Ethereal ◆ Shoto Todoroki x R...

By carlyandcarson33

The perfect princess, soon to be the perfect ruler. It is your duty to find a husband and be a good queen. Y... More

1 | For the Kingdom
2 | A Good Queen
3 | Let the Party Begin
4 | Not Again
5 | Nightmare
6 | Goodbye
7 | Smile and Nod
8 | Closer
9 | The Past
10 | The Plan
11 | Playing Pretend
12 | The Royal Line Retold
13 | They Would Do Anything
14 | Purple is for Royals
15 | I'm not Pretending
16 | Ashes
17 | Warmth
18 | The City of Ash
19 | Done.
20 | Dangerous
20.5 | Not Alone (2k reads special)
21 | Please
22 | Pieces of a Bigger Puzzle
23 | Relax
24 | Change
25 | Allies
26 | Something to Him
27 | Explanations and Complications
28 | Awakened
29 | Tears
29.5 | Fears
30 | Questions
31 | Poison
32 | Denial
33 | Regret
34 | Betrayed
35 | Safe
36 | Leap
36.5 | Angel
Q&A and Poll
37 | Try or Die
38 | Proposal
39 | I'm Fine
41 | An Order
sneak peek + things
42 | Control
43 | Useless
43.5 | Relatives
44 | One Week Later
45 | Diary
46 | Memories
47 | Smile
48 | Not So Quirkless
a quick thank you
48.5 | The Prince's Question
49 | Fake Love & Forced Smiles
49.5 | Kill My Family
◆ Character Profiles ◆
50 | Secrets
51 | Scandalous
51.5 | One by One
52 | A Single Bean
53 | Temper
53.5 | Go Down in Flames
Ethereal's first fanart <3
54 | Blue Flames
54.5 | Together
55 | Watch it Burn
55.5 | Escape
56 | Help
56.5 | Advisors
57 | Life by Lightning
57.5 | Justice
Epilogue
Author's Note
Part 2 Preview | Requiem
The Blind King
Gone
Entry 1
The Beginning of the End
Entry 2
Trust Yourself
Entry 3
Not a Goodbye
Entry 4
Still With You
Entry 5
What if
Promise
The Future
I Want It
Entry 6
A Final Goodbye
Good News
Spread the News
Overseas
Plus Ultra
Falcon
Return
Not Again
Bloodline
Shard
Not Today
The Dead King's Heir
A Coward's Son
An Arrogant Prince
5 days later (200k reads special)
The Reveal
Names!
Decision
Guillotine
Traitor
Just a Queen
Compromise
For the Future
Sacrifice
Alive
5 years later
I Love You
Forever.
Author's Note
Many Years Ago (16k votes special)

40 | Save Me

11.9K 484 580
By carlyandcarson33

VOTING RESULTS (as of 12/28/20, when I woke up):

Stroll through the village - 6 votes

Horseback riding - 5 votes

Picnic - 3 votes

OTHER -  (courtesy of @luminousardwolf)

I fee like it would make everybody happy, and it gave me a brilliant idea so thank you

Thank you guys for voting!!

What about all three?

You smile, a glorious plan forming like always.

What if you rode horses to a picnic, then strolled through one of the nearby villages?

With permission, this time. Wouldn't want another person being mindlessly thrown in the dungeon.

But, oh, the weather is perfect, as if designed for such activities! A cloudless sky, little wind, and a smiling sun shining down.

A romantic encounter it shall be! 

You promise yourself, clenching your fist in determination. You will make Shoto smile. Laugh. 

Perhaps a kiss or two?

You blush at the thought, squealing. You haven't had much time to fangirl over your newfound fiancé, after all. Fangirling is much deserved for a prince like him. 

Genes sure have aligned perfectly, haven't they?

You can't imagine what would've happened if you had married Iida or Momo; or, even more un-imaginable, marrying Bakugou. That blonde hedgehog could never match what you feel for Shoto. 

You love him.

Oh, how you wish you could shout it out to the stars, let the whole kingdom know. Who could've imagined an arranged married could've lead to this?

You sigh, straightening your dress and calling Takahashi inside your room.

He must be rattled from the attack as well. You can only imagine losing three friends. They trained together to become guards. His smile saddens your heart, feelings of euphoria fading away.

Your guard peeks in your room, his voice unwavering, yet there's a tone of undeniable sadness:

"Yes, your Highness?"

"How is the king doing? Any progress?" You ask him, leaving your room and entering the hall.

"Honestly," Takahashi sighs, "the kingdom is sort of a mess currently. The king has been getting better, but his advisory is collapsing. They're falling apart without Duke Callahan."

