๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š: Abeyance ||...

Von _TheDarkOnyx_

****REWRITING IN PROCESS**** A thousand years ago, seven stars sat illuminated in the night sky, surrounded b... Mehr

Disclaimer&Cast
[*Author's Note NEW*]
[*Prologue - Part Two*]
[*Chapter One*]
[*Chapter Two*]
[*Chapter Three*]
[*Chapter Four*]
[*Chapter Five*]
[*Chapter Six*]
[*Chapter Seven*]
[*Chapter Eight*]
[*Chapter Nine*]
[*Chapter Ten*]
[*Chapter Eleven*]
[*Author's Note*]
[*Chapter Twelve*]
[*Chapter Thirteen*]
[*Chapter Fourteen*]
[*Chapter Fifteen*]
[*Chapter Sixteen*]
[*Chapter Seventeen*]
Thank you! A/N
[*Chapter Eighteen*]
[*From Me To You A/N*]
[*Chapter Nineteen*]
[*Chapter Twenty*]
[*Chapter Twenty-One*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Two*]
[*Back A 1000 Years - Flashback*]
[[Trailer ๐Ÿคฉโ™ฅ๏ธ]]
[*Chapter Twenty-Three*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Four*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Five*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Six*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Seven*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Eight*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Nine*]
[*Chapter Thirty*]
[*Chapter Thirty-One*]
[*Update*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Two*]
*[Chapter Thirty-Three]*
[*A Thousand Years Ago - Flashback*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Four*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Five*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Six*]
[*There Goes The Neighborhood - (Damon's flashback)*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Seven*]
*Please Read!*
[M*Chapter Thirty-Eight*]
[M*Chapter Thirty-Nine*]
[*Chapter Forty*]
[*Chapter Forty-One*]
[*Their Protectress - A Thousand Years Ago- Flashback*]
[*Authors Note*]
[*Chapter Forty-Two*]
[*Chapter Forty-Three*]
[*Chapter Forty-Four*]
[*Chapter Forty-Five*]
[*Chapter Forty-Six*]
[*The Aftermath of Darcella's Death - Flashback*]
[*Chapter Forty-Eight*]
[*Chapter Forty-Nine*]
[*Chapter Fifty*]
Author's Note
[[*Hey Guys!*]]
[*Chapter Fifty-One*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Two*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Three (NEW)*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Four*]
[*M Chapter Fifty-Five*]
Author's Note
Yes...another Author's note ๐Ÿ‘€
[*Chapter Fifty-Six*]
Authors Note (New)
[*Chapter Fifty-Seven (New)*]
Quick Question
Yes... I'm still alive.
[*Chapter Fifty-Eight - NEW*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Nine - NEW*]
[*Chapter Sixty- END*]
[*Thank you and More*]

[*Chapter Forty-Seven*]

3.1K 110 10
Von _TheDarkOnyx_

She awakens as if there is an emergency as if sleeping had become a hazardous factor. Her heart beats rapid, and there is a pulsating throb in her brain, and together they are as fright with jump-leads. Only now her brain is a flat battery, the previous night's toils being a gruelling of intermittent problem-solving. And so, this day will pass as if she is hungover, not from drink, but from the nightmares that demand solutions.

Darcy sits upright in the bed, heart racing a mile a minute, harsh breaths ousting, the pain in her head throbs with no remorse. One by one, her five senses come alive; the dry foul taste in her throat makes her retch, her nose captures the fragrance of leather and expensive cologne, her ears catch the slight movements of footsteps travelling across the creaky floorboards. The bed dips under another's weight, causing her to feel her hands and feet caressing the silk sheets covering her body. She frowns, her smooth untamed hairs flying askew as she jerks her head to the right, meeting icy blue eyes.

Darcy lets out a scream, her arm rearing up and socking them in the jaw, causing them to groan and drop back on the mattress whilst she scatters off the bed, backing away to the door.

"What a lovely morning greeting. Take her to your home; she may be more comfortable, they say. Oh, but they didn't mention, I'd get punched in the jaw for the welcome," his voice drips with sarcasm as he sits up and leans against the headboard, eyes narrowing on Darcy as he rubs his jaw.

"Well, who said to park your face right by mine? Don't you know the meaning of personal space?" she spoke, her tone matching his. Her arms fly up, coming back down with a slap against her thighs. "Oh, wait, I forgot you're Damon Salvatore. That explains it all. Damon and personal space don't mix at all."

