๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š: Abeyance ||...

By _TheDarkOnyx_

****REWRITING IN PROCESS**** A thousand years ago, seven stars sat illuminated in the night sky, surrounded b... More

Disclaimer&Cast
[*Author's Note NEW*]
[*Prologue - Part Two*]
[*Chapter One*]
[*Chapter Two*]
[*Chapter Three*]
[*Chapter Four*]
[*Chapter Five*]
[*Chapter Six*]
[*Chapter Seven*]
[*Chapter Eight*]
[*Chapter Nine*]
[*Chapter Ten*]
[*Chapter Eleven*]
[*Author's Note*]
[*Chapter Twelve*]
[*Chapter Thirteen*]
[*Chapter Fourteen*]
[*Chapter Fifteen*]
[*Chapter Sixteen*]
Thank you! A/N
[*Chapter Eighteen*]
[*From Me To You A/N*]
[*Chapter Nineteen*]
[*Chapter Twenty*]
[*Chapter Twenty-One*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Two*]
[*Back A 1000 Years - Flashback*]
[[Trailer ๐Ÿคฉโ™ฅ๏ธ]]
[*Chapter Twenty-Three*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Four*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Five*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Six*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Seven*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Eight*]
[*Chapter Twenty-Nine*]
[*Chapter Thirty*]
[*Chapter Thirty-One*]
[*Update*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Two*]
*[Chapter Thirty-Three]*
[*A Thousand Years Ago - Flashback*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Four*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Five*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Six*]
[*There Goes The Neighborhood - (Damon's flashback)*]
[*Chapter Thirty-Seven*]
*Please Read!*
[M*Chapter Thirty-Eight*]
[M*Chapter Thirty-Nine*]
[*Chapter Forty*]
[*Chapter Forty-One*]
[*Their Protectress - A Thousand Years Ago- Flashback*]
[*Authors Note*]
[*Chapter Forty-Two*]
[*Chapter Forty-Three*]
[*Chapter Forty-Four*]
[*Chapter Forty-Five*]
[*Chapter Forty-Six*]
[*The Aftermath of Darcella's Death - Flashback*]
[*Chapter Forty-Seven*]
[*Chapter Forty-Eight*]
[*Chapter Forty-Nine*]
[*Chapter Fifty*]
Author's Note
[[*Hey Guys!*]]
[*Chapter Fifty-One*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Two*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Three (NEW)*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Four*]
[*M Chapter Fifty-Five*]
Author's Note
Yes...another Author's note ๐Ÿ‘€
[*Chapter Fifty-Six*]
Authors Note (New)
[*Chapter Fifty-Seven (New)*]
Quick Question
Yes... I'm still alive.
[*Chapter Fifty-Eight - NEW*]
[*Chapter Fifty-Nine - NEW*]
[*Chapter Sixty- END*]
[*Thank you and More*]

[*Chapter Seventeen*]

5.4K 164 14
By _TheDarkOnyx_

A present from me to you! Happy Holidays!! 🎁✨

Caroline and Elena chatted as they headed to the first class of the morning, pushing through the school doors the brunette couldn't help but ask about the ongoing fight the blond was having with Bonnie.

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked, from what her sister said, the two had a big fall out.

"No. I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move."

"Be the bigger person." She said as they treaded through the crowded hallways.

"Impossible in her presence."

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Elena rolled her eyes at the blondes typical stubborn fashion.

"She's a thief. That's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle... Didn't Darce tell you what happened? I mean, she was there."

"You know Darcy she won't stick her nose where it doesn't belong unless it involves her, or the fam."

"True, where is she anyway? She's normally here by now." Caroline said, pondering where the spicy girl was.

Elena shrugs, keeping her gaze ahead. "I don't know she's been acting strange past few days, in and out of the house. I'm not sure what's going on with her these days."

Blue eyes narrow in worry for her friend. "Do you think she's gonna run away again...I mean, she did the same after your parents died."

Elena frowns thinking back to when Darcy would disappear for hours, they weren't sure where she would go but often came home appearing dishevelled, similar to now, only this time she's taking Jeremy with her. And that's worrying because the last time they practically ran away to their families cabin. "I don't think so, well, I hope not."

"Also, where's Stefan?" Caroline asked upon noticing my lack of attention.

"He's avoiding me."

"Why?"

"It's complicated." Tension seeped into her voice. "I'll see you later."

"Bye." She called as Elena scurried down the hall.

Stopping at her locker, she grabbed her books and paused, looking down the corridor and saw Tyler was walking towards her.

"Elena, hey um...have you seen Matt?" Tyler asked as they stopped beside her.

"Uh, yeah he was outside. Why? Is everything okay?"

Tyler nodded. "Yeah, he just, it's just that he hasn't really talked to me since the whole Vicki thing."

