Ethereal ◆ Shoto Todoroki x R...

By carlyandcarson33

The perfect princess, soon to be the perfect ruler. It is your duty to find a husband and be a good queen. Y... More

1 | For the Kingdom
2 | A Good Queen
3 | Let the Party Begin
4 | Not Again
5 | Nightmare
6 | Goodbye
7 | Smile and Nod
8 | Closer
9 | The Past
10 | The Plan
11 | Playing Pretend
12 | The Royal Line Retold
13 | They Would Do Anything
14 | Purple is for Royals
15 | I'm not Pretending
16 | Ashes
17 | Warmth
18 | The City of Ash
19 | Done.
20 | Dangerous
20.5 | Not Alone (2k reads special)
21 | Please
22 | Pieces of a Bigger Puzzle
23 | Relax
24 | Change
25 | Allies
26 | Something to Him
27 | Explanations and Complications
28 | Awakened
29 | Tears
29.5 | Fears
30 | Questions
31 | Poison
32 | Denial
33 | Regret
34 | Betrayed
35 | Safe
36 | Leap
36.5 | Angel
Q&A and Poll
37 | Try or Die
38 | Proposal
39 | I'm Fine
40 | Save Me
41 | An Order
sneak peek + things
42 | Control
43 | Useless
43.5 | Relatives
44 | One Week Later
45 | Diary
46 | Memories
47 | Smile
48 | Not So Quirkless
a quick thank you
48.5 | The Prince's Question
49 | Fake Love & Forced Smiles
49.5 | Kill My Family
◆ Character Profiles ◆
50 | Secrets
51 | Scandalous
51.5 | One by One
52 | A Single Bean
53 | Temper
53.5 | Go Down in Flames
Ethereal's first fanart <3
54 | Blue Flames
54.5 | Together
55 | Watch it Burn
55.5 | Escape
56 | Help
56.5 | Advisors
57 | Life by Lightning
57.5 | Justice
Epilogue
Author's Note
Part 2 Preview | Requiem
The Blind King
Gone
Entry 1
The Beginning of the End
Entry 2
Trust Yourself
Entry 3
Not a Goodbye
Entry 4
Still With You
Entry 5
What if
Promise
I Want It
Entry 6
A Final Goodbye
Good News
Spread the News
Overseas
Plus Ultra
Falcon
Return
Not Again
Bloodline
Shard
Not Today
The Dead King's Heir
A Coward's Son
An Arrogant Prince
5 days later (200k reads special)
The Reveal
Names!
Decision
Guillotine
Traitor
Just a Queen
Compromise
For the Future
Sacrifice
Alive
5 years later
I Love You
Forever.
Author's Note
Many Years Ago (16k votes special)

The Future

5.4K 232 584
By carlyandcarson33

Part 2: Chapter 10 ◆

The Future

"To a rule full of happiness and peace," Tenya says, lifting a glass, "and lives long lived."

After dancing with Shoto, you returned to the palace with the guests, and now the sky is dark. 

Everyone lifts their glasses to Tenya's statement, laughing and cheering. King Todoroki sits at the head of the table, and to your surprise, he makes a joke.

"No throwing food this time around," he grins, looking at his plate.

"No promises," Shoto mutters, making everyone laugh. You're sitting by him and Hiro, with Takahashi next to him. 

You convinced your former guard to stay a little longer, for a last meal at the palace. After this, he'll go home to Kizuato. You try to distract yourself from the fact that he's leaving.

Aoyama is at the table, too, receiving praises for the beautiful wedding dress he made. 

As Yaoyorozu gushes over the tea and Queen Mitsuki scolds Prince Katsuki for feeding Kyuen table scraps, all you can do is smile.

Shoto suddenly stands, clinking a fork against a glass to get everyone's attention. He glances at his father, and the latter nods.

"Thank you all for coming here today," Shoto says, looking down the table, "and I would like to share something with you all. My father, King Todoroki, will be stepping down from the throne."

Even though you knew already, it still feels strange. People glance at the king and whisper, and for a second, the atmosphere is awkward and tense.

But you break the silence.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Everyone looks at King Todoroki, expressing their own gratitude and saying goodbye.

"Arigatou, King Todoroki."

"Osoreirimasu, your grace."

"Arigatou gozaimashita, Enji."