"My, my, someone's extra spunky this morning," Damon quips, standing up from the bed. He crosses the room on silent feet. Although his mere presence should be urging her to flee, it does the opposite. A wave of calming energy doses over her, stronger and robust with each step he takes, and she's almost afraid to meet his eyes. Still, she can't help it. Her gaze slides up from her feet up his body to lock on his vigorous gaze.

Darcy feels a shover raking down her spine as his eyes flash with concern, roaming over her figure. Analysing her jerky form, tracing the miraculously healed welts on her cheeks, albeit no feeding her of the vampire's blood was supplied. Her shoulder's slump like she's carrying the whole universe. Damon watches as her eyes flit around the room, her hands twist and turn, clutching onto one another, and the way how her feet are pointing towards the door as if she would flee at a moment's notice.

He begins to question; do they really know who Darcella is under the covers?

Darcy frowns, pushing all thoughts and feelings out of her mind and looks around the room, large eyes taking in the large queen-sized bed, covered with blue and purple checked sheets, moving across the chestnut walls and wooden floor panels. Turning to her left, she can see the dark tiled walls matching its flooring that envelopes the open en-suite bathroom. Spinning back around, she traces the large drapes covering the expanse of the windows, only a slither of sunlight creeps through the slip gap in the centre. A few feet from the bed on the other side of the room is a brick fireplace, roaring to life, basking the room in a warm auburn glow.

Given the sophisticated taste that soaks the space, she gathers they are in Damon's room. But why is she here and not at home?

Breathing in his scent that washes over her, Darcy can't help but relax her rigid muscles and instantly feel safe. A peculiar feeling comes over her, making her racing heart slow to its regular beating pace... She feels at home.

"Alright, let's switch to nice Damon for a second. Naughty can return later." Damon said, flashing her a wink. He dislikes the silence, not when Darcy is anything but that. She's loud, reckless and full of light, and he wants that Darcy back. "Are you okay?"

Darcy lifts her sight from the flooring up to Damon's worried stare. She winces, seeing his tired appearance, his inky fluffy hair sticking up and mangled. Despite vampires not needing much sleep like humans', Darcy can see the bags under his eyes, the icy eyes she's grown to secretly admire, growing dark as if he has not drunk blood in a while. And then the guilt comes, eating at her resolve, clawing at the dark space that resides inside her. Cause whilst she's battling with the onslaught going on in her mind, his brother is downstairs in the basement, fighting his own demons.

"I'm fine," she declared, watching as Damon took a step forward, his gaze steady on hers as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, his hand coming to rest on her shoulder.

"No, you're not. You and I both know it. So, why not say what's eating away at you?"

Darcy shook her head, disliking the thought. Not when there are more pressing matters, and her problems can wait. "I can't... You won't understand."

Damon cuts her off, his eyes flashing with an emotion she can't decipher. "Then make me understand. You don't have to go through this on your own, and we both know something else is happening here. So, why not let me in?"

"Trust me. I want to confide in you and tell you whatever is wrong with me. But that's the thing... I don't know what's wrong," Darcy urged, her stare unrelenting against his. "I'm confused. I feel lost, and I have no fucking idea what's going on."

"Why not ask Bonnie? I'm sure if we play nice, she'll waver," Damon said, ignoring the glare she sent him, causing him to raise his hands in surrender. "Oh, come on! She's the only one who could help us, and maybe she'll find something in that witchy cookbook of hers."

Darcy shook her head and took a step back, her stare never straying. "No. I don't want to involve Bonnie in this, not when she's got her own problems to deal with, and I won't put more stress on her shoulders."

Damon threw his arms up with an air of frustration. "Stop being stubborn, Darcella!-,"

Darcy flinches, a jolt of pain stabbing her heart. Although it's her name, it's always left her with a hollow feeling.

"Stop calling me that! My name is Darcy." she cut him off fiercely, eyes blazing as she stepped into his space. "I said no... I will not involve Bonnie. You will respect that."

Letting out a frustrated groan, Damon's hands come down on her shoulders, shaking her a little to see his point, causing Darcy to scoff and smack his hands away. "I'm trying! But we know whatever's happening is not normal, and we don't know what we could be dealing with here," he exclaimed, jabbing his finger at the necklace now fastened around her neck again. "That thing is cursed! Ever since we've paid attention to it, it's stirred up crap. You miraculously sprout out witchy juju when you touch it. The next thing you know, your body had a mind of its own and then paralysed' me. That's not normal! And not only that, but It's also a witches talisman, and it's indestructible. Have you never questioned why you have it in the first place? Where did it even come from?"

"I don't see why we have to do this now, not when Stefan is downstairs. We should be down there with him!" Darcy yells, turning her back to him, her feet moving towards the door, desperately wanting to escape from this situation. Damon' heavy footfalls follow after her as she descends the stairs, his voice droning on and on like a banging drum.

