Mine (HOOD) [COMPLETED]

By plainandbeautiful

Falling in love, and ended up hating him. But years later, after meeting him again, you realize you never sto... More

01; Prologue
02; Him
03; Her
04; In an instant
06; Voices
07; Bringing it back
08; First Step
09; Taking the risk
10; Calls & Meetings
11; Introducing..
12; Lunchtime
13; Digging through
14; Beach
15; Beach Pt. 2
16; Emergency call
17; Boys Night Out
18; Sleepy Confessions
19; The morning after
20; Letting go
21; Boys Night In, Pt 1
22; Boys Night In, Pt 2
23; Band breakfast
24; Moving on
25; Surprise visit
26; Study date
27;Getting over you
28; Happy Birthday Tommy Pt 1
29; Happy Birthday Tommy Pt 2
30; After Party
31; Bath thoughts
32; Drunk on you
33; Night call
34; Always on my mind
35; Emotions
36; Taco Night
37; Finally
38; Realization
39; Facing it
40; Sorry,
41; Dreams
42; Emotions
43; Ruby
44; Surprises
45; Why can't we ever catch a break?
46; Opening up
47; Tolerance
48; Moving in
49; Proposal
50; Epilogue

05; 5 years later

69 4 5
By plainandbeautiful

5 years later

Calum is just walking on the beach with his shades on and cap, he is having a break from a writing session with the band in a studio in LA. They are working on their 3rd album, Calum success skyrocketed since they opened up for One Direction tour 4 years ago. They have travelled around the world, and got to hang out with one of the most influential boyband in the universe! Calum learnt alot about the music business and he got better in writing songs, things have been great for him career wise. Things have been going great with him but there has been some changes since that summer 5 years ago.

Since Shay, he got mad easily. A short temper. Everything just not right with him, he often disagrees with his bandmates about music arrangements. He still gets along with his bandmates, but he simply lost patience over the sillliest things like waking up in the morning, or fans waiting at the hotel entrance after he had a long tiring flight and even when he watches football. Especially when he watches football, that;s like his stressball where he would shout for no reason at all. That is why his bandmates likes to take him out partying and get drunk cause he's a happy drunk. He tells Luke that he loves him, kiss Micheal on the cheek and pat Ashton's butt and remind him what a daddy he is. He dances with everyone and when a pretty young lady treats him nice that night, he'll bring her back to the hotel room and enjoy the rack on that woman. He hasn't been with anyone, seriously. Just a few flings and one night stands, here and there, depending on which country he's in. He thought of Shay once in awhile when he feels lonely or whenever he pass through a bookstore. Things didn't end well with Shay, but Calum thought it was for the best. Both of them are going to two different paths and it would be hard to stay together, they could try but Calum didn't want to dissapoint her in the long run, that's a bigger guilt that he has to live with. Due to circumstances, both of them never talked after that. Neither of them made the first move to call or text, when Calum left that bedroom door in the middle of the night, that was it, the ending of a summer romance. Of course Calum never thought of Shay as a summer fling 5 years ago, Shay made him happy and because of that he loved her. But how that ended and what Calum felt after that, he can't help but too consider it as a summer fling because he just want to forget about it. 

The wind is blowing strongly and Calum holds on to his cap, and his phone rings. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and answer it without even looking who it is.

"Hello?"

"Calum, we have work to do. Where are you?"

"I know we have work to do, Micheal! But I'm taking a break! I'm walking on a beach for awhile!", he shouted as soon he know it was Micheal stressing him over songs that they have to write. They have a deadline. 

"When the fuck will that be? You're walking on a beach? Gettin' some fucking inspiration mate? We got a deadline, you're supposed to get inspiration before writing, not during!"

"I'll be back when I'm back, you're not my fucking dad!", then he ended the call. 

Within all the success, there's the stress. Calum love his fans, they are the reason why he has accomplished so much and he wants to do the best for his fans, so he always criticize himself in a major way where nothing gets done. Not only he has stress on himself, tha manager keeps on telling him to finish songs and with his bandmates constantly telling him to take anger management classes, they're not fucking helping. 

His phone dings of a text and it's from Luke,

Don't be a fucking dumbass and come back, please :-)

Calum locked his phone and shove it into his pocket, then he groan so loudly. To make things worse, the wind blows over his cap and it's flying away. 

"Seriously?!", he shouted. 

