Part 82: Galar gym number 6

After winning my 5th Galar badge at the Balloonlea gym, Lillie and I were about to leave for Circhester when Opal asked us if she could accompany us back to Hammerlocke which was along the way to Circhester and we said yes. Along the way, she told me she was looking for someone to replace her as the gym leader since she wanted to retire soon. When we got to Hammerlocke, we saw Bede and Opal was impressed by the amount of pink Bede was wearing since it was the colour she was looking for in regards to what her ideal replacement would be wearing. Bede then went with Opal to start his gym leader training. As we were leaving Hammerlocke, we saw Sonia who told us some things about her darkest day research when we heard an explosion, but Sonia told us that she would go and sort it out while we continued on with trying to get to Circhester. We then left Hammerlocke and met up with Hop who had pretty much fully recovered from his devastating loss to Bede and challenged me to a battle which was very close but in the end I won. We then continued on our way to Circhester battling some trainers along the way and about halfway through, we made it to a snowy area which we were prepared for since Lillie had some snow clothes in her bag. Eventually we arrived in Circhester and went to the pokemon center for lunch, to rest my pokemon and to have a nap. When we woke up, I took my pokemon back from Nurse Joy and we headed to the gym. When we got there Lillie went to be in the audience while I changed into my uniform and went in to challenge the gym. For the gym mission, I was given two rods that could detect hidden pit traps and I had to get through without falling in while also battling some trainers along the way. Eventually, I made through and went onto the battlefield to challenge the gym leader Melony. We got into our positions and I sent out Asher while Melony sent out frosmoth. Unfortunately for Melony, Asher had a huge type advantage against her ice type pokemon and he beat her frosmoth, galarian darmanitan and eiscue with no problem. Then she sent out her lapras and gigantamaxed it. I had Asher use close combat to do big damage but then it took him out with max geyser. I then sent out Sparky and dynamaxed him and said, "Sparky, use max lightning." Sparky's max lightning attack hit lapras super hard finally taking it out. "Lapras is unable to battle, boltund wins, so victory to Jason." Said the referee. We then returned our pokemon to their pokeballs and Melony shook my hand and gave me the ice badge. She then told me that my next gym battle was at Spikemuth. I then left the battlefield where Lillie met back up with me and we hugged for a few minutes then she took my hand and we went to the pokemon center after seeing that it was getting late and we had dinner and went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast and started to head out to Spikemuth.