She tensed, cursing her sister for putting her in this position. Darcy's usually the good one when under pressure. "Oh, well I hope you guys can figure something out." Closing her locker, she turned to face him.

"Yeah, me too." He said. "What's your first class?"

"History." Seeing as they had the same class, they decided to walk together.

Arriving at the classroom, Elena walked in and sat down in the middle aisle, Tyler two rows over, Caroline came in next and sat down next to her, then Matt, he sat by Tyler. Furrowing her brow, she looked around for Darcy and Stefan only to find their seats empty. Where were they? Darcy is never late for school, or any classes. Bonnie rushing in and looking flustered, distracted her from her thoughts, she hastily sped-walked to her seat on the other side of Caroline.

"Are you okay?" Elena mouthed concerned about her frazzled state. The Bennett witch nodded, turning her vacant stare to the front, as a man walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Good morning, everyone. Alrighty," New teach started. "Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here from 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston." Darcy raised a plucked eyebrow thinking no one asked for a lifestyle. "Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grand-father, I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce 'Al-ric', but it's 'A-L-A-R-I-C', okay. So you can call me Ric. I'm your new history teacher."

💜🖤💜

(Meanwhile...)

A slender clenched hand repeatedly banged on the big broad brown door; numerous curses left plump red lips, voluminous inky curls swished-swayed as the lithe figure wobbled, purchasing balance. The door opened indigo met icy blue, and a leather-clad arm swung back launching a black six-inch stiletto at the smirking-cocky-bloodsucking-leech before anything unpleasant left his devious mouth.

"Ahh, what the hell?" Damon said, caught off-guard, feeling the sharp heel dig into his chest.

Two arms pushed him back from the archway, "Move asshole. I'm here to kill your brother." The huntress said, sliding gracefully around his well-built physique. Stopping at the carpeted stairs, she spun back feeling him breathing down her neck.

"That wasn't very nice," Damon said with a pout on his plump pink lips.

"Neither was you killing Lexi, but here we are," Darcy said shrugging unaffected. "Where's Stefan?"

"He's in la-la land." He answered with faux sweetness.

She didn't reply as she turned and bolted up the stairs, kicking off the other killer shoe as she went. Approaching the closed bedroom door, the angered woman pushed the handle down slowly and cracked the door, enough of a gap for her to slip through.

Stefan laid on his back, arms behind his head, sheets rested at his naked waist. Seeing as his eyes were closed Darcy stealthily crept as quiet as she could across the room to the bathroom, walking in her gaze swam around and lit up seeing a clear jug, filling it up with cold water she entered the bedroom, Damon had now joined. He was sitting beside his brother, being his pestering self as usual.

"What are you doing?" Damon mouthed, seeing the determination on her face.

She tapped a polished black finger to her lip, signalling him to be quiet. Sponge Bob fluffy socks padded effortlessly across the wooden flooring, stopping at the side of the bed, near the bunny munchers bed-ruffled head.

'Aww.' He looks so peaceful and relaxed, probably because he's not running around after his murderous brother. 'What a shame.' Lifting the jug, she tipped it over his head, icy water drenching his face and torso.

Not moving from his side. Darcy watched with glee as Stefan launched upright, gasping in shock, limbs flying all around. Her lips twitched as Damon fell off the bed from laughing too hard.

"AHHH! Damon!" Stefan yelled, feeling pissed. His angry glare rested on the said man who was hysterically rolling around on the floor. When he gathered himself, he sat up, shaking his head as slightly amused snickers evaded his shaking form.

Damon raised his arms in surrender. A smirk pulled at his sinful mouth as he jerked his head beside Stefan. "Wasn't me, brother."

Stefan frowned turning to the side meeting with a pair of slim hands enclosing around his neck. He froze, the last thing he saw was Darcy's devilish grin, a sharp resonating crack filled the area, followed by the vampire crumbling on the mattress like a sack of potatoes. "Oops."

"Holy shit. You snapped his neck." Damon exclaimed jumping to his feet, staring down at his brother in shock. He wasn't expecting this grand show this morning, turning to the girl who's made a lasting impact on him, finding her already exiting the room and walking down the stairs calmly as nothing had happened.

Being the curious soul, Damon sped after her and into the kitchen where Darcy was preparing to make herself a mug of coffee like she's been here her whole life, instead of a month ago. "Why'd you do that?"

"He deserved it." She shrugged sipping her now made hot drink, taking a sip and humming when the rich liquid slid down her throat, warming her seams. "Should have been you, though."

A whooshing sound filled the space. Stefan appeared in front of Darcy, face devoid of emotion. "That was uncalled for."

She scoffed slamming the mug on to kitchen counter, ignoring Damon's whining about it being fine China. "No, what was uncalled for was waking up to a voicemail saying 'Hey Darcy...uh I'm uh... leaving Mystic Falls. Thought I'd say bye before Damon and I go...Uh bye.' No explanation, nothing. So, be glad you were temporary dead and not actual."

