Sober

由 ChristabelAnane

Asher Reynolds is fed up of receiving five consecutive heart breaks from his girlfriends who he thought love... 更多

Welcome!
Torn Apart Again:
First Day of College:
Love:
Gross Description Of Love And Kylie's Dark Secrets:
Mall Raid:
Broken:
Home Sweet Home:
Calvin's Return:
Headaches, Sarcastic comments and Love letters:
Meeting Asher:
Meeting Miss Croxford:
Training With Kylie:
Talking With Jace And Mirabel:
Party Time l:
Party Time ll:
Mr Flirty Pants and The Bad Fairy Godmother:
The Jealousy Dance:
'Hideous' Appearance:
The Invitation:
Soccer Practice:
The Diary Exchange
Injured:
The Flashback And Samantha's Return:
Your Time Has Come Warren:
Warren Rogers:
Lucifer Is My Stepbrother:
Home:
The Anniversary:
Table 16:
Acting With Ursula:
One More Kiss Wouldn't Hurt?:
Meeting Samantha:
Rescued by Asher:
The Truth Is Revealed:
The Truth Hurts:
The Joy Of Donating:
It's Over Between Us:
The Reunion:
My Real Home:
Saying Goodbye:
Miami, Florida:
Grandpa's House:
My Real Family:
Mirabel's Insecurities:
The Dryopteris Hunt:
Occupy Yourself:
Surfing:
Family Football:
The News:
Working On The Brand:
Blake's Departure:
Cut Contact:
Wynwood Walls:
Cammy and Cal:
Arguments and Fries:
Preparations:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch II:
Enthusiasm:
Seaquarium:
The Bet:
The Plan:
The Interview:
Gaming:
Girl Talk:
Masquerade Fever:
Distractions:
Epilogue:
Author's Note:
Copyright Info:

Uncontrollable Feelings:

36 2 0
由 ChristabelAnane

Tiffany's POV:
I answer the call and my mom begins her rants behind the phone.
"Honey, I met an old friend at the grocery store today! She would be coming home with her son  for dinner so you better report early. I believe you can talk with her handsome son or your boyfriend Aiden is still dear to your heart?"

"Mom, I've told you a thousand times! Aiden is not my boyfriend"I grumble.

"Okay okay! But make sure you get home early! The driver would be there by 6pm to pick you up"Mom instructs.

"Okay mom. I'll be there"I assure her and hang up.

"My mom just texted that she wants me home now"Asher states first.

"Why? Is it an emergency?"I enquire.

"Nope! It's just my mom at it again"Asher rolls his eyes and I chuckle. "I'll see you later. Perhaps, tomorrow! We can go somewhere together"

"Sure"He pecks my cheek and exits the restaurant. I just sit there smiling toothily like a jerk. I like Asher and he likes me! Squee! I quickly finish up my sushi and meet up with my driver outside. I texted Mirabel that I wouldn't be in for the night but then I'll be here tomorrow and she answered with 'no prob'

I'm currently in my parents' jeep heading home for this dinner with mom's old friend. I really wanted to meet this old friend of hers but I wasn't pleased with meeting her son. My mom wants to hook me up with him so badly!

My phone rings and it's Aiden. I pick up without hesitation.

"Tiffany! Where are you? You promised to meet me at the studios today! For the Romeo and Juliet drama. It's almost time! People are taking their places "

"Oops sorry Aiden! I'm on my way home! It's an emergency"I apologise as I get out of the car. We are home now and I am ascending the staircase , leading to the front porch.

"But....but the show is about to start! I can't watch it alone?"he complains as I infiltrate into the hall of my house.

"Aiden I'm so sorry! I'll make it up to you tomorrow! I promise"I convince him and he sighs, hanging up. My mom was setting up the table for dinner. She whips her head to look at me.

"Sweetheart! You're in"she greets with a kiss on my forehead. "You're just in time! Go to your room and dress up for tonight's dinner"

"Who's this mysterious old friend of yours?"I question as I ascend the stairs to my bedroom with her.

