𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 | 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖒...

Від kitkatgram

She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slum... Більше

salvation
prologue
act 1. back from the dead
i. run, badger, run
ii. his little phoenix
iii. the descendants
iv. back to hogwarts
v. the courage to let go
vi. sir sorting hat
vii. the bloody quill
viii. a dallas choice
ix. uncle aberforth
x. defense against umbridge
xi. ron the keeper
xii. reunited with rubeus
xiii. the day of the phoenix
xiv. tears of fawkes
xv. empty your mind
xvi. warmth in winter
xvii. the quibbler effect
xviii. the flight of the dumbledores
xix. seeing through illusions
xx. the prophecy of the heirs
act 2. pain from the memories
xxi. meet the dursleys
xxii. the old potioneer
xxiii. weasleys' wizard wheezes
xxiv. encounters
xxv. the welcoming feast
xxvii. ogden and the gaunts
xxviii. tryouts for teams
xxix. truths and secrets
xxx. albus and tom
xxxi. quidditch and gits
xxxii. hurting revelations
xxxiii. the slug club party
xxxiv. sacred blood
xxxv. the minister's plea
xxxvi. a tampered memory
xxxvii. poisoned mead
xxxviii. the payment of refusal
xxxix. a sneaky badger
xl. splitting the soul
xli. a boy's troubles
xlii. cave of curses
xliii. attack of the mark
xliv. the rage of the phoenix
xlv. goodbye, dumbledore
act 3. warmth from the heart
xlvi. the aftermath of the breakup
xlvii. 7 potters and a dumbledore
xlviii. persisting feelings
xlix. his final will
l. love lingers
li. a wrong landing
lii. captain wolf
liii. sir gellert
liv. fate now known
lv. onto the next journey
lvi. holding on
lvii. the deathly hallows
lviii. potterwatch
lix. captured and tortured
lx. the strong muggleborn
lxi. the risky robbery
lxii. the dumbledores' secrets
lxiii. the army's bravery
lxiv. snape's dismissal
lxv. the lost diadem
lxvi. the tragic fates
lxvii. harry the horcrux
lxviii. the fulfillment of the prophecies
lxix. choices and prices
lxx. an otter's grief
lxxi. farewell, hogwarts
lxxii. rise from the ashes
epilogue

xxvi. potions masters

3.2K 180 90
Від kitkatgram

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"So that's why you were bloody when you came in." Deanna nodded in understanding after Harry told her the story on their way to class. She was in a better mood this day because she didn't have an encounter with Voldemort the previous night. "Someone was worried about you."

"Who?" Harry tried asking in an uninterested manner though the blush on his cheeks said otherwise.

"You know who..." Deanna said teasingly. "Starts with an N and ends with an Oah."

"Shut up." Harry gave her a light shove though his cheeks became a shade darker.

"Anyways, about Draco Malfoy. I'll keep my eye on him."

"Really? You believe me?" Harry asked with surprise. He didn't expect Deanna to believe him since both Ron and Hermione had dismissed his claims.

"Of course." Deanna patted his shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll find out that mission. Whatever it is."

"Thanks, Dee." Harry squeezed her hand in gratitude and the two of them went on their separate ways. Deanna to Care of Magical Creatures (since she already had her consultation with Pomona) and Harry back to the Gryffindor common room. 

As she made her way to Care of Magical Creatures, Deanna felt disgusted that Voldemort would even ask a student to do something horrible despite not knowing what that horrible thing was. She just knew that it was something bad, and hopefully, they could pull the young Slytherin out of the darkness before he surrendered to it.

"Hello, Rubeus." Deanna frowned when she saw that only she was there for the class. "Where are the others?"

"Yer the only one who continued for this year, Dee." The tone of Hagrid's voice was so heart-wrenching that it made Deanna pull the half-giant into a hug. She wondered why no one else signed up for this class when it was one of the most interesting ones, but she knew it was also because most students were focusing on their respective careers. She only took this class because she wanted to spend more time with her friend.

