Part 43: Unova gym number 1

After arriving in the Unova region, we went down to Nuvema Town where we met Professor Juniper who let us stay at her lab for the night. In the morning after breakfast, I told her that I wanted to choose a starter pokemon and she took us to their room. The pokemon that I had to choose between were the grass type snivy, the fire type tepig and the water type oshawott. After a minute of thinking about it, I decided to choose snivy and named him Sappy. Professor Juniper then gave me a Unova pokedex so I could learn more about the pokemon in the region. We then headed out and after a little while of walking we arrived in Accumula Town where we saw Professor Juniper at the pokemon center who told me that my first gym battle in Unova should be in Striaton City. After a little rest, we were about to leave when we saw a group called Team Plasma who had a man called Ghetsis make a speech about the fact that there are abusive and cruel trainers in the world and wanting to liberate pokemon from their trainers if they were the same. After the speech was over, a guy called N came over and said that he was the king of Team Plasma and that he could read pokemon's emotions and sympathize with their feelings. He told me that he wanted to see Sappy in battle. The battle that ensued a pretty close one but in the end I beat N's lillipup. Then N told me that he could feel that Sappy really liked me which was amazing to him. After N left we started to head out to Striaton City where we stopped at the pokemon center for a rest and some lunch then we explored for a while during which we came across the dreamyard where we battled some trainers and we found a man who gave me a panpour which I didn't give a nickname. Dawn found my panpour to be absolutely adorable so we sat down for about 5 minutes while Dawn played with panpour then we went back to Striaton City where we found the gym and I battled the trainers inside before coming up to the gym leaders Cilan, Chili and Cress. Since I chose snivy, they said that I had to battle Chili. We then got into our positions and I sent out Sappy while Chili sent out lillipup. "Sappy, use vine whip." I called out. Long vines extended from Sappy which hit lillipup pretty hard doing big damage but it just barely held on. "Lillipup, use bite." Said Chili. Lillipup bit down hard on Sappy doing modest damage. Then I said, "Sappy, use vine whip again." Sappy's next vine whip attack hit lillipup harder than before taking it out. "Lillipup is unable to battle, snivy wins." Said the referee. Upon beating lillipup, Sappy started glowing and evolved into servine and learned leaf tornado. Chili then called back lillipup and sent out pansear. Then I said, "Sappy, use leaf tornado." Sappy spun fast summoning leaves that hit pansear decently hard doing modest damage but it held on quite easily. "Pansear, use incinerate." Said Chili. Pansear shot a ball of fire which hit Sappy hard knocking him out. "Servine is unable to battle, pansear wins." Said the referee. After calling Sappy back to his pokeball and thanking him for his efforts, I sent out panpour and said, "Panpour, use water gun." Panpour fired a blast of water that did big damage to pansear taking it out. "Pansear is unable to battle, panpour wins, so victory to Jason." Announced the referee. After calling panpour back to his pokeball and thanking him for winning me the battle, Dawn walked over and hugged me in congratulations for winning my first Unova badge. Then Chili, Cilan and Cress came over and Chili said, "Congratulations Jason, as proof of your victory at the Striaton City gym, we award you the trio badge." After taking my newly won trio badge from Cilan, Cress suggested that we have dinner at their restaurant. As we were eating, Cilan told me that for my next gym battle, I should go to Nacrene City.  After a delicious dinner, Dawn and I went back to the pokemon center. Before we started to get ready for bed, I said to Dawn, "I've been thinking that since you really like my panpour, I've decided that I want to give to you." "Thanks a lot Jason, you're awesome." She replied, giving me a big hug. After handing my panpour to Dawn, we went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast and started to head out to Nacrene City.