Part 7: Kanto gym number 5

While Misty and I were on our way to Fuschia City for my 5th gym battle we made our way through Lavender Town where we heard rumors of the pokemon tower being haunted so we decided to have a look. As we went in Misty suddenly held my hand and said, "I'm feeling a bit scared, Jason." So I answered "It's okay Misty, I'm not going to leave your side for a second." So we walked up the tower, during which I was starting to feel a bit scared but I knew that Misty was with me so that I was able to stay calm. During the climb we battle a few trainers and eventually we came to what was making the people of the town so scared. There appeared to be ghosts in the tower but thankfully we had the silph scope we acquired just before leaving the Team Rocket base in Celadon City. After using the silph scope we found out that the ghost was the spirit of a marowak that was killed by Team Rocket while trying to protect her baby cubone. Then that same cubone appeared and saw the spirit of it's mother who managed to then finally find peace for her soul at the sight of her baby. Then we continued up the tower to eventually discover Team Rocket at the top. "You killed a cubone's mother, didn't you." I yelled angrily. "Yep, we sure did." Team Rocket replied smugly. With that I sent out Ferno and Misty and I battled the Team Rocket members there during which Ferno evolved into Charizard. After winning against them we were thanked by a man called Mr Fuji who then gave us a strange looking flute. "This is the Poke flute" Mr Fuji explained, "You can use it to wake up the snorlax blocking the path to Fuschia City." We then thanked him for the flute and continued on our way to Fuschia City. Along the way we ran into a sleeping snorlax blocking the path, so Misty played the Poke flute to wake him up. Suddenly the snorlax woke up so I had to battle it so it would calm down. When snorlax was defeated, it left to find more food since it was having a nap after eating. Suddenly someone came and told us that another snorlax was just outside of Celadon City so we went back and battled that snorlax as well. Since we had come back to Celadon City a man told us that he had some tea for the thirsty guards but he had other things to do so he entrusted it to us. Misty then went to deliver the tea to the guards while I went off and caught a doduo who I had to think about a nickname for but then decided to name him Dodo. When Misty came back, I showed her my newly caught Doduo and then we continued back on our way to Fuschia City battling several trainers along the way. When we got to Fuschia City we went straight to the gym and I Battled the trainers before coming up to the gym leader Koga. "Welcome challenger, what is your name?" He asked. "My name is Jason." I replied. Koga then said "Very well Jason, I accept your challenge." Koga then sent out his first pokemon weezing while I sent out Zappy. "Zappy, use thunderbolt." I called. Zappy's thunderbolt shocked weezing hard but it was clear that this was a very strong weezing so I knew that this was going to be a challenge. "Weezing, use sludge bomb." Said Koga. Weezing then shot a blob of sludge out which landed a direct hit on Zappy and poisoned him. "Oh no Zappy! Are you alright?" I yelled. After confirming Zappy could still battle I then said "Zappy, thunderbolt again." Zappy fired off another thunderbolt which hit harder than before and knocked weezing out. "Weezing is unable to battle, raichu's the winner." Said the referee. Koga then said to me, "Jason, I must say you've done well in raising your pokemon. It takes a strong trainer to defeat my weezing, but this is far from over." Knowing that Zappy was in trouble, I knew I had to be careful in battling Koga's next pokemon. "Go venomoth." Said Koga. I then called out "Zappy use thunderbolt again." Despite struggling because of his poison, Zappy fired off another very strong thunderbolt which scored a direct hit and did big damage before taking more damage from his poison. "Venomoth, use sludge bomb." Venomoth' sludge bomb scored a direct hit and did big damage to Zappy who then went down to the poison from weezing. "Raichu is unable to battle." said the referee. I then said, "Go Ferno." My newly evolved charizard came flying in ready for battle. "Ferno use wing attack." Ferno's newly learned move wing attack struck venomoth hard, scoring the knockout with one hit. "Venomoth is unable to battle, charizard wins." Said the referee. Koga then said," Let's go, muk." "Ferno, use flamethrower." I said. Ferno fired his flamethrower right into muk's face doing rather modest damage but this muk was clearly the strongest pokemon on Koga's team. "Muk, use gunk shot." Said Koga. Muk then fired off a giant blob of sludge which caused major damage to Ferno and poisoned him. " Oh no, Ferno!" I called out. I then said "Ferno, use flamethrower." Ferno shot his flamethrower in the same place as before causing even more damage than last time, but muk just barely held on, and Ferno succumbed to the poison. The referee then said "Charizard is unable to battle, muk wins." After calling Ferno back in his pokeball I said "Ferno, you were really great out there. Dodo, your turn." "Muk, use gunk shot again." Said Koga. I then called in reply, "Dodge and use aerial ace." Dodo just barely got out of the way of the gunk shot and hit muk hard, getting the knockout. The referee announced "Muk is unable to battle, doduo wins, so victory to Jason." Suddenly Dodo started glowing and evolved into Dodrio. "Great job Dodo." I said with pride for his first gym battle win and evolution. Misty came down and tackle hugged me in excitement for my 5th gym battle win. Koga then came up to me and said "You battled well and as proof of your victory at the Fuschia City gym, I award you the soul badge." "Thanks Koga." I replied. Koga then continued, "I suggest that for your next gym battle, you go to Saffron City." "Ok thanks." I said. After leaving the gym, Misty and I went to the pokemon center for a rest then set out to Saffron City.