"Her name is Caroline! We were best friends in high school long ago before I met Janet! You will like her"
I shrug and we file into my bedroom.

"You said you met her at the grocery store today?"I furrow my eyebrows in question.

"Yep! And you cannot imagine the joy I felt when I saw her! It was like the reunion we had at the ballet show some months ago! She's still the same old Caroline I know! I invited her for dinner so we could have a little chat! And guess what? She has a son, your age!  I would also like to introduce her to my products! You know how it is"Mom winks at me.

"So you never knew she was here?"I ask amused.

"No! I thought she was in a different part of the world until I saw her today! We used to go for camps a lot! Hey, you need to go for camp one of these days! I know you'll love it"

"No thank you"I quickly chirp.  I get these weird vibes from camping. 

"Come on darling, it will be great"Mom assures.

"So how's the sales with the swift sisters collection?"I question, placing my clutch on my dresser. I really wanted to divert her attention on camping.

"It's crazy Honey! We've got new clients and investors dropping in"she gushes as she rummages through my closet for a dress.

"That's great"I comment and she holds up a crimson v neck dress with glitter all over.

"What about this? It would suit you"she places it on my bed. "I need to go and change honey! Caroline will be here soon! Look great"she walks out of the door.

I sigh and slip into the crimson dress. Afterwards, I wore my red bracelet to match and tied my blonde hair into a ponytail. I then applied my face moisturizer and some eyeshadow. Finally my red lipstick and mascara. I placed everything back into my drawer and checked myself out in the mirror. My white stilletos sparkled at my feet.

Ding dong!

They are here! I begin to panic. I hope I look good. I check my nails and it's not that bad. I've stopped the bad habit of biting them long ago. Mom promised to give me a manicure later on.

There's a knock on my door and my stomach clenches. I take a deep breath and open the door. I gasp, astounded.

Asher stood there looking gorgeous in his tux as he wore a bored expression which was replaced with surprise.

"You're the guy my mom was talking about?"I blurt with a chuckle.

"You're the girl my mom was talking about?"Asher questions in amusement.

"What a coincidence "We both blurt at the exact same time.

"By the way, you look stunning "he commends.

"Thanks!"

"Asher! Tiffany! Get down here"I hear my mom holler.

"Shall we?"he crooks his elbow  and I insert my hand in.

"Sure! Why did you come to get me?"I ask curiously.

"My mom asked me to come and get you. I was bored because I thought she was going to link me up with another girl! But then, I'm happy to know it's you and no other girl"

"I'm happy too. I also thought my mom was hooking me up with a strange guy"I huff.

"Look at them! They're so cute"Caroline gushes at the table as we approach. "Tiffany?"she asks recognising me.

"Hello Mrs.Reynolds "I greet formally as Asher pulls out a chair for me to sit in. Riele was sitting in between my mom and Caroline while Asher chose the spot next to me.

"You know my daughter?"my mom asks, baffled

"I met her at the university  once, where my son introduced her as his friend"Caroline rants.

"Oh so you know each other? Interesting"my mom gushes. I flash them a beam.

"Your daughters are beautiful and elegant Khloe! I love them!"Caroline compliments as she admires me.

"Thanks! Your son is undoubtedly handsome I must say, so gallant too"my mom compliments and I smile. Asher had a proud beam on.

"Well you haven't seen the other one yet! He's a real work of art. Girls basically swoon over him all the time"Caroline rattles, playing with her extensions. I loved her hairstyle. It was simple yet so beautiful.

"Where is he?"Mom demands.

"He's on a trip! But you know him"

"I do?"Mom questions and I stifle a giggle.

"He's Calvin Reynolds!"Caroline exclaims and my mom is wide eyed.

"Oh my God! You're joking right? He's your son? I watched Sunna's show yesterday and he was being interviewed with Camilla Stone! Our brand ambassador "Mom blurts. "You're right! He's so sexy "Mom states and Caroline laughs.

