Part 53: Kalos Gym number 1

After arriving in the Kalos region and making my way to Vaniville Town, I met a woman named Grace and her daughter, a beautiful girl named Serena who let me stay at their place for the night during which I befriended Serena. The next morning we had breakfast and Serena asked, "I was wondering if I'd be able to come with you on your journey Jason." "I'd love for you to come with me Serena." I replied. Then Serena hugged me tight but unlike the other girls I had traveled with before, I really felt something special with Serena. As we were about to leave Serena's house, her friends Trevor, his girlfriend Shauna and their other friend Tierno were at the door and they invited us to come with them so they could show us something. Shauna then brought out a suitcase which had 3 pokeballs inside and said that I had the choice of picking the grass type chespin, the fire type fennekin or the water type froakie. After thinking about it for about 20 seconds, I decided to choose froakie and I named him Croaker. Serena then told me that her first pokemon was fennekin which was now a delphox. We  then went off together on our way to what was the destination of my first gym battle, Santalune City, but first we had to make our way through the Santalune Forest. Just before entering the forest, I found a fletchling which I caught and named Blitzwing. Once we entered the Santalune Forest, we went our separate ways to catch pokemon, battle trainers or both. Serena and I went together and battled some trainers during which Blitzwing learned peck and eventually we all made it to the end of the forest where we made our first steps into Santalune City together. Serena and I said goodbye to the rest of Serena's friends and started to head to the gym where there was a trainer who wanted to challenge me to a battle to see if I was ready to challenge the gym. After winning the battle, he let us into the gym and I battled the trainers inside before coming up to the gym leader Viola and said, "Hi, I'm Jason and I challenge you to a gym battle." "Sure thing Jason, I accept your challenge." Viola replied. We then got into our positions and I sent out Blitzwing while Viola sent out surskit and said, "Surskit, use bubble." Surskit shot out several bubbles of water which did not much damage. "Blitzwing, use peck." I called out. Blitzwing pecked surskit very hard doing big damage but it just barely held on. "Surskit, use quick attack." Said Viola. Surskit rushed at Blitzwing and hit him decently hard doing modest damage. Then I said, "Blitzwing, use peck again." Blitzwing's next peck attack hit surskit harder than before and knocked it out. "Surskit is unable to battle, fletchling wins." Said the referee. After calling surskit back to it's pokeball, Viola sent out vivillon. "Blitzwing, use peck again." I called out. Blitzwing pecked vivillon very hard doing big damage but it held on quite comfortably. "Vivillon, use tackle." Said Viola. Vivillon rammed into Blitzwing doing a surprisingly big amount of damage taking him out. "Fletchling is unable to battle, vivillon wins." Said the referee. After calling Blitzwing back to his pokeball and thanking him for his efforts, I sent out Croaker and said, "Croaker, use water gun." Croaker shot out a jet of water that did big damage taking out vivillon. "Vivillon is unable to battle, froakie wins, so victory to Jason." Announced the referee. After calling Croaker back to his pokeball and thanking him for winning me the battle, Serena came over and we hugged each other for about a minute and then I went over to Viola and she said, "Congratulations Jason, as proof of your victory at the Santalune City gym, I award you the bug badge." I took my first newly won Kalos gym badge and then Viola said, "For your next gym battle, I suggest you go to Cyllage City." "Thanks Viola." I replied. After Serena and I left the gym, we went to the pokemon center for lunch and since I was very tired after my gym battle, we stayed at the pokemon center for the rest of the day then we had dinner and went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast and started to head out towards Cyllage City.