Chapter 78A ~ Very Nasty Hare

AN/ Picture above is not mine :) But it gives an idea of the chapter :D

In the middle of the gloomy forest, amidst toothed dangers and biting vegetation, were two happy werewolves. Wild nature respected them since they were a valuable part of it, adding to its brutality. The two were left in peace, in their fluffy love cloud, while all around prey and predators fought for the continuous battle for survival, against the inclemencies of life.

Elena and Mirko, not yet ready to share each other with the rest of the world, decided to stay another night and let their wolves free for a while.

As soon as our girl completed the shifting, Titilas immediately pounded on Craken, licking his muzzle, and whining all the time, like a needy she-wolf, almost embarrassing Elena for those bold actions.

Craken was her mate and hers alone, and Titilas had no inhibitions and didn't believe she should have any.

Shortly thereafter, she started running around him in circles like a possessed animal, while Fluffin just sat there on his hind legs, looking at her the whole time with eyes overflowing with total adoration, completely whipped and under a spell.

When Titilas wasn't satisfied with his reactions, she started attacking him from different directions playfully. Craken just sighed and lowered his head. The large snout placed between the front legs.

He looked up at Titilas and sighed again, a puff of air escaping his nose, rising in the chill of the night. His electrifying blue eyes followed her, unblinking, filled with so much love that Elena felt guilty for how much Titilas was tormenting him.

The scene was comical. The she-wolf did everything and more: from biting his ears with a bark, to licking his whole face, from top to bottom, to jumping on his back, poking his hips and everything a hyperactive kid would do. Meanwhile Craken simply stood still, letting her do whatever she wanted.

As an outside spectator it would have been a sight of no small importance: the Black Alpha's beast, bigger than any other wolf ever crossed the planet, the only one heard by the Wretched, the leader of the Underworld, the one who killed Alpha Tiberious, was lying there with his jumping mate, whose size was 4 times smaller, her fangs a toothpick compared to his razors, her bones so delicate he could have snapped them with a blow, alpha blood or not.

Suddenly, Titilas froze; her ears pricked up and head shot to the right. Something had caught her attention, or perhaps she was bored by her mate's lack of reaction. And Craken, who didn't like at all that she stopped playing with him, had raised his head and was looking at her expectantly.

He seemed sad that she had stopped bothering him like a mosquito.

'Mirko! Is he pouting?'

'Apparently' Mirko snorted, making her giggle. 'Did you give your wolf drugs or something?'

'I think it's your closeness' she chuckled, adoring Craken and his sweetness.

Titilas snarled at something, hind legs raised and forelegs down, tail motionless, head lowered, in the position a wolf ready to pounce. And she did. She ran towards Craken, leaped over him and then dashed off into the woods, chasing whatever she had sensed.

The rustle and loud trot told her that her mate had followed her.

Craken didn't try to catch or stop her, he just ran beside her, occasionally peeking at her to make sure she wasn't planning any tricks or disappeared to return to the fairyland where she came from (according to him).

Titilas was chasing a nasty hare. The she-wolf had always enjoyed those rodents and had a lot of fun going after them, but above all, she wanted to capture the succulent animal for her mate. That day, however, somehow she got distracted, perhaps because of the majestic werewolf next to her, and so the hare disappeared into a burrow, making her bite into the dust instead of its flesh.

When she stared at the hole in disbelief, her face morphed into a pout, before returning to the clearing with her ears down.

'Come on Titilas, it doesn't matter if we missed it. We're still full after we ate that moose.' Elena tried to heal her wolf's wounded pride.

'I wanted to catch it for mate. So he can be proud of me.' she whimpered again, sadness and frustration radiating from her.

Speaking of mate, he couldn't be seen anywhere.

'You see? Mate hates us now.'

Elena, struggling to hide her laughter, was about to suggest to follow his scent when the black wolf appeared from across the clearing. Sometimes he could be so silent, people could have mistaken him for a walking shadow.

The she-human swooned a little seeing the wolf and her heart, for the umpteenth time, was filled by sugary sweetness. Covered in mud, several sticks stuck in that fluffy fur, leaves and grass between his ears, Craken looked hardly scary at that moment.

But what had made Elena throb were the two dead hares dangling from his mouth.

With a light trot, he approached Titilas and dropped the rodents near her paws and looked at her expectantly. When Titilas didn't move, he pushed the furry things towards her, with his muzzle.

'Where did you go to catch those rabbits?' Elena joked through their mind-link and giggled as she heard Mirko grumble. 'You better not know. 'Fluffin' here didn't want to give up.' Surely with their gigantic size, capturing microbes like those hares was not an easy task.

'I just don't understand what she finds in these mice. They don't have a thread of meat '

Elena laughed at hearing Mirko's uncovered thoughts, mumbling with himself.

Still, they shared the hares happily, before Titilas started hopping and pestering her mate again.

At one point, when it was time to sleep, and Titilas was still very hyper and giving no sign of stopping, Craken finally barked at her and trapped her, careful not to hurt her. That time, surprisingly, the she-wolf listened, without protest, and simply snuggled into his side with a tiny whimper, hiding her head in his mighty neck. Probably because she needed some pampering from her mate.

And so, Craken and Titilas fell asleep under the stars that smiled at them, with his head above hers, protectively... more from the cold than from enemies who would never have dared to touch the mate of the werebeast.

AN/ Next update next weekend ;) Please vote!! <3

How do you like Crack and Titti?! XD

Love you all!!

Read final chapters of the book on Patreon, together with Book 2, 40 bonus episodes about Elena, Mirko, Marco, Cruciero and 15 mature unrestricted side stories! :D

Also, first 52 chapters of my other werewolf story "Along came a mate" is available on Patreon! 

Link to sign up below:

https://www.patreon.com/ladytrex