He chases his cap,and whenever he's an inch from the cap, it flys away again. When he finally catches the cap in his hand, he bites it out of frustration. As he raise his head, his eyes catches something familiar. A lady is sitting on a blanket and reading a book, that made his lips curved into a smile. Remembering Shay always had that effect on him, he gets to calm down and think rationally after that. Whenever he has a rough day, which is most days but when he really feels like he can't take it anymore, he sits on his desk and take this little, old book titled Little Women. He doesn't read it, he just need to hold it and look at it for a few minutes, then he doesn't feel angry anymore. His anger is manageable and he doesn't feel like punching a wall. 

He doesn't know why the wind is not being nice to him today, but as he pull out the cap out of his mouth, the wind takes it away again. He groans loudly and chase it again. Then he sees a little boy got a hold of his cap, "hold that for me please!", he shouted as he runs to the boy's position. 

As he reach to the boy, he puts his hand on his knees, catching his breath. Then he puts his hand on his hips and smile, "thanks, bud. I've been chasing my cap for 15 minutes now".

The boy handed him the cap and Calum take it and shove it in his pocket, hoping that the cap would stay put. "No problem, I catch it just in time before it hit my sandcastle", he said and pointing his sandcastle. It's just two lumps of sands but when you're a kid, even a mud puddle can be a frog kingdom. 

Calum just couldn't help looking at the boy's sandcastle and be impressed. So he decided to help him with it, "you want help with that?", he asked the boy and he opened his mouth like he has been offered a million bucks. "YAS!"

Calum chuckled and kneel down helping building this boy a sandcastle, and after filling the small buckets with sand and turning it over, place a few seashells on it, it looks not bad. It's still lumps on sand but it's towers of sandcastles. 

Then a voice appear from a distance, "Tommy! Gather your stuffs, we're going home now"

It sounded familiar but Calum could not wrap his head around it. 

"Okay!", the boy shouted back and he start gathering his little pails, spades and rakes. Calum handed him his red fishnet that must be a part of his beach toys. "Thank you". 

Then the lady come over and put his hand on the boy's head, "ready, Tommy? Are you disturbing this man?"

Calum stood up and he realised that it was the lady who was reading on a blanket but she has a cap on over her shoulder-length hair. "Oh no, I was helping him with his sandcastle", he said.

The lady turn to see the sandcastle, "it's nice". 

The little boy ruffles his hair, "I forgot my starfish over there"

"Hurry up and get it, Tommy", the lady said and Calum takes a glance on her and she has the tattoo of an open red book. 

"Shay?"

The lady adjust her cap to see who is this young man in front of him, "Calum?"

"Err..how you've been?", Calum could not believe who is infront of him right now. He ruffles his so hard to find the words to say. 

"I'm fine. You?", she asked nervously and looking over to look out for the little boy. 

"Good good. You look different, good different", he said and the little boy came back with the starfish in his hands. Shay holds the boy's hand and walk away in a fast pace. 

"I gotta go, it's good to see you again though", she said in a rushing tone. 

Calum is not gonna let her run away like that, he chased her to her car. "Shay! Shay!"

Shay did not respond to his calling, he just wrapped the boy in his car seat and the boy said, "you know my mummy?"

"Shit!", Shay yelled. 

"Mummy?!", Calum yelled too. 

"Mummy, you said the S word?", the boy makes a frown and Shay kissed him on the foreheaed, "I'm sorry baby".Then she close the passenger door and walk over to the driver's door and Calum follow behind her

"Shay, you had a child? When did this happen? Talk to me dammit!"

"Calum! I don't want to talk to you! So do both of us a favour and just go, okay?", she said with her hands between her and Calum. 

Calum take a look at that little boy and examine him. He has the same black hair as his and Shay's, his eyes are brown and round like his but he has long eyelashes like Shay's. He took a deep breath and have his head down, and when he raised his head to look at Shay, he asked her a question. 

"How old is the boy, Shay?"

"It's none of your business, Calum", she got into the car and before she shuts the door, the boy happily voice out his age. 

"I'm turning 5 next month!"

At the remark, Calum has his both hands on Shay's window. "Shay! We got to talk!". Calum is surprised and demand for an explanation. Shay lets out a deep breath because of his son's loud mouth, so she starts the engine and pull the gear. 

"Shay! You can't do this! If he is who I think he is, we have to talk. Shay!", Calum has been yelling his heart out to get Shay's attention but Shay didn't even look at him and drive away. 

"Shay!!". 

Calum is so mad at Shay's actions right now. A second there he thought that he has a chance to rekindle and catch up with Shay, but she has a lot more than just catching up. But now he has a complete different thing in mind, is Tommy his son?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Soooo, what do you think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
763K 17.3K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...