Chapter 74 ~ Mine

Millions of little jewels glittered in the darkness of night. The wind battled the treetops in an eternal struggle for domination.

Somewhere in no man's land, amidst overgrown vegetation, and almost hostile intertwining branches, the Alpha Wolf was carrying his mate deep into the forest.

He seemed so comfortable there, as if he had been created by that very nature and was meant to roam the undergrowth like the king he was. Usually, on his outings in the wild, the only company was his wolf.

That night was a different story. He was not alone. And he never will again. Usually, he hunted, ran, scared the forest dwellers, forcing all predators one step down the food chain. Usually, he howled alone at the moon.

But that night, Mirko found himself engaged in a different activity.

After a race that had made him feel all emotions in one... Fury, desire, excitement, worry, love. Not that he was surprised, since it always ended up like that when his mate was involved.

"Nice race! R-right?" The girl in his arms laughed nervously as he could not stop peppering her face and neck with feather-like kisses.

Elena was currently held by those iron arms, one below her knees, the other on her back. Mirko seemed to know where he was going as he wasn't even paying attention to the path ... if it could be called 'path'. There were bushes, brambles, and branches everywhere. How Mirko could recognize a way amid that storm of nature, Elena could never have guessed.

"Sorry if Titilas deceived you earlier. S-she really likes to play-" Words trembled out her mouth. Her chest tightened and blood pulsed through her veins as she felt the racing heartbeat.

Hearing her speak, Mirko lifted his head for a second, to stare at her with those pools of dark sky, making her forget everything.

"What are you blabbering about, mate?" He murmured, nibbling her ear.

A whimper escaped her lips when his teeth grazed her delicate skin. Sometime later, Elena found herself lying on a soft blanket. Or was it a fur?

The girl didn't even realize where they were, she just knew they were out there somewhere. Only the stars witnessed.

Mirko took a moment to look at the prey he had caught too easily, grabbing her hands with one of his own. "So sweet" he growled lapping her neck, taking deep breaths.

She struggled under him like a caged bird. Too intimidated by his beauty, wildness, and intensity.

"Mirko, I don't-" She was interrupted by a strangling hug and a fervent kiss.

And they kissed for so long that she forgot her name for a moment. There was just Mirko and the sparks.

It was a kiss of pure need, a kiss that poured out the months of waiting, the sleepless nights spent separated from each other. It was a kiss with the hidden promise that it would never happen again. That they will never be separated again.

When he came close to her neck, leaving hot pools of kisses behind, she shivered, tilting her neck more to give more access. Her breathing was short and irregular, her arms wrapped around his neck as a sailor caught in a storm would do to a rock.

"Elena," he growled through clenched teeth

"I need to mark you,"

It seemed he had no energy left. Or an inch of patience. He had run out of it, thanks to her.

Elena let out a shaky breath, then moved her eyes to his lips and then back to his determined eyes. She looked at his lips once more and let out a cute whimper that made his blood boil before closing her eyes and nodding.