Chapter 69 ~ The Revenge of the She-Wolf

AN/ Early chapter because you are all amazing and wonderful <3

!!!!It surely deserve a vote!!!! 

Vote: press the cute little STAR that is STARing at you ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two werewolves, a black and a red one, stood side by side, staring at a new horde of rogues. The two beasts were enjoying the look of panic painted on the rogues' faces as they noticed the little hills of lifeless bodies piled up all around. Corpses that belonged to their fellows and became food for crows and worms.

Craken grinned, with fangs dripping old blood. It was not a friendly smile. It was more like what a tyrannosaurus rex would do to prey that was about to land right in its belly.

When the swarm of rogues stared at that cruel smile, some fled, others lowered their ears, a few snarled bravely. And then, out of nowhere, Craken did something surprising: he returned to his human form. He shifted back to the notorious Black Alpha, Mirko, although a considerable chunk of Craken was still on the surface. Still present.

Partially covered in black fur, with prominent and shining claws and fangs, promises of imminent death, and elongated ears, Mirko was both frightening and majestic at the same time.

Covered with blood and dirt, he reported a few scratches here and there, already healing, caused by stepping on a semi-hidden rock and then on a sharp pinecone.

In front of all those wolves, Mirko crossed his arms over his massive chest. The action caused the muscles to bulge and appear more massive.

"So, who's next?" The altered voice boomed in the red-painted clearing.

Countless eyes, wide open and unblinking, stared right at him. On hold.

"Now, that's not fun!" As he untied his arms, several wolves backed away in fear, colliding with each other like sheep before the big bad wolf.

At first, it was not Mirko's intention to hunt down those rogues, or to act as an exterminator or champion of justice. But, since he was there, he might as well do some cleaning. Or pest control.

Besides, those rogues were the barrier that separated him from revenge. Those wolves separated him from sticking his claws into the traitorous flesh... into Cornelia and Frerea.

When other rogues began to retreat, Mirko, who was no longer smiling, attacked, closely followed by the Killing Machine.

Both swift as lightning, both infallible as scourges sent by a god to punish the earthlings. With just enough bows to steal life. With cuts so precise that the line only became visible when a head rolled away, when a limb detached, or when intestines rained to the ground.

And, soon again, like a horror movie being seen for the second time, fresh bodies decorated the once grey meadow.

~~~~~~~

Elsewhere, in a different part of that same forest, two wolves darted like wild lightning bolts, moving further and further into No Man's Land.

Their senses were on high alert as the crisp air playfully whipped their fur. The impending darkness made the surrounding woods creepy and mysterious.

Spiderwebs glittered in the last rays of the sun, low and curved branches covered with moss, often hid the passage...

....Passage created by their very own mates, since Marco and Elena were following the same path where, a few hours ago, Mirko and Crucifero had passed. From time to time Elena noticed little pieces of black fur hanging from recently half-broken branches, and, once or twice, some dead deer, which unfortunately found themselves on Mirko's way.