"Oh, it'll be alright, Ruby. We can have lots of fun just like the old days, yeah?" Deanna smiled widely once she saw a smile spread on her old friend's face. "Now, come on. Show me the whole lot of magical creatures we've got today."

"Come on." Hagrid lifted her up on his shoulders, making Deanna squeal and chuckle at the sudden action, but despite that, she was just happy she put a smile on her friend's face. Hagrid deserved only happiness and Deanna would give him just that.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Deanna waved to the trio of Harry, Ron and Hermione as they stood at the queue for the dark and gloomy classroom of Defense Against the Dark Arts, courtesy of the equally gloomy Snape.

"Inside," said Snape when he stepped into the corridor. Deanna exchanged glances with Ernie, Susan, Hannah and Justin before they followed the others inside and damn, it was just as dark as Snape's personality. The only source of light were the candles, and the portraits of people in pain weren't helping lighten up the atmosphere.

"I have not asked you to take out your books," said Snape, closing the door and moving to face the class from behind his desk. Deanna bent her head slightly to hide her smile at the sound of the book dropping behind her. That was so Hermione Granger. "I wish to speak to you, and I want your fullest attention."

Now, Deanna was wondering why she even got an Outstanding in Potions because she could never focus when Snape was teaching. She soon tuned out Snape's voice and started scribbling on her paper, occasionally looking up when she thought Snape would look at her and occasionally listening when Snape mentioned the Dark Lord.

When Snape called them to stand up and jinx each other, Susan was about to ask Deanna to be her partner when she saw what Deanna had scribbled on her paper. A heart with "DD + HG" inside and feathers decorating the outside of the heart.

"Deanna, I know you're very much in love, but we still have class," said Susan teasingly. Deanna was about to protest when she noticed what she had just written and blushed while avoiding Susan's teasing glances.

"Stop it." Deanna whined, making Susan laugh even more and lead her friend to a space in the room while explaining what they had to do. None of them saw how a certain Gryffindor was pouting because she wanted to ask a certain Hufflepuff to be her partner.

Minutes soon passed, and Deanna was slowly improving in using non-verbal magic. She managed to use the Shield Charm without a word but it was still too weak for Susan's Stunning spell.

"Protego!" A shout from the other side of the room made Deanna and Susan stop and look at the scene where Harry's Shield Charm knocked Snape off his feet.

Standing up, Snape scowled at Harry. "Do you remember me telling you we are practicing nonverbal spells, Potter?"

"Yes," said Harry stiffly.

"Yes, sir."

"There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor."

Deanna bit her lip to prevent herself from chuckling and her friends had the same expressions on their faces. Harry was a hero indeed.

"Detention, Saturday night, my office," said Snape. "I do not take cheek from anyone, Potter... not even 'the Chosen One.' "

When they went out of the classroom, Deanna immediately ran to Harry, Ron and Hermione with a grin on her face. "You were amazing, Harry."

"Thanks, Dee. It was worth the detention." Harry smiled appreciatively.

"Come on, Harry." Ron started pulling the Chosen One away as he sent a wink to Hermione who blushed slightly when she noticed how Deanna was smiling at her.

"Where are you going next, Mione?" Deanna took the pile of books in Hermione's hand.

"W-Well, I have Arithmancy next." Hermione cursed herself mentally for stuttering, but how could she not stutter when Deanna Dumbledore was in front of her, acting like a girlfriend? "Why do you ask? I mean, I'm just curious."

"Is it okay for me to walk you?" Deanna asked shyly, making Hermione's heart skip a beat at how adorable she was being. Hermione nodded with a grin that spread uncontrollably on her face. The two witches started their walk while talking about the most random things. None of them saw how a certain Slytherin was watching them with a gaze of longing. Why did it have to be Hermione Granger of all people?

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna!"

Deanna turned around and saw that it was Justin who had called out to her. "Hey, Justin."

"I just wanted to ask when you would be holding Quidditch trials." Justin asked with hope in his voice.

"I'm not sure yet. I'll ask the other Captains when they would be holding trials." Deanna patted him on the back. "I'll post an announcement soon."

