Chapter 37 ~ The Fight

The thought of her with other men made him insane.

Mad.

Wild.

Furious.

His wolf had already promised to hunt down everyone who had kissed or even touched her... and it would be a hunt to kill.

None left to tell.

His jaw tickled frantically, reminding a bomb about to explode at any moment. His bloodshot eyes hid a volcanic explosion that was about to leave vast plains of desolation and death. His shadow reminded of an unstoppable tsunami sent by the evil king of the sea depths to massacre humanity.

"Answer me." He ordered through gritted teeth.

Now she seemed more guarded, as if she didn't intend to revel too much. And that intensified Mirko's fury even more.

'Tell him you were joking, please! I don't want to fight with mate.' Titilas whined like an abandoned puppy on a deserted street.

Elena could not believe that her wolf did not even have an ounce of pride. Sure, he was their mate. He made them feel vulnerable, he made them forget everything and everyone.

'No way! It's a matter of respect! And I'm not so naïve, I didn't expect him to be a virgin...' She cringed, remembering that she was a virgin.

How pitiful ...

'But at least he could avoid slamming in my face that he slept around every time he felt like!'

There's a big difference between knowing about all male werewolves are horny 24/7 and having the sexual past of your own mate crammed down your throat.

'Arghhhh' Her mood was becoming more and more black.

'At least mate is honest' Titilas suggested, though hesitant, uncertainty stained her usual confidence.

Did Mirko have many girlfriends before meeting her? He probably had half a dozen, all on a rotating schedule. Cornelia on Monday, Rutia on Tuesday, Amber on Wednesday...

Or worse: had he ever loved someone? Had he ever had a serious relationship?!

The shadow of insecurity and doubt re-emerged in her mind, starting to expand to her stomach. What if he hasn't stopped seeing them? She had always taken it from granted that he did it... But what if he didn't?!

'Pff, impossible! Because we would feel unbearable pain in the chest every time mate is with another female!' Titilas declared, self-confident.

Meanwhile Mirko continued to stare at Elena, the intensity of his anger increased with the passing of the seconds.

Elena should have felt afraid or intimidated. But the image of Cornelia wrapping her dirty hands on his biceps, back at school, infused new waves of anger. It gave her the courage to lift her chin and respond to Mirko in the way he deserved.

"So, what if I did it? Since, apparently, you slept with any woman every time you and your wolf-" Craken whined, covering his eyes with his front paws "-felt the need to let off some steam! And I guess it was every single day, considering how you are!" She snapped with her chest heaving up and down, and her little fists clenched.

Mirko's eyes widened for a second before he chuckled at her insinuation, though he looked deadly serious. Or rather, frightening serious.

"And how would you be so sure of everything? Mhm?" He baited her. His voice was tight and controlled like he was holding back his fury.