STUBBORN HEARTS

Par sufnic

A first attempt at expressing my imagination. It is a story about a young aspiring politician and a headstro... Plus

Introduction
🤵👰
😄 And we are Progressing
1. Characters (Edited)
2. Handsome Street goon (edited)
3. Beauty without brain (Edited)
4. The unwanted visit (Edited)
5.B'day surprise and lunch(Edited)
6. Dare you!! Mr. Rajveer (Edited)
7. Exams can't judge my excellence (Edited)
8. I am impressed! (Edited)
9. A Promising leader (Edited)
10. At your service (Edited)
11. She's y😍ur biggest fan (edited)
12. Mr. hotshot CM gets pranked??
13. Wedding vibes
14. Shopping spree and a shocking spree
15. Settling the thoughts
16. Marriage, who?
17. How to keep your husband interested?
18. Best friends forever
19. The Most Awaited Night
20. Getting closer
21. Intoxicated at Holi
22. Pre Wedding Rituals
23. The Wedding
24. The announcement
25. Life back home
26. Action packed Date
27. Heartfelt talks
28. Unannounced Visitors
29. Father isn't in the picture
31. Main Viah nahi krona tere nal
32. Seal the Deal
33. Come, Find me.
34. The Action begins
35. The Action continues
36. The devil's lair
38. Just like that
39. Just do it
40. Hospital visit
41. Night at Hospital
42.Sweetheart?
43. Stupid or Childish ?
Bonus: Sidelines
45. Angry and New
46. Brand New Beginnings
49. Trial marriage husband

30. Narrow Escape

122 20 20
Par sufnic

Prayers for Ukraine.
Let us start by pressing the ⭐ down there.

#_#

Navneet's pov:

After collecting the order and paying the required amount, i made my way towards the exit of the place with a drooling smile on my face and stars in my eyes looking at the sweet delicacy in my hands.

As soon as I stepped out my blood boiled at the scene in front of my eyes. I could see back of a man who was clearly intending to harass Mani. Her constant struggles and pleading eyes didn't go unnoticed by me.

She didn't know many people in this city and was talking to him in low voice, so it was very much clear he had something to do with the troubles Mani was facing. Silently i made my way over to get a proper hold over the situation.

People were looking and passing as if dignity of a woman didn't matter enough for them. But unlike them i wasn't going to stand aside and let her handle it alone.
I observed their conversation as the man named Arun was being confronted by Mani, who apparently was her coward husband.

His disgusting face with tightened features were brewing constant insults at her while she stood listening frozen with broken spirit.
My heart was leaping for her, but she needed that closure to move on.

My body sprang into action as he proceeded to drag her away. Enough was enough i want going to let him do anymore damage that he had already done.

Moving forward i grabbed Mani's arm in my direction successfully freeing her from that bastard's hold, catching him off-guard as he stumbled back with the force i applied.
Yes, I'm a strong woman.

"What the hell?"
Enraged Arun looked in our direction as Mani stood beside me trying to gain her senses back and strode to hold her again making her cower behind me.

"Stay back if you want to return in one-piece."
I warned him standing protectively in front of the scared woman.

"And who will break me, you?"
He scoffed at me.

"You need some serious lessons. Don't worry I'll happily extend the favour to you."
I smirked at him already imagining his disgusting face beaten up.
He snarled baring his teeth.

"Who do you think you are?
My mother?
Listen i don't have any problem with you as long as you go back the same way you came from.

She is my property to do anything with. If you don't want to face the same fate as hers leave peacefully.
And trust me you won't like the consequences."
He spoke in overconfidence stopping at an arm's length.

"Well. Try me."
Ignoring the pleading eyes of Mani, who was constantly trying to stop me, i went on.

"Oh it's gonna be fun.
But too bad I'm not interested in stubborn chicks like you."
He said with a smirk and a fake frown.
And he proceeded to bring Mani forth from behind me, pushing me aside.

The force was harsh if not for my firm feet i would have fallen on the concrete floor, it  just made me stumble on my steps. Dodging his another hit, i attacked him too and broke his nose with the heel of my palm with full force.

