Chapter 48 ~ Date Night # Part 1

PLEASE VOTE EVERY CHAPTER GUYSSSS! It will make your karma amazing ;)

Would you survive a date night with Black Alpha?! I would not!!!

#above Craken catching the deer ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elena POV

"Do not be nervous!" Marco chuckled embracing me. "Mirko is your mate! He is made to love you!"

"Please tell me!" I implored for the umpteenth time, grabbing his arm. His hyena laugh made my eyes roll. Again.

"No way. I was ordered by my future Alpha not to say a word!" He ended the sentence pretending to zip his lips.

I frowned deeply and then smirked. "And I am your future Luna and I want to know what Mirko has planned!"

The hesitation took over for just a second. After all, it was Marco. The king of winning verbal battles. "No, you're my best friend, and you always will be before anything else. And now you need a nice make-up to cover those horrible dark circles!"

I groaned, noticing his perfect and well-rested face. Obviously... since he had access to his mate 24/7.

"I won't spoil your date. It is a surprise! Now, up, up! Go away!" He waved at me with his hand, motioning me to leave his almost ex-bedroom.

"I'm going to Black Devil with Cruci shortly. So that your alibi is well covered." He paused dramatically. "Send me a message if you're really going to sleep at our house after your date." He wiggled his eyebrows, nudging me playfully.

Marco had been on my tail all morning, teasing and poking my poor me relentlessly. I also saw Crucifero make a kind of lip movement that resembled a smile. Fortunately for me, Rex was not at home, busy with one of the special training sessions for future Gammas. As per Giulia, she said she was sick, so stayed locked up in her room all day.

I had already decided to tell my parents about Mirko after the celebration in honor of Marco and Crucifero. So, I lied about my plans for the evening, telling them that I would have dinner in Marco's new place and that I would spend the night there.

Technically it was not a total lie since I really planned to sleep there after the date...

~~~~~~~

Some Time Later

Mirko and I would meet at the northern end of my pack, along the border. And I was late.

I cursed my mother's curiosity and endless questions, and I was annoyed at my father's last-minute call, asking for help with a document he had already arranged on his own.

'Very well! Be late for your first official date! Way to go!' I muttered to myself as I ran as if I had fire on my shoes.

Suddenly two strong arms grabbed me by the waist, blocking me.

Mate!

"Where are you racing off to so fast?" Mirko asked with a glint of amusement in those heart-stopping eyes.

"Hi" I breathed out.

"Hi" He whispered against my ear, hugging me tenderly on his chest.

Taking a step back to regain control, I noticed how beautiful Mirko really looked tonight. He was wearing dark jeans and a blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his sharp elbows. I could clearly see the muscle definition under the shirt and those tree stumps like legs.

But it was his dark blue eyes that held my gaze the longest...

I was thrown out of my trance when his stare wandered over my body..

"You are-" His Adam's apple bobbled up and down, "You look beautiful"

I bit my lower lip, while I felt the familiar warmth spread on my cheeks.

Mirko's eyes clouded as he entwined his fingers with mine. "Let's go." He swallowed, looking away.

We walked in a semi-comfortable silence, making small talks from time to time. My guts suggested that I was not the only one who was nervous.

Mirko had refused to let go of my hand even for a moment, while I was dragged into unknown lands, with foreign trees and paths that I could not recognize.

When we reached the bottom of what looked like a steep rocky slope whose end I could not see, Mirko halted. My questioning gaze only increased when I saw him crouching down, resting his elbows on his knees. Before I could ask what the hell he was doing, he looked at me over his shoulder.

"Elena, get on my back." He paused for a second. "I will be our transportation."

"What?" I snorted as his body stiffened. "Why?"

"Think of me as the perfect combination of a white horse and prince." His embarrassed face turned into an amused one noticing my hesitation.

"Why can't we go in our wolf form?" I pressed, looking at Mirko completely confused.

"Well," He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I don't think your paws are able to climb those rocks and even if you could, I would never let you do it." Towards the end of the sentence he shot me a stern look.

"Do we really need to go up there?"

But sensing his discomfort, I decided to trust my mate. Besides, I was dying to know what he had planned.

As soon as my legs and arms surrounded his body, Mirko started climbing.

The flexing of his hard muscles and the ease with which he moved on that rough and hostile surface, with me wrapped around him like a backpack, amazed me immensely.

"No need to choke me," he chuckled at one point, placing a peck on my wrist as I was clinging to his neck.

"Sorry" I blushed but without diminishing my grip.

When we finally reached the top, I jumped off his back, taking in the surroundings....

My eyes widened in surprise and a small gasp escaped my lips from the sight in front of me, while Mirko watched me intently.

There was a small clearing with pines and other evergreen trees. Someone had placed a square table with a circular hole right in its middle, from which sparks rose from a crackling fire that illuminated the area. Two wooden chairs stood next to each other, decorated with beautiful wildflowers that gave off a scent of pure nature.

Cute fairy lights had been wrapped around the tree branches above the table, adding a magical touch to the atmosphere.

Everything was located right next to what looked like a... frozen river?

"How-what-" I was mouth-opened.

Mirko reached out and brushed his fingers against my cheek.

"Do you like it?" He whispered with hesitation, shifting on his feet.

"Is that an...ice ring? Or better, an artificial frozen river?"

"Marco told me how much you like to skate, so ... I built a frozen path that turns around that group of trees and returns right here. I never skated but I thought hey why not" He laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

I could not believe my eyes. My heart squeezed so hard that I felt it stole my breath.

Did Mirko do all this? All for me?

Without thinking, I threw myself on him, wrapping my arms around his neck. Mirko caught me straight away, effortlessly.

Ignoring his surprised expression, I grabbed his face and kissed him passionately. It did not take long before he returned the kiss with a low growl.

When we broke away due to lack of air, I looked at him, straight in those cloudy eyes.

And unable to keep it still inside, I uttered those words that had blossomed in me since the first day I met this perfect man.

"I love you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The image above is not mine. Copyright not intentional