Asher clears his throat.
"And Asher too is a beauty! Kind of like a greek god! You're gorgeous honey"mom winks at Asher.

"It's a trait they took from their father"Caroline clarifies. "So my daughter in law is your brand ambassador? Which brand are you talking about anyway?"

"Uh my own cosmetic company"mom answers in a duh tone. 

"You have a Cosmetic Company?!"Caroline shrieks, jaws literally on the floor.

"Um yeah? Croxford Cosmetics "Mom grabs a shopping bag from under the table and places it on the top. It was navy blue with Croxford Cosmetics scribbled in gold on it. Caroline is dumbstruck but Asher isn't so surprised.

"We launched our Swift Sisters Collection not too long ago and I would like you to have this as a token from an old friend"mom hands her the bag and Caroline is at the brink of tears as she peeps into it.

"Thanks Khloe! This means a lot to me but how? How did it start? I knew you were a makeup artist then"Caroline gushes and my mom begins to tell her the history of the company while serving us some wild Alaskan Salmon. 

"Hey do you think there's a way we can excuse ourselves and be alone?"Asher whispers in my ear while we eat. His breath tingling my skin. I feel that tingling sensation behind my navel again.

"Why? They are fun to be with"I retort in a whisper as Caroline and Khloe talk about their life as young adults and how they had their kids and blah blah blah.  To be honest, I wasn't really following the conversation.

"Yeah but I think they need their privacy"Asher whispers. I continue to eat. Riele just stared at Caroline blankly as she made gestures with her hand, explaining something to Khloe.

"Mom! Asher and I are taking a walk in the garden"I state and they stop blabbering.

"Sure honey! Just be careful"Mom shoos me away and concentrates on the rest of the story from Caroline. I lead Asher to the backdoor and opened it, leading to our garden. The full moon was out, reminding me of what happened at the Science laboratory yesterday.

The roses had bloomed to my surprise and they smelt awfully good in the night's air.

"Okay so we are alone now"I extol and sit on a huge rock. "What do we do now?"I raise my eyes to look at Asher and he places something in my hair. It's like a flower. He stares into my eyes and I'm lost in his green ones.

His eyes trail to my lips and he just stares at them like forever. I just stare back, unmoving.

"This garden is amazing"he finally speaks up and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Yeah it was my mom's idea"I reply admiring the greens blending with the colourful flowers. I gaze at him for a brief second as he unplucks another flower. This one was a daisy.

He places it in my hair and smiles.
"Hmm....you look like"he trails off.
I just chuckle as he taps his chin.

"I probably look like Moana"I state.

"Yeah I guess"he chuckles and grips my hand. I feel electricity move throughout my entire body.

"I really wanted to do this again"he admits with a lopsided grin.

"Do what?"I ask curiously as my heart beat accelerates. His hand encircles my waist and I feel my cells bouncing around that area.

"This"he slams his lips against mine and I just melt into the kiss like the last time. The same feeling from last time overcomes me and I feel like I'm on cloud nine. It begins to drizzle lightly as I feel raindrops settle on my skin.

"Grapes"he moans and I chuckle against his lips. What's he talking about? The raindrops get heavier and it begins to rain heavily. Asher finally breaks the kiss and looks into my eyes.

"I guess we have to go back inside"he says, looking at me with pure desire in his eyes. I'm soaked from head to toe with rainwater but I don't care. All I want is to taste his lips again. I jam my lips against his and he's taken aback. I loved the minty taste of his lips accompanied with his addictive cologne. It was getting heated now as he pinned me to a wall and kissed my neckline. I couldn't resist.

"Tiffany,we need to go back inside!"he states looking into my eyes again, breaking the kiss again. His hair damp and wet from the rain. I feel the butterflies in my stomach multiply  and I know I'm falling for Asher Reynolds but it's in a different way altogether. I never felt like this when I kissed Blake!

"Yeah sure"I state and he drapes his jacket on my shoulders as we head back inside. We step into the hall and the mom's are still chatting about something incoherent.