"Darcy, wait! Why can't you see I'm just trying to help? I'll drop it if you tell me why you have it and where it came from, and what the hell happened last night for you to have another episode?"

"I don't know! I've had it for as long as I can remember... since I was a baby. I only felt the urge to wear it once you and your brother came to town. The desire became more potent when the tomb vampires escaped, and it's only started acting up since then. None of this has happened before... Without it, I feel empty, like a large piece of me missing."

Darcy pauses between the stairs and the parlour entrance, a frown martyrising on her face, seeing Jenna, Jeremy, and Elena sitting on the couch.

Why are they here?

A question she should also be asking herself, she thought to herself, before turning and walking down the hallway and entering the kitchen.

"Why are we here?" She asked, her voice growing listless, identical to her dormant soul. "Hold that thought... I need coffee before we do this... I feel like death."

Behind her, Damon leaves to check on Stefan, leaving multiple footsteps to trail Darcy' path, anxious eyes observing her as she came to a stop in the centre of the kitchen, head moving from left to right, searching for something. The three exchange cautious glances as Jenna plops down a holdall she was carrying onto the island, not knowing how to bring up what occurred the previous night. She coughs, gaining the dark head's attention.

"I brought you a change of clothes and a few extra in case you wanted to stay longer... You know, with Stefan and his vampire problem," she said, ruffling her tresses sheepishly, shifting onto a stool.

Jenna' eyes wander, watching as Darcy walks over and opens the fridge, retrieves a bottle of milk and closes the doors before flicking on the kettle and drawing four mugs out of the cupboard from above the sink.

"Thanks," Darcy said as she spooned coffee and sugar into the cups. "Doesn't answer my question, though. Why are we here and not at home?" Not that she opposes.

Jeremy and Elena joined Jenna sides; worried gazes still locked upon Darcy. It would be an understatement to say last had not left them scared and confused.

"Do you remember much of last night?" Elena asked cautiously, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

The whistle from the kettle added to their anxiety levels as Darcy remained calm whilst she poured the steaming water into the cups. However, while her back was to them, they failed to see the torment shadowing her usually bright blue eyes, rendering them into dark pits.

More often than not, after an episode, she tends to have difficulty remembering what had occurred, and they happen when she's asleep. By the time morning has reached, the memory evaporates into particles. Yet, everything about the previous night wasn't anticipated- since it's never happened before. That could also be down to because she was awake and alert to what was happening around her. She remembers everything, from telling Jenna the truth, discussing vervain and applying them, and comparing the two necklaces.

The sense of anger and forfeiture wrapped around her. Before the blackness had surrounded her, she vividly recalls the sensation of power igniting her veins, heating her to the bone just before the vision of two women attacked her conscious mind, the latter of the two sensing her into a whirlwind of black pools.

Darcy opens her mouth to respond. However, her body freezes, her grip tightening around the spoon, hearing the syllables ringing throughout her mind. What was once nothing but whispered foreign words stands clear and precise.

Lie.

She obeys. Her jaw clenches, the words flow out concisely. "Everything? I remember telling Jenna the truth, and then we called it a night. Did we not?"

Again, Jenna exchanged startled stares with Elena and Jeremy... Doesn't she remember?

Jeremy clears his throat, scratching his throat. "You don't remember having an episode and blacking out?" he asked as Damon entered the kitchen, sitting beside the Protectress.

Pfft, more than an episode from what the flashbacks replay on a constant loop.

"Or how you know, blurted out our little vampire problem to your aunt," Damon chimed in sarcastically as he walked into the kitchen—providing her with the perfect moment to deflect the matter.

Darcy winces, placing the spoon in the sink before putting the cups on the island and taking a seat. "Yeah, about that... Jenna knows... Surprise?" she sings and then moans in bliss as the rich dark substance slides down her throat.

"A little heads up would have been nice, you know. Instead, I open the door, and a stake is poised at my heart... by yours truly," Damon said, glaring at a blushing Jenna. "I kinda like being a living dead person, thank you."

"Next time, I'll be sure to tell her not to miss if you ever decide to piss me off," Darcy snorted, high fiving Jenna. 

The tearing sound of plastic ripping causes the four to shift their heads into Damon' direction, eyebrows raised as he slurps the contents. He pauses, the nozzle in his mouth feeling the four eyeing him in disdain. "Never mind me, carry on."

"What? You're not angry?" Elena asked, looking at him in bafflement.