Damon choice that moment to open his mouth, he tore open a blood bag draining the contents, a spare was on the bench in front of him. "I agree, that was a shitty thing to do."

Darcy's socked feet squeaked on the tiled flooring as she whirled around hands slapping on the stone side, leaning forward, getting into Damon's face, eyes shining furiously. "It's your fault! If you didn't go around killing people, none of this would be happening." Feeling a bit immature, not that she gave a crap, she snatched the second blood bag he was preparing to hand Stefan as a peace offer and sashayed over to the sink. A callous grin surfaced when the blood dripped down the drain as she kept eye contact with the smug asshole.

When Damon remained sitting, the huntress pouted at his act of carelessness. His own sinful grin grew, dark brows wiggled. "I was going to offer it to Stef anyway." Peeking at Stefan's unimpressed face. "All right, I'm sorry."

Stefan wasn't having any of it. He sidestepped Darcy flashing her a pleading look for forgiveness; he received a blank stare in return. Damon flashed in front of him. "Step aside, please." He said as he tried to avoid him and the smell of blood breathing around the kitchen.

"No, listen. I got the town off our back. It was for the greater good, but I'm sorry. And to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on a human for at least a week." A snort sounded behind him. "I'll adopt a Stefan diet, only nothing with feathers," Damon said, wrinkling his nose.

"Leave the poor bunnies and Bambi's alone." Darcy quipped. "Stefan tortures their innocent souls enough as it is." She hopped up on a high stool reclaiming her coffee.

"Cause, I realise that killing your closest and oldest friend." Darcy coughed. "Not including Darcella. Is beyond evil, and yet it is worthy of humour," Stefan said imitating Damon.

"Are you mimicking me?" Damon asked, amused.

"Yes, Stefan. Now that the secret society of vampires is off our back, I can go back to my routine of how can I destroy Stefan's life this week." Stefan continued as if he were Damon.

"And I can go back to sulking and Elena-Darcy-longing and forehead brooding." Darcy burst out laughing spraying liquid on Damon's bare arm. He looked from his arm to her red cherry face unenthusiastic about the loud cackles tumbling from her mouth, then turned to his brother when there was no point telling her to shut up, she'll just continue in spite. "This fun. I like this."

"And I will finally reveal the ulterior motive behind my evil and diabolical return to Mystic Falls."

"Yeah, I'm done. That's just like you, Damon. Always have to have the last word." Damon finished as Stefan left the room, an unhappy Darcy trotting behind him.

Stefan motioned her to follow him to his bedroom while he got ready for school. When the door shut, olive green globes shone with remorse. "I'm sorry Darce, I'm doing what I think is best for all of us. Me being here isn't safe; death follows wherever I go, Damon follows wherever I go. I can't put that hurt on you or Elena."

Darcy crossed her arms, a defiant look on her face. "Have you not thought that you leaving would cause us more pain?"

"But after time you will forget about me and move on with your life."

"Yeah? And what about Elena? You've brought back that spark of life in her eyes. It will devastate her if you go. Hell, I'll be crushed if you go." She doesn't tell him the internal pull she has towards him, ever since he stepped foot in Mystic Falls she's had a protective instinct towards him, or when he gets hurt it feels like an arrow piercing her heart. It's not just him either, but Damon and Bonnie too.

Bonnie told her about the dreams she has been having of her old ancestor Emily. And each night she'll end up at the remains of the old Fell's church before then waking up in the woods. She thinks it's to do with the necklace Damon and Caroline have been trying to get back, ever since wearing the chain, the dreams started. Grams had said Emily was a powerful witch way back in the civil war days and the orange necklace was, in fact, a witch's talisman.

Darcy has a sense something ominous is coming soon; she can't say why or how she knows this, but it's itching, lighting ablaze to the inferno. And like the protectiveness towards the vampire brothers, it's the same with the witch too. That's why she's hardly been at home, dragging Jeremy to what he thinks are archery classes, when in truth they are training, training for the unknown.

But until then the protectress will be waiting and watching.

"Have you even told Elena you're leaving?"

From the look of awkwardness, Darcy already knew the answer. Throwing her arms up, she let out a sarcastic laugh. "Oh, that's just great! Fricking fracking fantastic! Well, you know what. You, Mr Salvatore, are gonna get your sexy-ass to school and tell her the delightful news yourself."

Stefan's eyes widened in alarm, he stepped forward, holding her arms. "No, please. Wouldn't it be best if I left without saying anything?"

Tugging on his arm, grabbing his leather jacket and backpack off his desk, she drags him out the room, down the stairs past a smug Damon whom waves wittily with his fingers. Darcy continues pulling Stefan along, ignoring his whines begs and promises of all the coffee in the world. She stops at her peril parked car, wrenches the passenger door open and shoves him in the car, closing it in his brooding face. Rounding the vehicle she gets in, starting the engine and backing out of the long driveway.

