Part 21: The Johto League

After winning my final Johto badge at the Blackthorn City gym and finding out about the Johto league at the base of Mt. Silver, Misty and I travelled to the base of the mountain where I started training for the tournament. During my training, Draco evolved into dragonair and then into dragonite. Also Hydrofang learned waterfall and earthquake, Amper learned focus blast and dragon pulse, Bugger learned megahorn and Icebreaker learned rock slide. So for the final movesets of my pokemon for the Johto league were, Hydrofang: waterfall, earthquake, ice fang and surf, Amper: thunder wave, thunderbolt, focus blast and dragon pulse, Bugger: close combat, megahorn,  stone edge and earthquake, Sun: psychic, shadow ball, light screen and reflect, Icebreaker: icicle crash, ice shard, earthquake and rock slide and Draco: dragon dance, dragon claw, earthquake and fire punch. After a long and hard but satisfying day of training, Misty and I went to the pokemon center for dinner and went to bed for the night, then in the morning we had breakfast and went to the stadium for the tournament. As Misty was in the audience, I noticed that she was talking to a boy in the stands. After the opening ceremony, we had a break before the first round of the tournament and I caught up with Misty who was still talking to the boy she was talking to in the audience. "Hi, I'm Jason, nice to meet you. Misty's been travelling with me through Johto as well as Kanto." I said to introduce myself. Then the boy said, "Hi, Jason, I'm Ethan. Nice to meet you too." After the break, I went back to the stadium to start my first round. My first opponent seemed to really like dark types because he used umbreon, houndoom and a mega tyranitar while I used Hydrofang, Icebreaker and Bugger. Hydrofang defeated his houndoom rather easily but he took a little bit of damage but then lost to umbreon after a close match before sending out Icebreaker who battled umbreon to a draw. Then we sent out our last pokemon and we both mega evolved them. Tyranitar landed a very strong hit against Bugger who just barely held on and hit back with an incredibly powerful close combat to take out tyranitar in one attack, winning me my first round battle. When I left the stadium to rest for the rest of the day since round two would be the next day, I ran into Misty who was talking to Ethan again and she hugged me in congratulations for winning such an amazing first round battle. At the end of the day the three of us had dinner together and went to bed for the night. After winning my next 3 rounds in a row in landslide victories, I had qualified for the finals. In my round of 16 battle, I battled a woman who had a Mega scizor, a donphan, and a sudowoodo while I used Draco, Sun and Hydrofang and I won with only Sun getting defeated who still won a close battle against sudowoodo. In my quarterfinal match it was a full 6v6 battle which I won 6-3 and in my semifinal match I won 6-2. The night before the final, Misty revealed that she and Ethan had just started dating. In response to this exciting news, I hugged Misty and said, "Wow, congratulations Misty." "Thanks." She said, hugging me back. On the day of my Johto league final, I had without a doubt the most nailbitingly close battle I had ever had until our second-to-last pokemon, Hydrofang and xatu took each other out. Then the final pokemon we used were Draco on my side and snorlax on my opponent's side. "Draco, use dragon dance." I said. Draco spun her body round to the left then the right  and became a bit stronger and faster. Then my opponent said, "Snorlax, use return." Snorlax hit Draco head on but it did somewhat underwhelming damage. "Draco, use earthquake." I called. Draco shook the ground doing big damage to snorlax. "Snorlax, use ice punch." Snorlax's fist turned cold and punched Draco hard doing major damage but thankfully she just barely held on. Then I yelled with excitement and a huge surge of adrenaline flowing through my body, "Draco, dragon claw." "Snorlax, use return again." Said my opponent. Draco and snorlax charged at each other and their attacks hit at the same time. Draco struggled massively but managed to hold on by the skin of her teeth, but snorlax collapsed in exhaustion. "Snorlax is unable to battle, dragonite wins, so our new champion is Jason." Announced the referee. Overwhelmed by emotion, tears of joy started to flow down my face as I called Draco back to her pokeball and thanked her for such an incredible battle, then my opponent came over to me and thanked me for the most incredible battle he ever had in his life. Then the tears started flowing again as Misty and Ethan came over to congratulate me for winning the best battle they had ever seen in their lives. "You are such an incredible trainer Jason." Said Misty as we had the tightest and longest hug we ever had. Then Ethan said, "Jason, that was an amazing battle." "Thanks Ethan." I replied. That night, we had the closing ceremony during which I got a trophy for winning the Johto league. After the closing ceremony had come to an end, we went to the pokemon center for a rest and we talked to Professor Oak and said that I had just won the Johto league tournament. Then Professor Oak told me that he wanted me to send him my trophy so he could keep it safe. After sending the professor my trophy, we had dinner and went to bed for the night. After we had just finished breakfast the next morning we found out that Team Rocket were causing trouble at Goldenrod City and that they were trying to contact Giovanni, not knowing that he had disbanded them. After hearing this news, we went to Goldenrod City and I  stopped them and then told them that Giovanni had disbanded Team Rocket a few months ago while Ethan and Misty had their first real date and went out for lunch. After that they left Goldenrod City for good and then we went to the pokemon center for a rest. While we were there, Misty made a call back home where she found out that her sister was getting married and that she was going to have to come home. After finding out this news, I was saddened to realize that Misty would be unable to continue travelling with me on my journey. After I finished eating my lunch, we started to travel back to Kanto on our way to Cerulean City.