Never Be The Same Again | vsoo

By jaeyangi

Kim Jisoo, a senior high student. The typical bright, bubbly girl with straight A grades. She has a lot of fr... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter o1: My Trust
Chapter o2: The meeting
Chapter o3: The Nomination
Chapter o4: Familiar
Chapter o5: First Encounter
Chapter o6: To The Rescue
Chapter o7: "Cowboy's World-y"Party
Chapter o8: The Secret
Chapter o9: Until it lasts
Chapter 1o: My Girlfriend
Chapter 11: The Picture
Chapter 12: The Past
Chapter 13: The Reason
Chapter 14: The Past Hurts
Chapter 15: The Visit (1)
Chapter 16: The Visit (2)
Chapter 17: Hang-out
Chapter 18: Arcade! (1)
Chapter 19: Arcade! (2)
Chapter 20: The Talk
Chapter 21: Troubled
Chapter 22: Start Anew
Chapter 23: School Carnival (1)
Chapter 24: School Carnival (2)
Chapter 25: School Carnival (3)
Chapter 26: Left Unanswered
Chapter 27: The Promise
Chapter 28: Good Day?
Chapter 29: The Hard Way
Chapter 30: K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Chapter 31: Room Partner
Chapter 32: Happy Together
Chapter 33: Camp Out
Chapter 34: Couple Watch
Chapter 35: Halmeoni
Chapter 36: Invitation
Chapter 38: The Secret
Chapter 39: Baby Steps
Chapter 40: Group Study
Chapter 41: Deepest Secret
Chapter 42: It's Over
Chapter 43: J&J
Chapter 44: Friendship Ends
Chapter 45: The Confession
Chapter 46: I've Decided
Chapter 47: Let Go
Announcement
BOOK TWO

Chapter 37: Meeting Him

505 54 22
By jaeyangi

"What's this commotion all about?"

Everyone stood up. They were quite shocked.  Panic written was all over their face.

On the other hand, I remained sitting on the chair, stunned. I couldn't seem to move my body. I felt myself tremble. I was shaking uncontrollably. My breath was started to feel heavy. I forcibly close my eyes, calming my breathing.

"Dad?" I heard Taehyung called in a whisper.

"Hon, you're early! I thought you're staying in Macau for 'til tomorrow." Aunt Hee quickly approached him. She gave him a peck on his cheek.

"The meeting ended today." He replied. "I don't want  stay there and do nothing so I booked a flight right away."

"That's great!" Aunt Hee responded. "Uh, we're having a small celebration. There's this girl that Taehyung likes. I just want to get to know her."

"Uh, w-welcome back, D-dad." I heard Lisa stuttered. 

"G-good evening, sir." Jungkook greeted, stuttering too.

I bet they were surprised by the uninvited guest. The irony how this is his home but he's the one whose unexpected to be here.

I looked up as I felt myself became calmer. I stood up and look at him. My jaw tightened when he was already staring at me. I immediately bowed to cut our gaze.

"G-good evening, sir." 

I sighed in relief as I managed to speak loud enough for him to hear it. 

"Good evening." He answered. 

Then, a moment of silence overcame us.

"I guess I'll joined the feast, then." He added.

He started marching towards the table and sat in the opposite of the long table corner. He was facing his wife, Aunt Hee who was gleaming a smile. Oblivious of the tension around us.

"Why are you all standing there?" He stated, his voice firm and serious. "Eat."

We get back to our respective seats and started eating again.

I focused on my plate. I can feel Jungkook and Lisa's worried eyes at me. But I didn't looked back. I can't. I don't think I have the guts to tell them that it's fine because It's clearly not.

"So, who are you, young lady?" I flinched when I heard him asked.

I felt myself tremble again. Suddenly, I felt Taehyung's hand gripped on my mine down the table. I glanced at him, his head creased.

I instantly looked down. I'm breathing heavily again. I let out a deep breath and look at him straight. "Kim Jisoo, sir. It's good to finally.." I paused. "meet you."

He just nodded a little. "How did you and Taehyung meet?"

I looked away. He really forgot about my face that easily, huh? Like, he really don't remember the daughter of his business partner in the past?

Lisa then spoke out of the blue. "We're classmates, Dad. All four of us, we-"

"Lisa, what did tell you?" He cut her off. "Butting off a person during conversation is not what a fine lady would do."

