Chapter 21 ~ Anger & Doubts

Crucifero's POV

'Imagine that a bullet train had run over someone and, at the same time, a group of ravenous lions began to devour his flesh. Well, that someone was me.'

Or, put another way, it was as if cruel hands had torn my heart from my chest. It was as if my ability to breathe had been taken away.

For a moment, my eyesight failed me, and black spots had deturpated the view in front of me. Marco, my perfect soulmate, the person created only for me by that same Moon Goddess that I thought had forgotten me. And, that same person, made solely for me, had betrayed me...

But the fact that I let him do that, well, it was a whole other story.

"I, Crucifero, f*king Beta of Black Devil, refuse your f*king rejection, Marco, f*king love of my life." My voice boomed through the small space.

Loosing my mind, I punched the wall nearby Marco's bed, leaving a deep hole. My chest was heaving up and down, my elongated claws dug into my palms and I could feel fresh blood pouring out. Cracks were expanding around the hole I just made, and my psychotic side was happy about that sign of bestiality.

"Why did you say that, Marco? Just, why?" I could feel my voice was distorted and my bright red eyes would have scared to death anyone but him. My splendid mate.

Sobbing and biting his lips, Marco was there sitting completely still, staring at me with wide eyes.

No matter if he had tried to reject me. No matter if he had scattered my heart into millions of pieces. No matter what, I would have always let pass. Damned, deep down I knew I had already forgiven him.

"Love...I-I'm-s-sorry for...I don't-"

But I bolted out of the room before he could finish his pathetic excuse.

I couldn't stand his sight any longer and I had to leave that revolting hospital room.

While my wolf howled in pain, I was marching outside without stopping at anything. Growls, broken things and screams from terrorised nurses were following my path, as a reminder of who I was.

Before my beast took control and went on a killing rampage, I had time to reflect some more time.

What was in his mind? Why did he reject me? There was a glimmer of hope... maybe, he did what he did due to the accident. Maybe, he was too shocked and felt insecure. But insecure of what? I was the one who felt constantly inadequate and inferior. I was the one who couldn't believe I had him all for me, my soulmate, my best half... because I was just a putrid half of stained blood and bones...

There was an evil inner self whispering maliciously that Marco wanted to get rid of me. After all, he had this golden opportunity: deeply wounded and scared, nobody would have blamed him to leave someone me. A monster with human features.

And then I lost it and let my wolf take over. My beast, all I had even known.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meantime, Marco was in utter shock, staring at the white wall in front of him.

How could he have done something like that? What was wrong with his stupid brain?! Did Lord Skull steal his neurons too?

He flinched at a sudden roar. His mate hated him and was visibly hurt. And angry. And nothing good came out of an angry Crucifero.

Because of his insecurities, Marco had trampled on his last piece of happiness.

With a groan, he closed his eyes and covered his face.

Never imaging he could have cried so much, his body was no longer producing tears. He would have started to tear blood anytime soon.

At least, there was a positive thing in all that: he had freed his mate from himself.

A used and malfunctioning scrap.

"Sir Marco!" A shy nurse had interrupted his lugubrious thoughts. "We are all so relieved you are awake!"

Before Marco could thank the gentle old lady, someone else cut him off.

"We are indeed." A tall guy was leaning on the door frame, with his huge arms crossed.

Gamma Rolando.

"How are you feeling, Beta?" He asked sternly.

"Could be better... you know." And, to prove his point, he had lifted his left arm to show his missing hand.

"You should feel lucky you are breathing and not lying dead under 5 meters of ground, covered in worms."

"Woo thanks darling. That does really make me feel better." Marco rolled his eyes but couldn't stop a little smile from emerging on his lips.

"Your welcome." He replied with a twinkle in his eyes.

"And I guess you and Crucifero had a cat fight." He stated casually.

Cat fight?! What was wrong with this guy and his way of speaking!?

"How do you know anyway?" Marco countered with his heart in his throat. Thinking of his 'mate' made him dizzy and upset.

"You mean, who doesn't know." Gamma lifted an eyebrow at a confused Marco. "You may have not noticed the destruction outside. But I did and so everyone else in the pack."

He paused for a second, staring intently at a very stressed Marco.

"It has Crucifero's signature all over. So, tell me...what did you do to make him so pissed? Haven't seen him like that since...well, since you almost died."

He was about to add something when a very pretty girl entered the room. She was short, so short that only reached Gamma Rolando's chest, but her lean figure and curves compensated for her shortness. With long, raven hair and sweet Bambi eyes, she was a true beauty.

And a human.

What was she doing there? And with no other than Creepy Gamma himself.

Marco narrowed his eyes, deeply concentrating. Unsure how and why, that sweet girl looked very familiar...

His thoughts were interrupted when Gamma Rolando's huge frame covered her small figure from his sight.

"What are you doing here?! It's no safe and I told you to wait for me in the room!" He hissed with his tense demeanour.

"But I wouldn't-" Her voice was a spoon of sugar.

"No buts." He ordered firmly, only to sigh in defeat straight after.

"Baby... I don't think that it's-"

"Please Rolly! I want to meet Crucifero's mate!"

Marco could feel her doe eyes doing magic on scary Gamma Rolando. That human girl must be his mate! Although possible, it wasn't so common to witness a werewolf mated to a human.

With another heavy sigh, Rolando murmured some incomprehensible sentences, including 'You'll be my death'. When he finally moved aside, he securely wrapped a protective arm over her tiny body and kiss her forehead.

For a moment, Marco expected his eyeballs to come out of their sockets. He had never imagined seeing Evil Gamma so sweet towards another being, especially a human being. She leaned on him automatically and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers.

Love was in the air and they were definitely mates. Noticing the signs of an old mark on her neck, Marco wondered how long ago they had met, since both seemed to be quiet young.

With the ghost of a smile, Gamma Rolando shifted his attention.

"Beta Marco, please meet my mate. Marica."

Marco scrunched his eyebrows and pursed his lips.

'Why did she so look so bloody familiar?'

But he really couldn't understand it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~