Chapter 45 ~ Unbearable Separations

Surprise Chapterrrr!! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note about Black Devil Territory: When you are inside Black Devil, you cannot mind-link with wolves from other packs unless you are officially part of the pack itself. That's why Luna Elisa was unable to mind-link Alpha Giacomo, or why Marco had to call Elena on the phone in chapter 38, when he asked her where she was.

Elena POV

The organ in my chest that was once called "heart" had become a slave, beating under the command of its master: my mate.

In fact, the piece of meat depended completely on my mate's behaviour.

Mirko and I hadn't met for a while? The organ hibernated.

Mirko about to kiss me? The heartbeat stopped, dead, only to be reborn with new life straight after.

Mirko was approaching me? The silly flesh accelerated madly.

And so on.

I admitted that I had to allow my organ a break from my mate and give my brain time to retake the reins. Staying in his strong arms and kissing him did nothing but cloud my mind as my hormones celebrated wildly.

As I walked away from Mirko, I took a narrow path that meandered among pines and bushes.

Mirko's sturdy footsteps could be heard behind me as I felt his eyes burning holes to the back of my head.

"Just give me a minute alone please?" I mumbled without looking at him.

A weak gasp escaped my swollen lips when I felt his warm breath fan the back of my neck. He was so close. I swear all the hair of my body stood up, craving for his touch.

"We are in the territory of Black Devil and you are unmarked." He drawled in his signature husky voice. The word 'unmarked' burned with some hidden emotions.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight."

I took a deep breath to calm my rising pulse, understanding his concern before my feet moved forward again.

I had barely been able to walk a few meters when his large hand grabbed mine. Sparks broke out instantly.

My mouth curved into a small smile as his fingers intertwined with mine.

As I turned back, our eyes locked for a brief, nerve-shattering moment. The rest of the world stopped, waiting and trembling under the intensity of our exchange.

The unfamiliar surroundings were gloomy and mystical as the sun dipped behind the trees and darkness slowly awakened like a black beast crawling out of Hell.

His much bigger shadow was absorbing mine with facility.

"Do you know why I'm angry with you?" I opted for a diplomatic question as I stared at his bare feet with interest. Even those were sexy...

Silence was the only response I received. Raising my chin, I noticed his hooded eyes as a cryptic shade fell into their orbits.

"Just tell-" He cleared his throat before sighing. "Can you, uhm, just tell me with your own words?"

The proud stubborn girl inside me was about to yell at my mate. He had to find out for himself, but honestly, I started to feel a little dizzy by the whole interaction...and by his proximity.

"So?" Mirko pressed; his tone full of impatience as his eyes focused on my lips like a predator waiting for his prey to come out of the den.

"Well, technically you should already know, but for this time I will t-"