Lisa immediately looked down. "I-I'm sorry, Dad."

"So, you're a student in KU, too." He stated. "No wonder, you look familiar."

I saw how Taehyung startled, he glanced at me and back to his Dad. "Dad, I think we should-"

"Ah! Now I remember," He cut Taehyung off from speaking. "You're the officer in charge to that party."

"The one KU made as my welcoming party," He continued. "I must say I'm impressed. You did well with the preparations."

I'm stopping myself not to burst my emotions out. I don't like getting compliments by someone like him. 

A murderer.

"Do I know your parents?" He asked. "What do they do?"

Taehyung stood up. "That's it-"

"Actually, you do sir. " I put a smile on my face. Just not the genuine type for all I care. "You guys were close as a matter of fact."

Jungkook stood up, too. "Jisoo-"

"Perhaps, you remember?" I stated, not leaving my gaze at him. "The name Kim Aera or how about Kim Chung-ha?"

His eyes widen in shock. And right after, I saw how his jaw tightened and then he plainly laugh out loud.

I stood up from my seat, my eyebrows furrows. 

"What the hell, Dad?! Have you gone insane!?" Taehyung shouted. "Why the fuck are laughing!?"

Mr. Kim immediately stood up and glare at Taehyung. "Don't you dare shout at me, you ungrateful man!" His nostrils flaring up.

He glanced back at me. "I see, you're Chung-Ha's little girl."

"Don't you dare speak his name in that mouth of yours." I spit every words like throwing  a dagger on his chest.

He looked at me, full of seriousness. "Why?"

"Why!?" I sneered. 

Why do he look so calm? Why isn't he getting mad like I am right now?  I forcibly close my eyes again, this is making me lose my mind.

"I can't believe this!" I pulled my hair in frustration. My breath was heavier than before. Those tears that I don't want him to see, falls miserably right at this moment. 

 "After how many years after that incident, how my father died in that accident? How my mother still getting treatment from depression because of it, I-"

"Aera's depressed?" He asked, his eyes looking worried? Fuck it, no he's not! "I didn't know that, she-"

"Yes! And it's all because of you!" I yelled at him. "You wrecked our family! You made us feel like hell!" 

"Y-you-" I heaved hard. "You killed my father!" 

My knees gave up, I sobbed hard as I stumble on the ground. I feel pathetic, weak. But I couldn't care less. I want to let it all out. I want him to know what he did. I want him to at least know what he feels. 

I stayed on the ground as I trembled hard as I've never been before. I gripped hard on my chest as it starts aching.

"Jisoo!" Jungkook runs towards me. He hugged me right away. "Shh, it's okay, it's okay" He keeps saying it again and again.

Taehyung fall on his knees, "Wh-what is happening to her?"

"I-I thought she's fine now," He answered. Panic was clearly visible in the tone of his voice. That made me in panic, too. I think I know where this is going.

"Jisoo, do you have some with you?" Jungkook asked. I know he's talking about the medicine. I shook my head softly. Talking about luck, huh? I forgot to bring one today out of all the other days that it wasn't even necessary.

Just today, when I badly needed it.

"Fuck, spit it out, Jeon," Taehyung yelled. "What is happening?!"

"She's having panic attacks!" Jungkook yelled back.

I tried to calm myself. But this time, I can't seem to stop it. I was crying uncontrollably. Then I realized, my past attacks never hurt like this.

I thought I was fine already. Why is this happening right now?

I looked up at him. He was just staring at me. Confused to what's happening. My vision went blur then suddenly my heart started racing.

"I-I can't breath" I managed to voice out.

"Oh my God, unnie!" I heard Lisa cried out.

"Jisoo!" Jungkook shouted. 

Just then, everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 435K 40
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
3K 96 12
"So what if I am a girl? It means that I am born to be more amazing than you, little white face." She said haughtily. Hearing this, he laughed ligh...
52.7K 1.5K 6
You've just moved away from your hometown and into a large city with an equally large highschool. What happens when you meet an adorable and sweet gu...
52.4K 3.1K 33
Kim Taehyung x Kim Jisoo ‼️ typographical and grammatical error ahead ‼️ 07/10/21-12/21/21