Part 24: Hoenn gym number 2

After winning my 1st Hoenn badge at the Rustboro City gym, May and I were about to leave when we heard a scientist say that members of team Aqua had stolen some parts that he described as devon goods. We followed them into a cave but along the way I battled several trainers during which Serenity evolved into kirlia. Just outside the cave we found an old sailor called Mr Briney who told us that Team Aqua had stolen his pet wingull Peeko. When we got to the cave we battled Team Aqua and got the devon goods back as well as Peeko who we gave back to Mr Briney, and gave them back to the scientist who then said that we should go to the Devon Corporation and see the president of the company. After getting to the top floor The president of the Devon Corporation said, "Hello, my name is Mr Stone and I would like to thank you for helping my scientist. I'd like to give you this poke-gear which is basically a mobile phone but has other features as well such as a map of Hoenn. Also I have a letter that I want you to give to my son Steven on Dewford Island. Finally, I'd like to request that you give the devon goods you recovered from Team Aqua to my friend in Slateport City, Captain Stern." After taking the letter from Mr Stone, we headed to Mr Briney's house who offered to personally take us to Dewford Island as thanks for helping him get Peeko back. When we got to Dewford Island, we explored around before finding a cave which we went through and battled some trainers and eventually we found Steven Stone and gave him the letter his dad gave us. After leaving the cave we arrived in Dewford Town where we went to the pokemon center for some lunch and a brief nap. When we woke up, we went to the gym and I battled the trainers inside before coming up to the gym leader Brawly. "Hi, I'm Jason and I challenge you to a gym battle." "Ok dude, I accept your challenge." Said Brawly. To start the battle, Brawly sent out machop while I sent out Ace. "Machop, use karate chop." Said Brawly. Machop ran at Ace and hit him over the head doing modest damage but not too much. Then I said, "Ace, use peck." Ace pecked machop very hard doing big damage but it barely held on. Brawly said, "Karate chop again." Machop's next attack did just a bit more than last time so Ace just barely held on as well. "Ace, use peck again." Ace pecked machop very hard one last time taking it down. "Machop is unable to battle, tailow wins." Said the referee. Brawly's next pokemon was meditite but the battle was an effortless trainwreck because meditite just tried to use focus punch every turn but always failed because it needed to not get attacked to pull off the attack. "Meditite is unable to battle, tailow wins again." As a result of Ace's second win, he started glowing and evolved into swellow and revealed that he had just learned aerial ace. "Go makuhita." Said Brawley. "Use aerial ace." I called out. Ace raced towards makuhita and struck it very hard but it just barely held on. Then Brawly said, "Makuhita, use reversal." Makuhita used every bit of strength it had left to hit Ace extremely hard taking him out. After calling Ace back to his pokeball and thanking him doing so well, I sent out Serenity. "Makuhita, use reversal again." Said Brawly. Makuhita hit with reversal very hard but due to Serenity's huge resistance to fighting types, she held on quite easily. "Serenity, use disarming voice." I called out. Serenity sung out at makuhita and the attack finally took it out. "Makuhita is unable to battle, kirlia wins, so victory to Jason." Said the referee. After calling Serenity back to her pokeball and thanking her for her efforts, I dropped to the ground in relief and because I was feeling rather tired. Then May came over and hugged me in congratulations for winning such an exciting battle. "Thanks May." I said, hugging her back. After breaking the hug, I went over to Brawly who said, " Congratulations Jason, as proof of your victory at the Dewford Town gym, I award you the knuckle badge." After taking my badge I thanked him and then he said, "I think that your next gym battle should be at Mauville City." "Thanks again Brawly." I replied. After leaving the gym, May and I noticed that it was getting late so we went to the pokemon center for dinner and went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast and asked Mr Briney to take us to Slateport City.