Part 37: Sinnoh gym number 5

After winning my 4th Sinnoh badge at the Pastoria City gym, Dawn and I were about to leave Pastoria City when we heard an explosion which made us think that Team Galactic were the ones behind it and sure enough, we saw a member of Team Galactic try to leave town after saying he was the one behind it, so we chased after him and for a while, he tried to resist battling me before eventually losing his patience and the battle that ensued. We then continued on our way to Hearthome City when we saw the champion of Sinnoh, Cynthia who asked us if we saw some psyducks, which we did on our way to Veilstone City a few days ago and gave us some medicine for them because they had big headaches and we said we were going to give it to them on our way to Hearthome City. We then started to make our way there and when we found the psyducks, we gave them the medicine for their headaches and they went back to their pond, then we went up the same way the psyducks went and eventually found ourselves in Cynthia's home town Celestic Town and we found a member of Team Galactic there who said that he was going to blow the town up with a bomb, so I battled him and won effortlessly before going into the ruins he was blocking and we found a mural on three legendary pokemon which Cynthia's grandmother explained to us when suddenly a man appeared behind us who turned out to be the leader of Team Galactic, Cyrus who said that he was interested in the mural before then saying he wanted to battle me because he was also curious about my strength as a trainer. We then proceeded to have a nailbitingly close battle when it came down to a weakened Buzz Buzz vs a just as weakened golbat who dodged the final thunder punch and took out Buzz Buzz with poison fang, handing me my third ever loss so far. Then Cyrus said, "While I'm impressed by your strength as a trainer, I'm not surprised at the result because I feel you put too much passion into battling." Team Galactic then left Celestic Town then we went to the pokemon center to rest my pokemon and devastated that I had lost my first battle against a crime boss for the second time in a row, I started to cry and so Dawn hugged me to try to comfort me which only worked because I was feeling really tired, so I rested on Dawn's lap while I had a brief nap and after I woke up, since I was still sad about my loss to Cyrus, Dawn led me by the hand until we finally made it to Hearthome City, at which point it was getting late so we went to the pokemon center for dinner and went to bed for the night and in the morning while we were having breakfast, we heard that the gym leader had finally come back, so we went to the gym and I battled the trainers inside before coming up to the gym leader Fantina but as I was about to talk to her, I remembered my loss to Cyrus and got really nervous. Then Dawn grabbed my hand and said, "Listen Jason, I know you can win this gym battle, and I also know that you're nervous because of your loss to Cyrus, but you need to put that behind you because I know that you're a really great trainer. Cyrus was a bit stronger than you expected, but I know you can win against him in the future as well." We then hugged each other tight until I got my confidence back and when I was ready, I went over to Fantina, took a deep breath and said, " My name is Jason and I challenge you to a gym battle." "Very well Jason, I accept your challenge." Said Fantina in a strong french accent. We then got into our positions and I sent out Buzz Buzz while Fantina sent out driftblim. "Buzz Buzz, use thunder punch." I called out. Buzz Buzz stored electricity up in his fist and punched driftblim hard doing big damage but it barely held on. "Driftblim, use ominous wind." Driftblim blew a cold, creepy gust of wind at Buzz Buzz which did modest damage. Then I said, "Buzz Buzz, use thunder punch again." His second thunder punch attack hit driftblim harder than before and knocked it out. "Driftblim is unable to battle, electivire wins." Said the referee. Fantina then called driftblim back to it's pokeball and sent out her next pokemon mismagius. Knowing that this pokemon looked dangerous, I knew that it would help to slow it down, so I said, "Buzz Buzz, use thunder wave." Buzz Buzz let out a weak jolt of electricity which paralysed mismagius. "Mismagius, use shadow ball." Said Fantina. Mismagius shot an ominous ball of energy which did big damage to Buzz Buzz but he held on just barely. Then I said, "Buzz Buzz, use thunder punch again." His thunder punch attack hit surprisingly hard doing major damage but it just barely held on. "Mismagius, use psybeam." Said Fantina. Mismagius shot a beam of energy at Buzz Buzz which finally took him out. "Electivire is unable to battle, mismagius wins." Said the referee. After calling Buzz Buzz back to his pokeball and thanking him for his efforts, I sent out Psycho. Then Fantina said, "Mismagius, use psybeam again." It's next psybeam attack hit Psycho decently hard doing modest damage. "Psycho, use night slash." I called out. Psycho slashed right through mismagius and knocked it out. "Mismagius is unable to battle, Gallade wins." Said the referee. After calling mismagius back to it's pokeball, Fantina sent out gengar. Then she said, "Gengar, use shadow ball." Gengar's shadow ball attack hit Psycho hard doing big damage but he held on quite comfortably, then I said, "Psycho, use psycho cut." Psycho fired a wave of energy which hit gengar really hard and knocked it out in one hit. "Gengar is unable to battle, gallade wins, so victory to Jason." Announced the referee. After calling Psycho back to his pokeball and thanking him for winning me the battle so amazingly, I dropped to the ground in relief and started to tear up at the feeling of winning big battles again. Dawn then ran over to me and hugged me saying, "I told you that you were a great trainer Jason, that was amazing." "Yeah, you did, thanks Dawn." I replied, hugging her back for a few minutes. I then got up and went over to Fantina who said, "Congratulations Jason, as proof of your victory at the Hearthome City gym, I award you the relic badge." After I had taken my newly won relic badge, she told me that for my next gym battle, I should go to Canalave City. "Thanks Fantina." I replied. After we left the gym, we went to the pokemon center for a rest and some lunch then we decided that we were getting tired and so we stayed at the Pokemon center for the rest of the day and went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast and started to make our way to Canalave City.