Chapter 57 ~ Revelations

!!!! CLEANSE YOUR KARMA BY VOTING!!!! 

I swear it works, especially if you vote every chapters ;)

*picture above is mine :) Do you like it? <3

Elena POV

Since I was a little girl, I had heard all sorts of stories about mates and how we werewolves needed them to keep our beasts at bay. And how we required the other half to be happy. And how we started loving our mates in a noticeably short amount of time.

Now that I had finally found mine, I realized how far all those stories were from reality. All inaccuracies and falsehoods.

Because the truth was much, much more.

In fact, I did not need my mate to calm my beast.... Mirko was a necessity without which all of myself would no longer be able to live.

In fact, I did not require my other half for me to be happy ... I required him to function.

My love for him did not grow in a short period of time ... I simply fell in love since the first day I laid eyes on him.

I never, ever imagined that my mate was the Black Alpha. I never, ever imagined the indescribable feeling of marking him, one of complete satisfaction that reached the roots of my soul.

Oddly, that day Mirko had seemed even bigger and more frightening, with a dark aura hovering over his powerful figure. Chills ran down my skin every time his intense gaze had rested on me during the insane conversation with my own father.

When Mirko decided to leave, I felt disappointed and hurt.

Was he angry that I had marked him without warning him? Why was he leaving? Did he hate my parents? He seemed too nice with my dad ...

My hormonal side wanted my mate by my side. My bestial side wanted him to mark me.

"Mirko! Wait! I-"

"Let him go Elena" My father spoke in a low tone, grabbing me by the arm. In the meantime, my mate stopped at my words, and I could not help but notice how tense his shoulders were and how hard he breathed. Disappointment washed over me when he did not turn to look at me. After another heavy second, he simply walked away, disappearing between the trees without any noise, like a black shadow.

"But-"

"We have to talk. You and me." His face was unreadable, with a certain glint that I could not decipher.

Taking a deep breath, trying to keep Titilas from running after our mate, I turned to face the Alpha of Full Moon.

"Of all places, you had to mark him right here, in your human aunt's garden." He said bluntly, raising an eyebrow.

Sure, it was not exactly the best idea since aunt Diletta could have appeared at any moment and noticed my sharp canines busy piercing Mirko's neck.

"I'm surprised he didn't mark you back. Or mated with you." A hint of stupor and amazement transpired from his serious voice, as if this situation had never happened to him or he had never heard of.

"The guy is stronger than what the legends assumed"

Remembering that this wolf in front of me was none other than my own father, not just a friend, I tried to change the subject ...

"When I met your mother, I wasn't patient at all. Just a week actually- "

But I was not fast enough!

"Dad!" I covered my ears, humming a random song to avoid absorbing details about my parents' sexual life.

"And I have to say, I respect him more for that." Alpha Giacomo ignored my protests and continued.