"Oh dear! You got soaked by the rain"Caroline exclaims as we head to the fireplace together.

"We are fine Mom! Nothing to worry about"Asher reassures and I sit in a chair closer to the fireplace to keep warm. Asher sits opposite me and I just think about what happened between us like five seconds ago. My heart beat doubles up as I replay the scene in my head.

Asher's phone rings and he drills it out of his pocket.
"Jace?"he says and heads to the other end of the hall, leaving me alone at the fireplace.

"I brought you some warm blankets and hot cocoa"Mom's voice interrupts as she approaches me with huge blankets and a mug. "It's freezing and I wouldn't want my sweetheart catching a cold. I turned on the heater as well"she says handing me the blankets and the mug. "You're soaked"she spills with a grimace.

"Yeah I know! I shouldn't have stayed in the rain for that long!"

"By the way, I saw your little make out session with Asher in the garden"she whispers and my eyes grow wide.

"Did Caroline see us?"I question and she shakes her head.

"She was busy going through the token I gave her! But then I was spying on you two from the kitchen"she states with an evil smirk.

"It reminds me of what I and your dad used to do"She says with a chuckle.

"Where is dad by the way?"I question. I haven't seen him since I arrived.

"He wouldn't be returning today! He said he had an emergency at work"Mom clarifies and I nod. "So tell me, do you like him?"Mom whispers, referring to Asher as I drink my mug of hot cocoa.

"I think so. I don't know Mom! I've got all these feelings whenever I'm with him and I can't interpret whether it's true love or lust"I answer with a sigh

"You know what? We will have a girl talk when they're gone! I hope you're cool with that?"Mom beams.

"Yes! Thanks mom"I reply and she nods. I watch her stride back to the dining area and Asher joins me again at the fireplace.

"Having a little chat with your Mom? I see"he mocks and I giggle.

"You were talking with Jace?"I ask

"You know him! He's like a second dad! Always wanting to know where I am and how I'm doing"Asher huffs.

"Asher we are leaving! I hope the rain has stopped Khloe! By the way, thanks for the delicious food and the token"

"It's fine Carol! There's nothing more joyous than having a visit from an old friend"My mom hollers back and they exchange a hug.

"Come visit me at my place will ya?"Caroline hands mom a card. "It's not very far from here"

"I will! Cross my heart hun"mom assures.

"Chipmunk! Get your butt out of that couch"Caroline orders Asher and I snicker.

"Chipmunk?"I ask through laughs.

"Mom I told you I hate that name"Asher grumbles as he gets on his feet. "See you later, gorgeous"he whispers in my ear before strutting towards his mom.

"Aren't you adorable?"His mom pinches his cheek and he grimaces. My mom chuckles as she shows them to the door. The heavy downpour has subsided to light drizzles.

"Goodnight"My mom hollers at the doorway and waves them till they disappear. She shuts the door and turns to face me.

"This Girl Talk is on"she states firmly with wide eyes. "I'll just get Riele to go to sleep then we can have an actual conversation"she says and I gaze as she persuades Riele to her bedroom. I took of Asher's Jacket since I felt much warmer.

Wait....Asher's jacket?

He left his jacket behind! Oh shoot! But then, this could come in handy someday. I shrug and just sniff his cologne out of it. There's no doubt that I'm sleeping with this jacket tonight but first, let me get into my pyjamas.

____

"I'm in"My mom announces at the doorway as I finish up my school assignment in my bedroom. She steps into the room and shuts the door.

"Riele is fast asleep so we can talk in private now"She beams. This smile was distinct. I've never seen that kind of smile on her face. She sits on my bed and faces me.

"I'm ready"I shut down my laptop and face her.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

517K 11.1K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
12.3M 450K 62
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...
1.5K 33 14
Emma is having a loving boyfriend, she is quite happy with her life in general. She likes her job and her family....but what will happen when she by...
70.9K 1.7K 17
People say anybody can love whoever they want to love. The heart wants what the heart wants, right? Well, what happens when Raphael, the tough guy of...