"Aww, don't pout it'll give you wrinkles, Steffy."

💜🖤💜

Arriving at Mystic Falls high, Darcy find a space in the lot before killing the engine and plucking out the keys and tossing them in her bag. Turning to her moody companion, she sighs sadly catching his immediate attention.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked.

Nodding, "Yeah...Just if you do really want to leave, I won't stop you." Getting out and locking the doors, her vampire best friend follows after her as they cut across the lawn. Darcy stops spotting Elena and Bonnie talking on the sidewalk. "I don't know about my sister, though."

Shrugging her bag further up her shoulder, she smirks and pats his back. "Good luck, you're on your own."

Then she's off jogging through the halls, she's already missed the first lesson and doesn't plan on missing another if she wants to graduate this year, pausing seeing Jeremy waiting outside the history classroom. "Hey, Jer. What are you doing waiting here?"

Baby Gilbert turns his gaze away from the closed classroom door. "The new history teacher wanted to see me after class."

"New teacher?"

"Yeah, Mr Saltzman."

"Oh..." The door opens, revealing a broad, tall brunette middle-aged man standing in the doorway.

Jeremy steps forward. "Hey, Mr Saltzman. I'm Jeremy Gilbert. You wanted to see me?"

Alaric nods motioning him to enter, then paused seeing the short dark-haired girl standing next to him, watching him with an intensity that brought a shiver down his spine. "You are?"

Holding out a slim, delicate-looking hand, the teacher accepts. "I'm Darcy Gibert, Jeremy's sister."

"There are three sisters?" Alaric asked, confused, he thought there were three Gilberts.

"Oh, no. I'm Darcella, but prefer Darcy."

Alaric nods closing the door behind them. "Great you're here then. I need to talk to both of you." He sits behind his desk, picking up a brown folder. Looking over at Jeremy, he flapped the thick wallet. "You know your old teacher had a jackass file? No joke. It has all the troublemakers, even you Darcy."

She sniggers amused. "Really? I'm not even surprised; he's always been a dick."

"Yeah, look here."

"No way, let me see." She skips to his side, peering over his shoulder and chortles, seeing the multiple times her name inserted in the file: fails to co-operate, rude, vile mouth, bully. "What an ass."

Alaric chuckles faintly at her comment, then shifts his attention back to Jeremy. "Don't worry about it. I'm not him. We can have a clean slate. Now, let's talk about grades."

"I know it's been a rough couple of months, but I've been trying to turn them around," Jeremy said.

"He has, I've been helping him catch up," Darcy commented, returning to her brother's side, perching on a table.

"I saw that but the problem is, we're halfway through a semester and, after half a fail is still pretty bleak, this is the part where you say to me "But what can I do to change that?" I'm glad you asked. How do you feel about extra credit?" Ric asked, his gaze sweeping over the siblings. "Your sister can help; she can get extra credit for her help."

Darcy and Jeremy glance each other pondering the suggestion, the nodded. "Yeah, yeah, totally. Whatever." Jeremy said, smiling.

"Good. Write me a paper then."

"Okay...About what?"

"History. Pick a topic. Keep it local, and no Wikipedia regurgitate. These old towns have a rich history. So, just get your hands dirty, make it sing, and you're back on track. Deal?" Alaric said as he stood up and walked around his desk.

"Yeah. Deal. That's a cool ring." Jeremy said, catching Darcy's attention as Alaric twisted a navy blue ring around his finger. Her gaze widened recognising the type of ring, heart pumped erratically, a hand absently rubbing her chest.

"Oh, thanks. It was my fathers. A little garnish, but family." Turning to the door, uncomfortable with the subject. "You know, you got a week." He said as the sister and brother duo made their way to the door, ready to leave. As Jeremy passed through, Darcy paused on the threshold; her icy azure eyes held Alaric's gaze before sweeping down to the ring on his hand. Another shiver racked down his back. "Goodbye, sir. Thank you for giving Jeremy another chance."

"Yeah, no worries, don't sweat it."

A nod and another flicker to the band, the huntress left leaving the new teacher's heart racing in anticipation.

~

Another chapter will be up for New Year's Day! ♥️

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 11.3K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...
52.5K 1.4K 38
โ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž. ๐ˆ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ. ๐€๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž. ๐‡๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐. ๐”๐ง๏ฟฝ...
58.2K 1.4K 42
The Quarter is quiet. Marcellus controls the vampires. The wolves live like outcasts in the Bayou. The Witches have a rocky peace with the vampires. ...
2M 49.1K 181
(currently editing) "Before he met her he was nothing but a cold heart" [BOOK ONE OF ARIA CONNOR SERIES] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 1 - 8] STARTED...