Part of the pack

By choc0_0mallows

Selene Berklin is obsessed with wolves. She is curious about how a pack survives and how tight the relationsh... More

All rights reserved
1 || Wolves
2 || Fight nor Flight
3 || The Berklin family
4 || Out of the Woods
5 || Electrifying blue eyes
6 || Curiosity at its finest
7 || Lost in the woods
8 || The second encounter
9 || No more holding back
10 || Something indescribable
11 || A newfound pack
12 || Mother's advice
13 || Accepting the wolf in me
14 || Getting to know the pack
15 || Shallow understanding
16 || The real threat
17 || Christmas spirit
18 || Stepping into her world
19 || Shopping with the Werewolves
20 || Girls talk
22 || Meeting the Alpha
23 || My role in the pack
24 || A fresh new start
25 || Bloody red eyes
26 || Blessed and Bites
27 || A new classmate
28 || Integrating with the society
29 || Lost people
30 || The hunt
31 || Battle between two thoughts
32 || Prey and Predator
33 || The fight between beasts
34 || Witches on search
35 || Wolf's on a quest
36 || The forgotten past
37 || Unaware of the danger
38 || Only one
39 || Insecurities seeping out
40 || Out of his world
41 || Becoming King
42 || First time feeling this way
43 || Forgetting problems
44 || Confessing feelings
45 || Transitioning
46 || The first battle
47 || Calm before the storm
48 || Meeting her parents
49 || Falling again
50 || Weakness on sight
51 || You or I
52 || The aftermath
53 || Stay
54 || Split minds
55 || Wanting strength
56 || Regrets and broken promises
56 || Hating him
57 || Resuming life
58 || Acceptance
59 || Passage of time
60 || Wedding dress
61 || Bachelorette party
62 || Yes, I do
63 || Becoming spontaneous
64 || Maybe, maybe not
65 || Couldn't resist the temptation
66 || Coming home
67 || Moon blessed
68 || Becoming one
69 || Control
70 || A long night
71 || The marking
72 || Coward
73 || Tears
74 || Free
75 || Another chance
76 || Letting it out
77 || Strengthening bond
78 || Suspicions
79 || Friendly advice
80 || Alongside you
81 || Pregnancy
82 || Taking a step
83 || Divulging us
84 || The second time
85 || Acceptance
86 || Men's talk
87 || Currying favor
88 || Hometown
89 || The future slowly unfolds
90 || Two families
91 || Finally marked
92 || Chance
93 || This extraordinarily life with you
Acknowledgements
Two New Books!!
InsNovel

21 || A visit from the wolf

202 14 0
By choc0_0mallows

Everyone visits with each other for its
purpose.

- Ehsan Sehgal

'•'•'•

Chrismas was uneventful, I couldn't come to Luna's home for dinner and just returned home to celebrate the feast with my family. Nonetheless, I have learned much from them as well as they have with me.

January arrived with its monotonous shade, everything returned to normal as if the festivals that were celebrated a month ago vanished along with the cold chilling wind. Entering another new year which could mean something new to accomplish or another year of repetition.

College is just along the way, I will be entering my first year in just two weeks, fortunately, the community college in our town offers spring semester, or else I'll have to do with a fall semester and have all my plans change. It's less hectic to start college in the spring even though this month still feels like winter.

"Are you ready for college?" It was my mother, she was free today since her back has been hurting from all that baking.

"Yep, I just need some new notebooks and some other things to buy" I don't think a new bag would make me feel more ready when I enter college. Still to this day, I could feel myself being filled with anxiety as the days passed.

I assume college is way different from high school and the fact that I have secrets to hide makes things more hectic. Work is easy since I can just work at home but juggling three responsibilities in my life seems like a messy thing to do.

I also don't have the best time management skill.

"Don't worry darling, everything will work out for you, just take baby steps and continue your pace" I snuggle close to mom and slightly felt relieved at her words.

I need to stop worrying over the future and instead enjoy the present and work over my time management skills.

Dad finally arrived home and kissed mom on the forehead which earned a snort from George.

"George my boy, one day you'll be much more cheesy than I am I tell you!" Dad joked making me laugh, yeah right, as if he's gonna move on to another girl when he's this focused on Simon.

I placed the plates on the table while George takes the cutleries and glasses, mom on the other side scooped some chicken broth and some of her homemade meatloaf along with rice and a few stir-fried vegetables.

