."

"Thank you, Alastor." Deanna smiled widely at him. No matter how brave she tried to act, there was still that anxiety in her. What if she made a mistake and Voldemort found her? Or what if he tortured her aunt and uncle in exchange of her whereabouts? Deanna had so much fears in her, but this talk with Moody made her feel a little better.

Moody patted her on the back before going back into the kitchen with Deanna behind him. "We're all paired up then. Good."

Hermione stole a glance at Deanna and wondered what the rest of the Order talked about with her. She just hoped nothing bad was going to happen to her. Deanna already went through too much. Deanna saw that Hermione was with Kingsley and wondered if she would be on a broom when Hermione didn't like it. Hopefully, she'd be on a thestral.

"We think the Death Eaters will expect you to be on a broom, Potter," said Moody. "Snape's had plenty of time to tell them everything about you he's never mentioned before, so if we do run into any Death Eaters, we're betting they'll choose one of the Potters who look at home on a broomstick.

"All right then," he went on, tying up the sack with the fake Potters' clothes in it and leading the way back to the door, "I make it three minutes until we're supposed to leave. No point locking the back door, it won't keep the Death Eaters out when they come looking... Come on..."

Deanna joined the others in the dark back garden, and Deanna felt jealous of the others who were using magic to get their broomsticks. She picked up her own and smiled softly when she saw Hermione was already on a great black thestral.

"Take care of my bike and my godson, Hagrid." Sirius winked at him as he sat in front of Ron on a broomstick.

Deanna let out a chuckle at the sight of Harry in the sidecar, earning a glare from the Boy Who Lived. Harry frowned though when he noticed Deanna was mounting a broom by herself. "Wait a minute. Is Deanna flying alone?"

His sudden question made all heads turn towards them and protests rose once more when they saw he was right. Deanna let out a sigh before speaking in a calm and commanding voice. "I can handle it, don't worry."

All noise stopped then, but they couldn't deny that they were all still worried for Deanna. She was Voldemort's ultimate goal and she was flying alone. It would make it easier for Death Eaters to get to her.

Hermione was staring at Deanna with worry clear in her eyes when Deanna's eyes suddenly locked with hers and to Hermione's surprise, Deanna smiled a small smile. Hermione thought she imagined it, but when she blinked and saw Deanna looking away, she knew it really happened. It calmed Hermione's heart a bit and she knew Deanna was going to be fine.

"All right then," said Moody. "Everyone ready, please; I want us all to leave at exactly the same time or the whole point of the diversion's lost." Everybody mounted their brooms.

"We'll be with you, Deanna," said Tonks in a reassuring tone. Deanna sent her a smile before she got ready, the wand tucked into her wand holster around her arm was waiting to be used.

"Good luck, everyone," shouted Moody. "See you all in about an hour at the Burrow. On the count of three. One... two... THREE." Deanna gave a kick and she soared up into the sky. They climbed higher into the sky and then out of nowhere, they were surrounded.

At least thirty hooded figures, suspended in midair, formed a vast circle in the midst of which the Order members had risen, oblivious — Screams, a blaze of green light on every side.

"Damn it! Dora, hold tight." Ria cursed loudly.

Deanna held on tight to her broomstick and she whipped out her wand in the direction of Death Eaters around Ria and Tonks. "Ignis Rugiet!" A blast of red lit up the sky and made the Death Eaters fly away.

"Thanks, Deanna." Tonks quickly yelled while sending a hex at one of the Death Eaters who was about to take Deanna. Deanna knew she was supposed to arrive at the Burrow in an hour, but she caught sight of someone having a hard time and she didn't care anymore.

"Stupefy!" Deanna yelled, her spell making a Death Eater fly away from Hermione and Kingsley.

Hermione looked behind her and her eyes widened to see Deanna there. "Deanna, what are you –"

"Flammarum!" Deanna cut her off, casting a shield around the three of them from an attack.

"Deanna, you should get on your way." Kingsley said in his deep voice. "Thank you for your help and don't worry. I'll take care of Miss Granger for you." Deanna couldn't help but blush, especially since Hermione was staring at her so intently.

"Please, take care." Deanna said with pleading in her tone, staring into Hermione's eyes. Hermione was surprised by the warmth in the Hufflepuff's eyes, the memory of Deanna's cold eyes that day finally leaving her.

"You too." Hermione whispered in reply. Deanna gave her a smile before she sped past them, throwing spells at whoever she could throw spells at. Hermione watched her go with a wide smile before she too threw spells at the Death Eaters surrounding them.

"Deanna, where have you been?" Ria asked in worry when they had a little break, hiding in the clouds. "You should go to the Burrow now."

"I'm not leaving you two here." Deanna replied firmly. "We're going to stick together and get to the Burrow together."

The couple exchanged glances before they both sighed and nodded, knowing Deanna was too stubborn to give in. The three of them smiled at each other before they dove back into the bottle, throwing spells here and there.

But a chilling voice from behind her made her stop. "Finally, the badger comes out of her hiding spot."

Deanna clenched her fists around her broomstick and her wand before turning around. "And I see the snake knows when to shed his skin and show himself."

Voldemort let out a laugh at that and smirked at Deanna. "Still got the fire in you?"

"It never died." Deanna raised her wand and yelled. "Auriflam!"

"Virdilux!"

The golden flame met the green acid once more as it had done a year ago during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. Deanna and Voldemort stared each other down with the same intensity but different emotions. One with longing and love and the other with rage and hatred.

"Deanna!" Tonks shouted but she gave a gasp when she saw who Deanna was dueling with. Deanna realized they needed to go so she raised her wand to break the spell.

