Chapter 47 ~ I Will Come For You

Mirko is here!

Slapping her face as if to check she had not fallen asleep and was dreaming, Elena rushed towards the window like a madwoman, almost tripping on the carpet.

The night reached its deepest and darkest moment, that fatal time where bestial predators were lurking in the misty forests, waiting for unsuspecting victims.

Outside, everything looked completely still, and, if it had not been for that smell that she would have recognized among a myriad of others, Elena would have gone back to bed.

Apparently, Mirko was a king in hiding his scent, though he was unable to camouflage it with her. One more perk that came with the 'mates' package.

When a familiar shadow appeared right outside the window, Elena covered her mouth, to muffle the exclamation of astonishment that escaped her lips. Unwanted sensations invaded her body and mind.

It was hoped that he could not identify her intense redness in all that darkness because surely the drum that was her heartbeat could be perceived from miles away.

When Elena partially recovered from the shock, her hands moved to release the window's hook, being careful not to make any suspicious noises. After all, the pack was full of werewolves, including Rex, who boasted one of the finest hearing among all, and his room was right under hers.

Leaning forward and glancing down, Elena saw her mate.

The moon poured its silvery light on him, illuminating that face as beautiful as feared.

Mirko seemed the most relaxed person on the planet, as if he had not just climbed five floors and as if he were not hanging there, with one hand clinging to the ledge of the wall and the other gripping the railing. As if he were not in a foreign territory where he had just entered without permission and where its warriors hated his guts.

"Hello again" He murmured with a husky voice as he jumped in with an agile and precise leap. Each time she was amazed to see him move like a formidable predator.

Once inside, Mirko stood up and ran a hand through his raven hair, as usual flexing those muscles... the cause of so many distractions.

Staring at each other for a few seconds, as if they had not seen each other for weeks instead of a few hours, the two mates stayed still.

When his glowing eyes began to roam over her attire, reality kicked in.

"Mirko! Don't look at me!" She squeaked mortified, realizing that her hair was an indomitable hay ball, that she wore an old pajama with smiling mushrooms on top and that her eyes were probably bloodshot from lack of sleep.

Luck for her, she had taken a shower before, although suspected she needed another one as soon as possible considering how hot her body felt.

Chuckling softly, Mirko gently removed those little hands from her face.

"You look..." He trailed off.

"Fantastic" His mate ended the sentence sarcastically.

He wore an amused expression before flickering the end of her nose at her cheeky comment.

"I was going to say cute, but sure. Fantastic it is." He bit his lips to hide a growing smile. though that wild predatory glint never left his eyes.

"You told me just today you were always going to be honest with me" She grumbled, hugging herself. Unable to resist any further, Mirko yanked her closer, trapping her in his arms.

"And I am."

Before she could formulate a response, his lips crushed against hers with that sly smile still plastered there. She let out a soft whimper, unaware of the effect she initiated on him.