Chapter 54 ~ Perfect Timing

AN/ Fasten your seatbelts, loves ;) 

And don't forget to vote and add the book on your  library, please! :* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aunt Diletta was a little shorter than me, the resemblance between her and my mother was intense, although there were some important differences. Her familiar blond hair was as short as that of a military man who follows a stiff life, and she did not bother to dye it. A very careful observer would have noticed the perennial shadow of sadness that hovered over her. The loss of a daughter was a tragedy that no one in the world should ever face, in this short life that we are forced to live. Icing on the cake, her husband died of lung cancer, without even knowing his daughter, since when he left this world, Diletta was 7 months pregnant.

My mother and I were all she had left.

As Mirko suspected, my aunt went straight to him, hugging him tightly and ... ignoring me.

If she had not been my dear aunt, I would have cut off her arms immediately. My wolf side was becoming more and more possessive with each passing day, screaming at me to mark him.

"Dear Mirko! I am so glad you came back!" she beamed at him as he returned the smile. Mirko had grown fond of her too.

"So do I" he admitted as he gave me a sly smile that implied a "I told you so". Rolling my eyes, I shook my head and hugged my aunt once she shifted her attention to me. "Should I be offended, aunt?"

"Oh come on Elena" She patted me lightly on the shoulder "No need to be jealous of my new nephew"

New nephew?!

What had happened ?! When, and how?!

Still dumbstruck, Mirko dragged me after my excited aunt, who was babbling about how she had prepared a special vegan cake made with homemade apricots. She had a lovely garden full of fruit trees that kept her busy and happy. And so, Mirko and I found ourselves sitting outside, while Aunt Diletta was in the kitchen preparing snacks.

"So." His smug expression said it all.

He looked at me before a grin climbed his face.

"Shut up" I snorted, crossing my arms.

With a sexy giggle, Mirko grabbed my hips, lifting me up and placing me on his knees. As if I weighed nothing.

Immediately afterwards, he began to lower his face towards mine, with the intention of kissing me. But I turned my head to the side, and his lips kissed me on the cheek instead.

"Uhu-hu!" I shook my finger in front of his face.

"No kiss in my aunt's house, mister! She could come back any minute! "

He snorted like a kindergarten boy.

"I swear to the Goddess, mate, you will make me lose my head sooner or later," he said softly as I moistened my lips. His eyes followed the path of the tongue. His jaw tightened, his eyes flashing black.

I surrounded his neck with my much smaller arms.

"Am I?" I asked gnawing on the inside of my lip.

The flat look he gave me answered the question.

"So are you telling me that you can't handle me? Do I require too much work?" I made fun, a little brazen, placing my nose on his. All the feelings of love were embodied in this werewolf.

The air left my lungs noticing his lusty look.

A heartbeat later, out lips collided. No chance to react.

All my good intentions had been forgotten and I did not realize I reciprocated the kiss.

I tangled my hands in his hair as he deepened the kiss with a small groan.

"What were you saying mate?" He murmured after a while, as his hungry mouth moved over my neck and then up, nibbling at my ear.

A whimper escaped my lips when his teeth brushed against my sensitive skin. "I don't know," I replied stupidly as my breathing accelerated more and more.

Meanwhile, he looked at me for a few moments, his eyes overflowing with possessiveness.

A second later he slammed his lips against mine again, pressing our bodies together. I found myself lifted off the ground and I automatically surrounded my legs around his hard chest.

The surge of electricity from the contact made both our hearts beat in tune, our bodies on fire.

His hand travelled everywhere while the other supported me. Our tongues fought for dominance as they twisted and sucked each other.

The need to mate became unbearable, the need to mark him was consuming me ... Without thinking, without hesitating, forgetting about my human aunt inside the house, forgetting about the impending chat with my parents, I broke our kiss, moving my mouth on his neck ...

My fangs suddenly came out as Titilas, my wolf, howled and growled in my head, surfacing.

Mirko must have sensed the change in energy as he called my name quizzically.

And without wasting another second, without listening to the voice of reason, losing the battle against my instincts, I pierced his neck.

And I marked him.. forever mine ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound produced by Mirko had never been heard before. A mixture between a hoarse moan and a wolf snarl. Elena felt a crazy wave of energy running from top to bottom, her soul had changed, and the bond had intensified beyond absurdity. A certain part of his body struggled to free himself, poking at Elena's thigh...

His breathing became so heavy and his grip almost painful. When Elena looked at him with clouded mind and hooded eyes, as she wiped her blood off her mouth, his face was half shifted, his eyes shone with a dark light and his fangs were fully on display. Matching hers.

"Elena"

It seemed more like a threat or perhaps a warning. Craken was trying to take control, to mark his soul mate, and mate with her right there, while Mirko struggled to contain his wolf. And himself ...

Regardless, Elena would let him do whatever he wanted at that moment ...

"Well, well, well...!" A familiar voice crept into her foggy brain, but she ignored it.

"Are we interrupting something?"

And, like a bucket of ice water, Elena came out of the trance, as the blood froze in her veins.

With her heart stuck in her throat, she looked over her shoulder, with mouth wide open, to two new people who were at the door.

Her mother and father were standing there, holding hands. Her aunt was carrying a tray full of sweets, whistling. Unaware of what was about to happen...

Luna Elisa had a smile wider than her own face, so bright as to illuminate the whole city, while Alpha Giacomo wore a poker face, difficult to detect whatever was going through his head.

There were only two things that Elena realised simultaneously:

They did not seem surprised by the scene before them.

Mirko and Elena got caught.

And what a perfect timing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN/ Read COMPLETED BOOK (80 chapters in total) in my Patreon's page! Together with the beginning of the second book (sequel), the bonus chapters, & my new werewolf story "Along came a mate"!

Link to sign up below:

https://www.patreon.com/ladytrex