Voldemort was about to send another curse at her when one of his Death Eaters came towards them. "My Lord, we've found Potter!" Voldemort nodded at him and smiled wickedly at Deanna. "Until next time, badger." And with that, he Disapparated out of sight.

Deanna breathed heavily because of her nerves. Did they really find Harry? She started flying back towards the battle when Ria pulled her back. "Deanna, don't. We have to go. Now."

"They might be tricking us, Deanna." Tonks tried to explain to Deanna so they could go. Deanna looked at them, they both had cuts on their faces and she hesitated before making her decision.

"We lose Harry, we lose this war." Deanna said in a firm voice. "Go without me. I can make my way back." She shrugged off their hands and flew back the way they came, ignoring their shouts.

Deanna caught sight of Bill and Fleur being chased by some Death Eaters so she cast a fireball in their direction.

"Deanna, what are you doing here?" Bill exclaimed. "You should've gone on first."

"Where's Harry?" Deanna asked right away. "Did Voldemort get him? Did he –"

"Calm down, Deanna." Fleur said calmly in Harry's voice. "He already got past us. Voldemort's after Mad-Eye and Dung."

Deanna let out a sigh of relief at that and she nodded. But before she could say something, there were Death Eaters around them again. Deanna cursed under her breath before throwing her spells. "Ignis Rugiet! Auriflam!"

"Obcidolens!" Someone shouted from behind them and the green light hit Deanna right in the back. She held her hand holding her wand to her mouth where blood was rapidly coming out.

"Deanna!" Fleur shouted and she and Bill tried flying towards her but there were too many Death Eaters around them. Deanna looked behind her shakily and saw it was Bellatrix who cast the spell.

Bellatrix was grinning at her. "As the Dark Lord thought, you'd really come running if you thought that filthy half-blood was in danger. This is the end for you, Deanna Dumbledore. You can't sneak away from us, little badger."

"Never." Deanna muttered while tightening her grip on her broom. She raised her voice and glared at Bellatrix, wiping away the blood that trickled down her chin. "I'm never giving up to you or that arse."

The grin was wiped off Bellatrix's face and she raised her wand once more before Deanna could even react. "Obcidolens!"

Deanna closed her eyes and raised her wand arm, hoping she'd somehow be alive after this, but she was surprised when she heard a grunt from in front of her and her eyes fluttered open. Deanna let out a gasp when she saw it was Moody in front of her, blood coming out of his mouth like Deanna's.

"Alastor." Deanna croaked out. Why did he have to do that?

"Mad-Eye!" Mundungus said in a panicked voice, sitting behind Moody.

"Do what you need to do." Moody squeezed Deanna's bloody hand with his own. "It's a hard path you have, but... But promise me, you'll make the right choice in the end."

"I promise." Deanna said through the tears in her eyes, a single tear falling from her eye and mixing with her blood. "I'll make the choice for the greater good, no matter what."

Moody smiled widely at her, the widest smile she ever saw from him. She couldn't understand why though. It wasn't the end yet. He wasn't going to die. No one was. As Moody told them, they'd be coming back with all of them alive. But Moody knew it was his end because right behind Deanna, Voldemort Apparated with a cold smile.

Their plan worked. They lured Deanna right into the trap and she would be coming with them. Finally, Voldemort would have everything he wanted. Mundungus Fletcher gave a gasp and Disapparated immediately, making Deanna shocked.

"Avada Kedavra!" A spell was casted right behind Deanna, hitting Moody in the face. Deanna's eyes widened and she reached a hand out for Moody, but it was too late. As if time slowed, Moody had already fallen off his broom and into the darkness. Unlike how she knew Alastor Moody, he died too quickly. It reminded her of how her father died, he too was defenseless then and he also died to protect her.

"Oh well, didn't think that old crook would go down that easily." Voldemort laughed loudly behind Deanna, snapping her back to reality and making her blood boil in anger. Why? Why did he have to take every single person that mattered to her? Why was it so hard for him to let her be?

Voldemort reached a hand out to her shoulder. "Come on – Argh!" As soon as Voldemort's hand made contact with Deanna, he was burnt. Deanna's body was emitting an angry warmth that meant to burn everything in its path. He met eyes with Deanna and saw her blue eyes, glowing gold.

"Ignis Rugiet!" Deanna took advantage of his momentary distraction and threw the biggest fireball she could make. The force of it was so strong that it made Voldemort, Bellatrix and the Death Eaters fly a few meters back.

Voldemort's eyes widened at the power and anger of his first love. Some of his Death Eaters were about to charge when he held a hand up. "That's enough for today. We got one of them, and that's enough." The Death Eaters simply bowed to him before they all Disapparated away, Voldemort looking around one last time and just hoping that Deanna was alright.

The spell took its own toll on Deanna. It was too strong for her in that weakened state. Slowly and acceptingly, Deanna surrendered to the darkness. Her hand letting go of her broom and she herself slowly falling down. Before she completely fainted, she could hear Moody's last words in her mind and the wide smile he gave after.

"It's a hard path you have, but... But promise me, you'll make the right choice in the end."

A tear slipped out of Deanna's eye. 'I promise. To you and to Pops.'

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.5K 69
(I recommend you don't read unless you want to cringe) this is the story of emily black. her choices, her love, father, deaths, friends, life after H...
6.7K 268 94
After being betrayed by the people she thought she could trust, Raya Black is left alone to raise her son, while her husband Sirius, is in Azkaban. O...
285K 9.2K 70
𝘈𝘥𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴... 𝘪𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...
305K 8.6K 42
In which a Weasley falls in love with the daughter of a supposedly wanted mass murderer. "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢�...