"I see." You fiddle with your hands. "Is there perhaps a way me and Shoto could go on a little trip?"

"I'm afraid that wouldn't be such a good idea," the guard says, turning to you, "with the attackers still at large and multiple people missing. . ."

"I understand," you sigh, "but is there any way?"

"Well, actually," he smiles, "maybe if Shoto could sort this all out, then. . .?"

"If you can sort out the advisory until the king feels better, then they can focus on finding the person who attacked you that day in the courtyard," you explain to Shoto, leaving out the part about the surprise trip. "You are the king's son, so surely they shall respect you more than me."

The king's advisory is a group of men, formerly led by Duke Callahan, who help him make decisions and arrange things like treaties. 

Shoto sits with you in the garden, considering the idea. "Okay, I'll try it. I'm not sure what could be causing so much trouble, though."

And so, you're in the advisory room, standing behind Shoto while he tries to calm down the advisors.

They're arguing, waving their hands around like animals. They haven't noticed Shoto or yourself.

There's about six of them, normally seven, but Duke Callahan isn't here. . .

"Excuse me," Shoto tries to say, but not loud enough. 

You clear your throat. If they won't listen to him, you'll make them.

"EXCUSE ME--!"

They all stop moving, turning their heads in shock. Eyes widened, they all bow, in perfect sync despite their fight moments before.

"Your Highnesses?" One steps forward. He looks the youngest; the only one in the advisory not fifty years old. He looks your age, actually. Freckles dust his cheeks.

"What's with all the ruckus?" You ask sternly. "Grown men should not behave this way. Especially not the men of the king's esteemed advisory."

"Callahan left us this!" One of the older men shouts, still angry, "That bastard!"

Shoto frowns. You nudge him, urging him to speak.

"Do you men know anything of the Duke's betrayal?" Shoto asks. You can sense his nervousness in the presence of the angry men.

"Betrayal?"

Whispers fly through the room. Brows furrow, and a paper is thrown to the front of the room.

You catch it in your hand, glaring at the same man who threw it.

Freckles apologizes. "Oh my gosh, your Highness, I'm so sorry he's just angry--"

"Please," Shoto interrupts, "instead of recklessly and hopelessly expressing your anger through paper, why don't you speak like the man you're expected to be? Or are you not worthy for your position in the advisory?"

The older man grits his teeth. "Duke Callahan was no traitor. He was an idiot, sure, but that man didn't have the balls to defy that hot-head Todoroki."

Shoto's gaze hardens. "I assume you must be very close to the king to refer to him that way. The king who is currently delirious and hysterical. Kind of disrespectful, don't you think?"

He shrinks under Shoto's eye, correcting himself. "Bless his Majesty and may he be well soon."

"That's better."

The six men are fidgety. Only the youngest apologizes.

You un fold the paper ball that was thrown at you. You recall what the old man said: "Callahan left us this!" he said.

The paper reads, in sloppy handwriting:

тнє кιηg ιѕ ιℓℓ. уσυ мαу ησт ѕєє мє ƒσя α ωнιℓє. ιη тнє мєαηтιмє, тαкє єχтяαναgαηтℓу gσσ∂ ¢αяє σƒ му ∂αυgнтєя.

Why does such a short note anger them so much? And the Duke has a daughter?

You read it to Shoto: "The king is ill. You may  not see me for a while. In the meantime, take extravagantly good care of my daughter. Why is it worded so strangely?" You ask him.

Shoto turns to the six men before him. "What about this angers you so? Although he knew he was leaving. . .how can that be? He was a traitor for sure."

Freckles steps up. "Well, you see, the Duke had said something odd before he left. And now he left us this note. . .you must understand, we all have nothing to do with the attack on the castle, but, well, we fear we might've interpreted his note incorrectly."

"What do you mean?" 

"There's a secret message in the note," Freckles says, "the Duke always liked puzzles. . ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 13.4K 16
You have a fire quirk, the exact same as Shoto's. How will he react when he first sees you? What will you say to him? How do your paths intertwine? T...
979K 30.8K 57
Princess (Y/N) (L/N) is the daughter of the (L/N) kingdom and is considered to be 'outgoing and weird', but that never really bothered her. (Y/N) lik...
142K 7.8K 42
"You done correcting me princess or do I have to look forwards to this for the rest of my life?" A story in which not everything ends up being as bad...
19.8K 679 17
"If you love someone, you dont hesitation to push the person away, if it meant they were happy." Marriage is often described in books and movies as "...