Chapter 29 ~ Her Bladder

Elena was sitting on the edge of Marco's bed, her hand holding his much larger one. Talking nonstop for the last 30 minutes, while Rex and Marco were strangely silent.

As for Giulia, the girl had gone to the bathroom and Rex had accompanied her, returning shortly thereafter. Alone.

Apparently, her bladder must have been very full since the girl had been absent for almost an hour. She had probably gone to look for more food as her stomach had always been a bottomless pit.

In the meantime, Marco and Rex were lost in their own private worlds. Both focused on an oblivious Elena. Both searching for answers. Lately, Elena, their beautiful best friend, had become an unsolvable riddle.

'Why has Elena tried to defend Alpha Mirko from his crazy Beta?' Rex was musing over and over the event. 'Since when had they become so friendly to each other?! What did I miss?!'

Besides, he still hadn't been able to talk to her about the possibility that she'd found a mate! So busy embedding Lord Skull's refugees in their pack, with all his dating with his girls and then Marco's awakening, Elena and Rex had even skipped their weekly special Monday night. And it had been the first time ever, since Elena and Rex had never missed one. Dedicated to their friendship, it had always involved catching-up with each other, large quantities of food, a movie and basically some alone quality time.

Rex had to make sure they would recover soon.

Memories of how Alpha Mirko kicked Riccardo and his scary face at Riccardo's offensive words about Elena flashed in Rex's head.

And how furious he had been.

Pinching the back of his nose, Rex realized that he had lost everything Elena had been talking about so far. Unlike Marco, he did not have the ability to think of something, listen to someone else and assimilate everything, all at the same time.

On the other hand, Marco had pretended to listen carefully to Elena who was blabbering about everything he had missed since the accident and coma: the incorporation of refugees into their pack, Lord Skull's Alpha in prison for a long slow death, Luna's Elisa new roses, and blah blah blah!!

'Would she just get to the point and tell me if she is screwing Black Alpha?!' Marco scoffed mentally, rolling his eyes.

But was it possible that Elena had succumbed to the wonders of sex and hormones before such a fine piece of meat that was Black Alpha?!

'Crap!!! What if she is really screwing Black Alpha????!!!!!!' He yelled to his wolf.

But that would have been impossible, because Elena, his prude friend, was keeping her virginity for her....mate!!!

'Was Black Alpha her mate?! Could such a thing even be possible?! My little angelic best friend mated to that hunk?!'

A beast that was insanely hot and sexy. If you liked the huge wild man, of course. Ever since Marco had met his mate, the other folks were just blurry faces of little importance, but hell! He still had eyes, and could appreciate a hot stallion when he spotted one! And Alpha Mirko was the definition of hotness, although Marco preferred Crucifero.

'Holy S*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could she even take him in??? Considering his size, the beast must be massive down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Marco's thoughts were a crazy whirlwind, despite on the surface he seemed super relaxed.

Suddenly, Elena stopped talking, with the mouth pursed in a thin line.

"What's wrong with you two! Are you even listening?!" She questioned, arching an eyebrow, unaware that she had been the spotlight inside their heads so far. "Am I boring you so much?!" She pouted, peeling her hand off Marco's.