"Okay, thank you!" Justin ruffled her hair and ran away. Deanna chuckled and started on her way down the hall. She was just wondering about what Snape had said in their previous class. Inferi, the Dark Lord. Her thoughts drifted back to Voldemort and she let out a sigh. She just hoped it wouldn't happen again. She didn't want him to get into Hogwarts again no matter what.

"Hey, Dee." Ernie came up beside her, startling Deanna. "What's your next class?"

"I've got Potions left." Deanna said after checking her schedule. "How about you?"

"We have the same schedule then. Come on." Deanna let Ernie pull her to the Potions classroom with a small smile on her face. She remembered that it was Slughorn who would be teaching. Indeed, it would be just like the old days.

"Ah, Miss Dumbledore!" Professor Slughorn greeted cheerfully when she and Ernie came into the classroom. "And you are?"

"Ernie MacMillan, sir." Ernie said with his chest puffed out, making Deanna bite her tongue to hold in her chuckle.

"You're almost late, Deanna." Slughorn raised an eyebrow but the amusement was clear on his face. "I see nothing has changed."

"Ah, I wouldn't be the Angelic Ariana if I was early, Professor." Slughorn laughed at her remark and let her and Ernie sit down. Deanna was extremely happy that she and Ernie had to share a table with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Deanna took a sniff of the potion inside the cauldron and she smelt the familiar smell of roses, old books and parchment.

"Now then, now then, now then." Slughorn started walking around. "Scales out, everyone, and potion kits, and don't forget your copies of Advanced Potion-Making..."

While Slughorn had directed Harry and Ron to get their books and scales, Deanna took another whiff of the potion, the smell was addicting her and reminding her of someone. She just couldn't pinpoint who that someone was.

"Now then," said Slughorn. "I've prepared a few potions for you to have a look at, just out of interest, you know. These are the kind of thing you ought to be able to make after completing your N.E.W.T.s. You ought to have heard of 'em, even if you haven't made 'em yet. Anyone tell me what this one is?"

Hermione raised her hand immediately when Slughorn pointed at the cauldron near the Slytherin table. Slughorn gestured her to answer. "It's Veritaserum, a colorless, odorless potion that forces the drinker to tell the truth."

"Very good, very good!" said Slughorn happily. "Now," he continued, pointing at the cauldron nearest the Ravenclaw table, "this one here is pretty well known... Featured in a few Ministry leaflets lately too... Who can — ?"

Hermione's hand was fastest once more. "It's Polyjuice Potion, sir."

"Excellent, excellent! Now, this one here... yes, my dear?" said Slughorn, now looking slightly bemused, as Hermione's hand punched the air again.

"It's Amortentia!"

"It is indeed. It seems almost foolish to ask," said Slughorn, who was looking mightily impressed, "but I assume you know what it does?" Deanna felt proud that he was seeing how brilliant Hermione was because that was the truth. Hermione was really the Brightest Witch of their age.

"It's the most powerful love potion in the world!" said Hermione.

"Quite right! You recognized it, I suppose, by its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen?"

"And the steam rising in characteristic spirals," said Hermione enthusiastically, "and it's supposed to smell differently to each of us, according to what attracts us, and I can smell fire embers, grass and chocolate —" But she turned slightly pink and did not complete the sentence.

Deanna's eyes widened at that. Love potion? What attracted a certain person? So that meant... it was Hermione's scent she had smelled? So that was why it smelled so familiar, but her heart fell slightly. Who smelled like fire embers, grass and chocolates? Who was it that Hermione liked?

Hermione couldn't meet Deanna's eyes and the teasing gazes Harry, Ron and Ernie had on her were not helping at all. Was it too obvious? Would she know by now that Hermione was deeply in love with her? She just felt relieved that she didn't finish her sentence because if she finished the words chocolate milk, she was finished.

"May I ask your name, my dear?" said Slughorn, ignoring Hermione's embarrassment.

"Hermione Granger, sir."

"Granger? Granger? Can you possibly be related to Hector Dagworth-Granger, who founded the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers?"

"No, I don't think so, sir. I'm Muggle-born, you see."