I stopped to catch a breath. After calming himself he took a chance and went ahead to hold Mani's hand basking in a momentary slip, his obstinacy was getting me on my nerves. Holding the wrist of his exact hand that was holding her i applied pressure on it, successfully pulling him back to myself.

"You.."
He lifted his other hand to probably slap me in anger as i prepared myself to dodge it instead he fell down due to an unexpected force which was actually a kick at the back of his knees he received from Mani.

My anger flew away as i was turned into a mere spectator when Mani decided to take the things in her hand.

Pulling his face back from his hair she bent her head to his ear level hissing in his ear.

"I have been bearing your shit for a while and  maybe it would have continued If you hadn't tried to harm my baby and the only person who cared enough for me.

We both know this well the person you are working for will never come to rescue you if i decided to put you behind the bars, so as the privilege of being my interest for sometime I'm letting you go.

Be wise and never turn to look in my direction ever again.

Hope to see you never again."

Completing her words she stepped in front of him and blew his hair with a puff of air on his face which was quite a handful, she pleaded me to leave with her eyes.

Trying to not lash out at her i turned my face away from her direction and clenched my fists at her forgiveness.
After calming myself i followed her to leave the place only to turn to the bastard again and delivered a packed punch on the side of his face.

It resulted in him losing the balance and hitting his forehead at the hard floor making it bleed a little.

Mani tried to step ahead to stop me from going further but retreated at my glare.
I waited for him to get on his feet back to give a final warning to him.

"Mind her words or trust me you won't survive to see a next time.
And I'm gonna make sure of that."

I stepped on his feet harshly and crushed it under my weight leaving him for good this time.

Mani tried to match my steps as we left in the direction of my apartment, which was nearby.

Without giving Mani a chance to talk i went to my room locked it from inside to relax myself. After a long bath
and a cooler set of mind i asked Mani to rest sternly, clearly showing how pissed i was at her actions.

First, the half or i should no truth about the trauma she went through,
and second, her lack of guts to punish him legally, were roasting my insides with various what ifs, making me distance myself from her.
Perhaps it'll help her to realise sooner that she was at wrong.

After few hours,

Having an early dinner, we were lounging in the balcony savouring the ice-cream we had purchased earlier. I stood near the railings as she sat on the swing.

"Nivi.."
Mani trailed off. My lack of response making tears form in her eyes which i noticed from the side of my eye.

"I'm s-sorry.
But you have to understand where I'm coming from, it's really not easy for me too."

By the time she completed, she was on full crying mode. Initially, I thought It must have something to do with her hormones but the plight in her tone was hard to be missed.

"I need you to trust me, Nivi. You are my soul sister, my ultimate souce of power, I'd fall alone without you, p-please."
Her pleas of apology filled with her inner agony made moisture to form in my eyes too.

Noticing my hard front melting she wrapped her arms around me sideways, as if seeking comfort and forgiveness as her tears drenched the off shoulder t-shirt i was wearing.

Unable to control myself i rubbed her back to give the assurance she needed.
After few minutes, when she
began to feel better, pulled away only to drag me to sit beside her on the swing.

"Let me start from the beginning.

You already know the reasons
behind my shifting places and then how i met Arun. He proposed one day suddenly and i had no point to deny or prolong it, so we got married on the day i met you last.

Things were going good until he started to distance himself. It was sometime late nights or early mornings when he used to arrive after work, making excuses about work pressure.

My demands for his time turned into arguments and one day these arguments turned ugly, when he hit me for the first time, i broke my wrist that day trying to protect myself."

She said as a fresh set of tears rolled down her cheeks and she quickly wiped those, making me feel enraged. But i couldn't do much except to sit and listen, it was her fight afterall.

"He apologized the next day, took care of me until i healed. I thought things changed for good, if not love atleast he cared about me.

Occasional outings, dates and our quality time was something i stated to look for, his sweet romance was addicting, i couldn't help but fall for him again. By that time i was carrying the mark of my love for him, my baby.

One day he returned carrying a bag full of cash. He said he got investment for starting his own business. I was alarmed but there wasn't much i could do, if only i had known the price of the investment was me.

He saw me talking to my parents one day while i was just sharing whatever was happening in our lives.
He grew angry and asked me to not talk to them anymore.

