Chapter 38 ~ Cheating?

Elena had decided it might be worth skipping school and calling it a day. And for several reasons!

First of all, she was completely exhausted after the unstoppable sleepless nights.

Secondly, she certainly did not want to undergo the interrogation that a bouncing, extremely happy Marco would have subjected her to. Elena had almost had a heart attack when she realized that Marco knew about her and Mirko.

Running away from Marco, an expert hunter with regard to other people's affairs, was to say the least impossible. But she had planned to avoid him as much as she could (which meant a couple of hours, just enough time to take a well-deserved nap).

Anyway, the event that made her exhaust all her energies, triggering the strong desire to go home, was the match with Mirko... just after he had asked her out ...

Would they still go out on?! Elena wasn't sure. No way she would have asked him!

Uh-huh.

Walking through the path in the woods, reflecting on her daily misfortunes, Elena wasn't paying too much attention to what surrounded her.

Goosebumps appeared on her skin so suddenly and she rubbed them away. The bad weather was starting as the rain finally poured down from the heaven and drenched the ground once again. The birds were not heard singing and the forest had thickened, with potential beasts that wallowed in it.

Elena looked towards the dark trees, with the eerie feeling of being watched. Her eyes lingered in one particular spot as she thought she saw something...

A huge black shadow began to crawl towards Elena.

"Herculi!" She exclaimed, releasing the sigh of relief that she had unwittingly held back.

It was from the day of the attack, precisely since Herculi tried to bite her, that she had never heard from the wolf again. Not that Elena had looked for him, considering how much she had been in the clouds. And now, there it was, popped out of nowhere.

Almost skeletal, with several scratches and wounds, prominent bones, the lone wolf watched her carefully, almost from a safe distance, almost as if he were... on alert? Something was wrong...

He raised his nose in the air, sniffing a few times ... then snapped his head towards her and stepped away. Those familiar yellow eyes that had always reminded her of home were full of fear and awe.

"Hey you, what's wrong?" She asked softly, without expecting a real answer.

When the girl tried to get closer, he lowered his ears, yelping, and ran away as if he had seen the devil himself.

What a strange behaviour...

Elena sighed, shaking her head. 'And now we can add this to my fantastic day! Wow' She thought sarcastically while she started to walk again.

She didn't think for a minute that Herculi had picked up Mirko's smell on her. Although not marked, its strong scent still lingered on the oblivious girl. And it warned the other wolves to run away from her... and to do it fast...very fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cornelia POV

A heat wave crossed my limbs ... I just couldn't stop thinking about my beloved Alpha and getting hot.

I had spotted him this morning at school, in all his glory, but he seemed extremely angry ... he seemed almost ... jealous? Then I noticed that he was staring at three Full Moon idiots, a girl and two boys. She was passable, with zero curves. The two guys were ok, nothing compared to my Mirko.