"Oho! 'One of my best friends is Muggle-born, and she's the best in our year!' I'm assuming this is the very friend of whom you spoke, Harry?"

"Yes, sir," said Harry.

"Well, well, take twenty well-earned points for Gryffindor, Miss Granger," said Slughorn genially. Deanna smiled slightly at that and Slughorn noticed how she smiled, making him curious and wonder if Deanna Dumbledore had someone else in her heart now.

Hermione turned to Harry with a radiant expression and whispered, "Did you really tell him I'm the best in the year? Oh, Harry!"

"Well, you are the best." Deanna mumbled under her breath, but since she and Hermione were only inches apart, the Gryffindor heard it and she blushed slightly at that.

Slughorn continued explaining about Amortentia and that liquid luck, Felix Felicis which was the prize for this lesson, but Deanna was just pouting because she was wondering who did Hermione like. She did say she would tell Deanna if she liked someone, but Deanna didn't know why Hermione did not tell her now.

"Come on, Dee. We have to make the potion now." Ernie nudged her out of her thoughts. Deanna nodded mindlessly and started making her potion. Ernie exchanged glances with Harry and Ron who had the same thoughts in mind. Deanna was thinking about who Hermione liked, and they didn't know why she couldn't understand that it was her. They had one oblivious friend indeed.

Deanna didn't have any luck with her potion at all, but she tried her best to make it as the book had said so. She realized that cutting the beans had not done anything at all, and she decided to crush them instead with her knife, the technique proving to be better than cutting. Deanna remembered who told her to do that and shook her head. Enough of him. But at least, the potion turned lilac.

Deanna cursed mentally because she accidentally made a clockwise stir but to her surprise, her potion started turning pale pink. So, she did it again after seven counterclockwise stirs, and her potion started becoming clear as water.

"How are you doing that?" Deanna heard Hermione say to Harry who had a potion of pale pink. She heard them arguing and glanced at Hermione whose bushy hair turned even bushier, and her potion was still the same shade of purple. Deanna leaned in close and used her thumb to remove the smudge on Hermione's cheek. Hermione blushed at the sudden contact.

"You had something there." Deanna smiled and went back to her potion, leaving a blushing Hermione who tried her best to focus on her potion but could not keep her eyes off the Hufflepuff who had good results.

"We have the same paleness of the potion, Dee." Harry whispered to her. "Did you have the same instructions?"

"What do you mean?" Deanna asked in confusion. Harry had the same confusion and he showed her his book, making Deanna's eyes widen. She showed him her book but her book did not have the same instructions.

"I think I got mine by pure luck." Deanna whispered back to him, making Harry chuckle.

"And time's... up!" called Slughorn. "Stop stirring, please!" He started walking around the classroom and peered into the cauldrons. When he finally arrived at their table, he smiled ruefully at Ron's cauldron, passed over Ernie's potion and nodded approvingly at Hermione's.

"Ah, excellent, excellent, these two!" Slughorn shouted cheerfully. "The clear winners indeed. You've inherited your mother's talent, Harry my boy. And you've never failed to meet my expectations, dear Deanna. Here then, you two share one bottle of Felix Felicis as promised."

"You can have it." Deanna handed the bottle to Harry.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked incredulously. "Who knows? You might need the luck one day."

"Don't worry." Deanna winked at him and made her way out of the class with Ernie, ignoring the incredulous looks the others had at her. Ernie was just smiling widely and congratulating her because he knew how his friend was a genius at Potions. Deanna was just that type of student.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

16.4K 547 20
When Janet Lupin travels back in time to prevent the effects of the Wizarding war in the future, saving the countless lives the war has taken and try...
305K 8.6K 42
In which a Weasley falls in love with the daughter of a supposedly wanted mass murderer. "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢�...
56.4K 1.5K 69
(I recommend you don't read unless you want to cringe) this is the story of emily black. her choices, her love, father, deaths, friends, life after H...
198 30 22
We all perfectly know the magic story about the "boy who lived". We all love this magical world and its unique characters. We all rejoiced at their v...