He became abusive, calling them names for not supporting me or being poor, i couldn't sit back and let him badmouth the only constants in my life.

In the end, we settled on no talks, he took my phone and limited my visits outside. It was beginning to get suffocating for me when i decided to confront him about it.

That was the last nail in the coffin, he came home drunk at late night.
But that didn't stop me as they say, a drunk person always says the truth.

Initially i just wanted to know reasons so i could help him relieve his tensions and worries at work. But it turned out to be something else entirely.

He told me that a business acquaintance of his, was smitten at me. His exact words were,

Flashback in Mani's pov:

It was about midnight when the doorbell rang, breaking the nap i was taking on the couch. Hurrying my steps i opened the door, only to catch Arun as he was about to fall down.

Trying to balance him on my shoulders i made his intoxicated self sit on the couch extending a glass of water to him, and began losing his clothes.

All of a sudden he held my wrists in his hand making me fall on him. Caressing my face he slurred his words,

"Mani you are one incredible woman.
I can't thank God enough for giving you to me. If not for you, my dream to become a businessman was impossible. You are a good wife, but sadly that can't last long.

As much as i want to keep you with me, i have no reasons left, I'm already fed up of you.
You were an incredible conquest baby, so don't feel bad, okay.

But I must say you know very well how to keep men at their toes and dance to your tunes.
He is so smitten with you, that he even agreed to pay the first price that slipped out of my mouth, only if it was higher.

Well we can't greedy now can we?"
He began laughing to himself after snatching the rug beneath my feet and slipped into unconciousness.

The flashback ends.

"Next morning he behaved as if he hadn't traded his wife for his business, not treated her as a return on someone's investment.

Things went downhill, i had no means to approach anybody nor ask for help. And when the news of the baby was revealed, it didn't effect him as it should had. Infact it sent him into panic.

His boss or i should say my admirer, asked him to process the divorce and eliminate the baby. After going through a forced separation which i should was good, they tried to do my forced abortion. And on the D-Day i escaped. Rest of the things you have seen with your eyes.

I went through all this, so that my family remains out of their radar. But now that you are seen with me, it's better if you let me leave and stay safe."

As she finished her tragic love story i was turned neutral. She still didn't say anything about taking police action.

"I know what you are thinking.
But I've seen it all, Nivi.

The bastard boss of that bastard is a bigger bastard. He has connections, powerful connections in government, he is related to some minister.

Nobody dares to cross him. So it's better to stay out of their gaze. I can't let them harm anybody  for my sake. I'll change city before they will locate me here. I won't fall weak anymore. I can't afford it for the sake of my baby and my loved ones. Nob.."

" Hey. Shushh.. calm down woman."
She was rambling so to stop her i pulled her in a hug.
There was no way he would hold more power than my husband. He is the ultimate.
So i had no reason to fear. And i trust him enough to not be involved in all these illegal things.

Yes, it's time i confide in him and get Mani out of this whirlwind.
Helping her tuck in, i called Rajveer as i left her alone.

As the call went to voicemail, i released a dejected sigh. I didn't know whom else to discuss the matters with, as according to the things Mani thought and revealed, it'll surely make a high-profile case.
And to get it in our favour we had to have an influential figure on our side. And the most influential one of the state was ignoring my calls.

We were tired after the hectic day. And nothing else sounded better than an early night. And i had to visit college tomorrow and the Reception was just around the corner, so keeping my thoughts ta bay I accompanied Mani to sleep.

*** ***** ***** ***** *****
Heya guys, a late and a filler update. I'll try sooner next time.

Hope you enjoyed it, as much as i enjoyed writing these words. Stay tuned for more.

And Huge thanx to the new readership.
Please Vote and comment in loads. It encourages me to write more, seeing your appreciate it. And follow the account for announcements.

Thank you.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

82.7K 3.7K 24
#1 in short-story out of 325K stories!! on 28 September 2023 Give it a try!! ---‐-------- "So I was not worthy of you?" It was more of a statement fo...
522K 36.8K 45
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
251K 18.2K 22
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
9.7K 457 49
"I want you because you're different. You're not like anyone else. Because you make me happy in a way no one else can." What happens when 6 best frie...