Chapter 63 ~ 'Did you touch my mate?' - Part 1

AN/ Earlier update ;) this should deserve a vote!! ;)

*Image above is mine! Do you like it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Did you touch my mate?' - Part 1

Without further ado, Mirko was returning to the Underworld... For the second time in one day.

His skin still tingled where had touched his mate, as if to remind him how he had failed to protect his other half... How he had found her in that cell, in the most despicable place on earth.

Mirko could almost imagine his own father mocking him from underground, among the worms with bellies full of his putrid flesh. Tiberious's black soul whispered that a Black Devil Alpha was, is and will always be destined to be alone....that what had happened to Elena was an omen....that Mirko did not deserve a soulmate.

Shaking his head to bury memories from his past in the place where they belonged (the past), Mirko could not afford to think about his beautiful mate, otherwise he would rush back to the hospital.

All that unfortunate event would not have occurred if Mirko or Craken had not given her all the freaking time in the world and marked her right away. Without waiting for her to announce it to those annoying parents, who already knew about them from the very beginning. Without trying to be a good mate... Patient and respectful. Two adjectives that had never got along with Mirko.

His whole body was aching for revenge. His primal instincts needed the sweet smell of spilled blood.

Part of him knew that Elena inside the Underworld was no coincidence. Someone had locked her down there on purpose, hoping that she would get crazy or, worse, raped or torn to pieces.

Revenge was the only feeling Mirko could or wanted to embrace at the time being.

Blood flowed frantically into his veins like a raging river under an evil storm.

Once he reached the Underworld's level where the cell was located, the lingering smell of Elena invaded his nostrils. He had to stop and concentrate to avoid losing his mind. The Alpha was standing on the edge of a ravine... The ravine of madness and bestiality. He could have fallen into it at any moment, but he knew very well that it would not be an easy ascent to climb back and return to the lands of normality.

When Mirko reached the destination, he found his Gamma and Beta just as he had left them.

Equally angered by the way their future Luna had been treated, they were ready to cheer and watch their Alpha destroy, rip apart, and send corrupted souls into the eternal fire of hell.

'Beta. Go investigate what the fuck happened at the border last night and wait for me right there.'

Crucifero nodded, without taking his eyes off the floor, and left.

Just to warm up and release some of the steam that was about to blow up the volcano, Mirko broke the necks of the two guards who had been placed there to guard the cell of his mate. Mirko did not even bother to interrogate those dirty beetles. Simply, he snapped their heads off with such an ease and inhuman precision, as if he had done it so many times that his reflexes had memorized the act perfectly.

Then, his stormy eyes focused on the Wretched... The wolves of the Underworld.

There were 5 of them, standing still like gargoyles and staring at their Alpha. And those were the only witnesses Mirko needed.