"Watch your stomach dear" my mother softly warned my father after seeing him with a bottle of Wilsbrein wine in his hand.

"Come on, just one?"

"No"

Grinning at my father's obvious failure, we started our dinner. George washed the dishes after, it's his month today, we washed dishes vice versa every month.

Curling my toes under my duvet, I tugged my blanket over my head and started to chat with Everlyn, she couldn't return since a storm arrived this month which delayed their return.

"Where's your hunky friend?" I forgot, she knew about Lukka and how could I forget her piercing shout after I returned her call after much deliberation.

"Everlyn, can you please take the word hunky, it is seriously annoying the hell out of me" she rolled her eyes, she was sitting on the balcony with the stars behind her making her look ethereal.

"Fine your highness, I won't. But how's your relationship with him now?"

"Ugh! Please stop mentioning the word relationship as well"

Just hearing that word makes me blush, shame coloring my cheeks and I couldn't stop the pounding of my heart. Hati and Luna have already done their interrogation about me and Lukka and I don't think I need another one.

"Sure" she draws in a long voice. "But seriously, you've found yourself a hot one Selene, I still can't get over the fact that you did not tell me!" She moaned and I groaned, she really is grilling me down with those words.

"He's not my boyfriend Everlyn he's just... just..." I trailed off, what should I say? He's just a friend- we're not that close! Then what- an acquaintance- we're not even that distant!

"I understand, you two are in the ambiguous period-" I didn't hear her words again when a sudden pair of electrifying blue eyes captured my sight.

I had already sat up after being frustrated at Everlyn's preconceived idea that I'm having a boyfriend and her being the only single one in our friend circle when in fact there are just two of us.

"Hey I'll... I'll call you later okay?"

"What?! But we're just starting to talk! Hey! Don't you dare end this call or-"

I quickly threw a coat in me and put my phone in my bed before opening the windows in my room. My body trembled from the cold harsh wind, eyes squinting wanting to make sure that I was seeing things right and then he appeared.

He was in his wolf form and I bit my lips to stop myself from screaming. How could he be so careless?! He could've been seen by someone, worse, he could be hurt due to his negligence!

I gathered myself and shut the door, mouthing for him to wait for me downstairs and then leave my room. Thankfully my parents were still awake, my brother on the other hand was still playing games at this time of the night. 

Reaching the doorstep, I saw the enormous figure of Lukka, he was back to his human self and I sigh in relief. As he neared, I finally saw his naked flesh and almost scream, it was intensely dark and I couldn't see things clearly, I can only discern a human figure walking towards me with blue electrifying eyes.

"Put some clothes on!" I hissed, his naked skin bare for me to see, I was thankful that the darkness could hide my blushing cheeks but then forget amidst my tension how their sense is magnified.

His figure was lean, not the type of scrawny body with thin bones nor the muscular, bulging body of a bodybuilder. He was in between and his skin, it was like it was kissed by the sun, glazed in honey with his firm chest and toned stomach. There was a dip just under his belly, a mermaid line that feels like it was sculpted by the gods, one that Everlyn and the other girls tended to always say when they talk about the best parts of the bodies in men.

Thankfully he had his boxers on or I swear I would be mortified for the whole night. 

"Why are you here?" I tried to stop myself from trembling, I don't know anymore if it was the cold or him that made me feel this way, all I know is that I want to stop the harsh beating of my chest.

"Our alpha wants to meet you" my eyes widen and I was about to refuse when he continued. "Not today but tomorrow"

"Oh"

I think I saw a sliver of laughter that flashed into his eyes but then the wind whirled its furiousness in me, the trees shaking as if they were about to be uprooted on their place.

"I'll take you there tomorrow" he didn't wait for my reply and gently took my hand, his were warm like the summer, even if his grip was like an iron hold it never did hurt me.

I opened our door and look behind me, he was still there, silently watching me. I waved my hand goodbye and at that time, I clearly saw a small quirk of a smile that befalls on his face.

***
Chapter 21 is up! Hope you like this chapter!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
209 7 30
Forced into a pack after her father's death, she only ever knew the life of a lone wolf. Now, she was a puppet in a game of shifter politics. Where o...
13.9K 468 34
Selene was blessed by the Goddess Artemis. Having lived in the Bloodwood forest all her life, what happens when she stumbles upon a little werewolf...
242K 7.5K 36
Vitani is a part of one of the most feared Hunter families. She's not known for destroying packs on her own, she does that with her family. In fact...