An amused eyebrow rose whilst he drained the contents of the blood bag and threw the packaging in the bin. Damon let out a whoop and fist-bumped the air when he got a clear shot. "Surprisingly not. The worst comes. I can always compel it out of her," he said, shrugging nonchalantly and then leasing out a yelp when Darcy tugs on his ear. "Ow, Okay!" he whines, batting his hands at her.

"No compelling will be necessary, will it, Damon," Darcy said, tugging harder, a smirk broadening her lips. "You'll be a good boy and listen, won't you?"

"Mmm, I don't know. I mean, I could be good, but it depends if I really want, you know? You gotta hit me with a good bargain."

Another tug, followed by another yelp.

A snigger erupted out of Jeremy, watching Damon continue to paw at Darcy's grip, knowing the vampire is weak for her attention and loves to get a rouse out of the young woman. He could easily break out of her grip, yet by the grin and the light in his eyes, Jeremy can tell he's enjoying the special treatment.

"Well, I guess I'll take back my words from the other night, then," Darcy hums, releasing her grip and turning to the three amused occupants at the bar.

"What? Wait! What words?" Damon asked, rubbing his reddened ear. He pokes the indent in her cheek when Darcy ignores him, resulting in him poking her ribs. He frowns, not getting a response. "Oh, come on! Tell me..." he pauses, eyes squinting at the mischievous smile caressing her lips. "You wouldn't! You wouldn't deny me on my love, would you?"

"Oh, but I would. So, what's it gonna be? Are you going to co-operate?" Darcy's head turns, the light returning in her gaze clashing with his.

Damon's chest warms at the familiar sight. His Darcy is back. If he knew if all took was a bit of teasing and banter for her to return to her natural state, he'd gladly keep on continuing with the game.

When banging erupted at his door just hours prior, he wasn't prepared for the sight that had greeted him. Seeing Darcy clutched in Jeremy's arms, bloodied and a pained grimace worrying her beautiful features, sent a jolt of pain to his un-beating heart. The night she experienced one of her episodes surfaced in his mind, thinking she had experienced another. Never does he want to see her go through that again. Seeing her so still and lifeless, he couldn't handle that again. Still, after a lengthy explanation, it had left them all baffled and high on anxiety, waiting for the moment Darcy woke up.

He'll have his happy and playful Darcy any day, for seeing her without either leaves him feeling hollow.

Elena and Jenna trade glances of bewilderment at sight, and never have they witnessed the two in such an element. Whether Darcy continues to deny her feelings, later, they have proof from here and now that she's way past the point of falling.

"You don't play fair," Damon pouts, turning his head away.

"You more than anyone should know there's no fun in playing fair," Darcy said, crossing her arms in satisfaction of winning this round.

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever," he grumbles.

"You're nothing but a big baby in a grown man's body," Jenna snickered in amusement.

"While I love this turn of events, I think I should remind you Stefan is locked downstairs," Elena supplied, successfully sending the four into fits of groans and moans.

"Thanks for the reminder, Elena," Jeremy quipped, rolling his eyes. "Not that Stefan's yelling all this time didn't provide us with enough.

"Yep, thanks a bunch for the recollection," Darcy sighed, brushing her messy hair away from her face,

"If depressed Stefan and refusing to feed wasn't enough," Damon hummed, clapping his hands before pushing away from the counter, the chair's legs scraping against the tiled flooring.

"That bad, huh?" Darcy asked him, cracking her fingers as she looked around the room. "Do you have bottled water or empty bottles, any chance?"

Damon nodded, walking over to the fridge and pulling out an unopened bottle of water. Tossing it to her, he leaned against the counter, watching as she got up and uncapped the bottle, making her way to the sink.

A frown appeared, seeing her pour the water down the sink and shake out the excess drops. "What are you doing?"

"Conjuring my next plan," Darcy replied, settling the bottle on the counter, and shuffling closer to him.

"Which is?" Elena asked, leaning on the island, feeling mystified as Darcy rolled up her sleeves. A pit formed in her stomach, wondering just what her plan might be.

*•*•*•*•*

Next chapter coming up!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

52.5K 1.4K 38
โ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž. ๐ˆ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ. ๐€๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž. ๐‡๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐. ๐”๐ง๏ฟฝ...
50.9K 1.5K 51
This entire city was poison-filled trash and vultures who lurked around and attacked my life, and the lives of my children, as they all tried to hide...
360K 11.3K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...
436K 10.2K 54
It's been an adventure. Since 1864 Alexandria "Alex" Elizabeth Salvatore has traveled across the globe enjoying her vampire life. Sure her brothers h...