Chapter 81 ~ The End of The Beginning

Elena POV

I was in bed, far too exhausted to read, after a long chat with my parents, the Betas, the Gamma and Rex. I just laid on my bed, wide awake, listening to the angry storm outside and the pouring of rain, beating every surface.

Now that we were fully mated, you would think Mirko would reply my calls or questions through our mind-link...

He ignored me completely, but I could feel some of his emotions through the bond.

Rage, anxiety, and jealousy.

In his defence I did ignore him today, for a moment, after seeing Herculi in his human form. I was so shocked that for a second there I suspected my mouth had gotten stuck open. I had completely forgotten about Herculi. In my defence, I had forgotten about everything and everyone, except my mate.

And then, out of the blue, there he was appearing in his human form after years of getting used to seeing him as a wolf. For a moment I wondered what made him go back in the land of men.

I sighed, curling up under the fluffy blankets, wishing it was Craken instead, the king of the Fluffiness.

Where was Mirko?! I checked the time.

11.30am.

He sure must have finished his Alpha duties for that day, right? Why didn't he come as he had promised? Was he-

As if by only speaking of it, the devil would appear, Mirko's scent filled my nose and the window slammed open, making me jump.

And there he was, my naked gorgeous mate, drenched in rain up to the roots of his inky hair.

My heart skipped a beat. He looked so wild, with that wild beauty and pure masculinity. I couldn't believe how lucky I was that he was my mate.

Then I noticed his aggressive stance and tenebrous gaze.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" I asked with a confused expression, sitting on the bed, and brushing a few strands of hair off my face. Those dark blue irises followed the move without batting an eye.

To anyone else, Mirko would have looked as scary as the Cerberus of Hades, with his fists clenched, chest rising up and down frenetically and some blood on his chin. He looked at me with sheer predaceousness and an odd glint in his stormy eyes. To me, he looked dangerously hot. As i said before, he should be illegal.

Instead of answering my question, the Dark Sex God shut the window and stalked towards me. I was sure he would leave holes in the wooden floor of my bedroom for how irritated he looked.

"Mirko-" I gasped as he buried his face in the hollow of my neck, inhaling deeply and wrapping me in those iron arms. If I hadn't been a werewolf, I would have surely broken a few bones.

"Mine" He growled lowly and I recognised Craken's voice.

With my eyes wide open, I remained motionless as I stroked his wet hair. I could feel him slowly calm down, his heartbeat stabilise and his stiffness leave the big body. Little by little.

"Why do I smell another wolf on you?" He suddenly growled with his eyes glowing with that mystical dark blue that always took my breath away.

I gaped at him before my brain understood his words and began to laugh.

His face morphed from serious to confused and then annoyed.

"That was just Herculi!" I exclaimed with my laughter echoing in the room. Instead of relaxing him, my words somehow angered him more.