"Long live Enji Todoroki, and may he be in good health."

King Todoroki shakes his head slowly, his voice catching in his throat. "I don't . . . I don't deserve . . . after everything I—"

Shoto pipes up, speaking but not looking at his father. 

"Watashi wa anata o yurusu," he says, "I forgive you."

The room is quiet, but then Hiro claps, and it spreads. Soon everyone is clapping and smiling. 

"Hmm," Takahashi says, looking down, "I would clap, but I'm afraid I can't at the moment."

In spite of yourself, you laugh, and Hiro pats Takahashi on the back, Kyuen nudging at his arm. You take your glass, standing up.

"To the future!" You say, smiling at your husband, "To our future."

Everyone lifts their glasses in unison.

"To the future!"

You slip out of your wedding dress, stretching after the long day, and put on a more comfortable nightdress. You walk outside to the hallway when you hear a knock.

"Shizukana," you yawn, "what is it?"

"Uhm," he stutters, "th-the advisory wants to see you."

You tilt your head. "What for? It's been a long day, and I'd quite like to sleep."

"I'm afraid that's what it's about." Your guard says, walking off. You follow, racking your mind through your sleepiness. What could make such a serious guard like Shizukana so flustered and blushy?

You walk down the silent halls, listening to the beautiful quiet. You run a hand through your hair, feeling a simple sense of peace and happiness.

You're married to Shoto.

You're no longer a Mizuki, but a Todoroki. What could possibly make this better?

Once you've arrived at the advisory room, you wrap your arms around your body, feeling the stares of all the advisors on you. You blush in embarrassment.

But when you feel Shoto drape a jacket over your shoulders, you only blush more. 

"Thank you," you whisper to him. He only nods.

You clench your husband's jacket around you, glaring at the old men in the room. King Todoroki is also here, in the middle of all the advisors. You also spot Sobakasu.

"What is so important that it had to interrupt my peace?" You grumble, "It's been quite a long day, as I'm sure you know."

One of the advisors clears his throat, looking at you. "One of the reasons for this marriage is to ensure that the kingdom has a liable heir to the throne someday."

You blink. "Yeah?"

Shoto shifts behind you, and you look at him quizzically. 

You look around the room, and when you see Sobakasu blushing, everything clicks.

Oh.

"Consummation is only expected of royals after marriage," the old man says, and all the eyes in the room turn to the newly wedded couple, "to secure an heir for the future."

"No witnesses are required, but white bedsheets will be issued to ensure that the marriage has been fulfilled."

Ew. Okay. Um.

"O-Oh . . . Okay," you say, still relatively creeped out by the fact that a bunch of old men just told you to sleep with your new husband. Let's just say, you're very uncomfortable.

"The room will be readied," one says, nodding, "you are dismissed."

You glance at Shoto, whose eyes are wide and cheeks are red. 

Looks like he got the hint.

You take his hand carefully, leaning on his shoulder.

A/N:

Okay, guys, yes, I know that was the most awkward thing I have ever written, but I'm trying to be historically accurate, and, well . . . (time for a history lesson)

. . . back in the royal days, consummation was required between newly weds, to make sure that there would be an heir and to confirm the two kingdoms' alliance. But here's the catch: to make sure the new couple had sex, they would have people come in and watch them.

Yeah, I'm not about to write that. (they would also give them white sheets and check the sheets in the morning for blood)

So, we're going a little off track here, because I'm not. I'm not writing that. ew. gross. safjhdskdhkdlsjdjhdsgjhaskdasdhhfdsahfds

yeah, I feel bad for all the royals in the medieval times. yikes.

Also, next chapter won't be full on intense smutty lemon sex time with Todoroki, because no, I'm sorry, I'm a teenager don't make me write that

but there will be fluff and lots of kissing (possibly lime?)

so

yeah, if you don't like that kind of stuff, just skip the next chapter. Don't worry, I won't write anything important in there, just cuddle time, nothing really plot-relevent

sorry for the long author's note

love you guys

-Carly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.5K 60
Y/N L/N has a pretty powerful quirk and a dream to become a hero just like her older brother. She enters U.A ready to face anything but can she face...
1.6K 50 24
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...
142K 7.8K 42
"You done correcting me princess or do I have to look forwards to this for the rest of my life?" A story in which not everything ends up being as bad...