Chapter 23 ~ After The Storm

Blue versus green.

A dark sky against a misty forest.

Then, he slowly leaned in and finally pressed his lips against hers....

Elena POV

Fireworks erupted in my whole body when our lips touched.

His tongue plunged right in, tangling with mine, and I couldn't help the soft moans escaping my lips.

'I'm really doing this! I'm kissing Black Alpha...my mate!'

Tilting my head for me to deepen the kiss, he couldn't help pressing me closer to him, in an iron grip.

I slightly sucked on his lower lip, savouring his groans of approval that excited me too much. Probably I died and gone to heaven.

A few minutes later, he tore his delicious lips from mine as we needed fresh air.

In the heat of the moment, I hadn't even realized that one of my hands was tugging his hair and the other was gripping his t-shirt. But I didn't care, and he didn't seem to mind either, too busy staring at me.

I couldn't avoid the intense redness that had spread on my cheeks, under his passionate gaze. It was as if he could see through my clothes and freely 'explore' all my secrets...

My heart was pounding so hard I felt it would pop out of my chest at any moment.

No words were uttered, we just kept staring at each other.

The first kiss with your other half was not something trivial, something that happened every day.

No. Because here you were dealing with your soul mate. The missing piece, the person created especially for you.

I gasped when his lips moved along my jaw and down towards my neck.

"Mirko..." My sentence trailed off as I saw him come up and capture my eyes with his. There was a hunger and possessiveness in his gaze. The intensity of his stare made my stomach flutter and my breath hitch.

When his lips landed on mine, I found myself lost again in another incredible kiss.

.....

....

.

"Never do that again, my love." He murmured, after a while. Our foreheads were pressed against each other as we were trying to recover from our second kiss.

"What?" My eyes slid to meet his dark blue eyes, blazing like flames in the darkest of the nights.

"Jumping there in the middle... to save me." Stroking my cheek, he looked at me so sweetly that I had to refrain from kissing him again.

"For the first time, in all my life, I was truly scared." He paused for a moment as he swallowed hard.

"Seeing you there, so close to danger... and right in front of me... ME! Your mate." He sounded desperate and I couldn't stand that, so I cupped his face in my hands.

"You didn't have to." I whispered with a weak smile. He let out a shaky breath, shutting his eyes.

"Hey...I'm perfectly ok." His arms tightened around my waist as he buried his face in my hair. Caressing his hair and pressing my cheek on his head, I was lulled by his masculine scent. I had never felt so safe and complete.

We stayed like that for a while, almost forgetting the rest of the world.

Almost.

"I will kill him!" He snarled out suddenly, catching me by surprise.