Part 80: Galar gym number 4

After winning my 3rd Galar badge at the Motostoke gym, Lillie and I were about to leave Motostoke when Kabu, Milo and Nessa wished me luck with the rest of the gym challenge after telling me that I had to go through the Wild Area to get to Hammerlocke. We then went back down the stairs to the Wild Area where we saw Hop and Bede who challenged Hop to a battle and just before he went off battle Bede, Hop wished me luck as well. Lillie and I then decided to explore the Wild Area for a while and along the way, we had a look at some max raid dens which had a dynamaxed pokemon in each and I had to choose whether or not to catch it and on my 3rd max raid den, I caught a togepi and named her Jubilee and we quickly grew close and as we started to get closer to Hammerlocke, I found a Roselia and decided to catch her after trading one to Dawn back in Sinnoh and I named her Rose. After several more minutes of walking around, we found 2 shiny stones and I used one of them to evolve Rose into roserade and she learned energy ball and sludge bomb. We eventually made it to the gate leading up to Hammerlocke and I showed the guard my fire, water and grass badges when suddenly Bede arrived and boasted that he beat Hop by a complete landslide and he decided to challenge me to a battle as well. Unfortunately for me, Bede had suddenly become much stronger and he defeated all of my pokemon until all I had left was Jubilee who defeated Bede's duosion and evolved into togetic, learning dazzling gleam in the process, before losing to Bede's next pokemon gothorita who's final psybeam attack launched Jubilee right into me knocking me up against the wall resulting in me getting injured. Then Bede said that I was at least a bit better than Hop who defeated none of Bede's pokemon while I beat one of them. Since I was hurt, Lillie had to give me a piggyback ride to the pokemon center in Hammerlocke during which I fell unconscious. A few hours later, I woke up and was resting on Lilie's lap while she was stroking my hair. When I sat up, I was expecting to be in pain, but Lillie had fixed me up while I was sleeping and I was feeling fine. Then Lillie kissed me on the cheek and hugged me with tears flowing down her face and she said, "I'm so glad you're ok, Jason." After telling me that it was starting to get late, Lillie decided to make dinner for both of us and then we went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast then we saw Chairman Rose and Oleana who asked me to follow him into the Hammerlocke gym where Bede gave him a bunch of wishing stars and he told me that wishing stars were a source of energy that he put into the power plant located in the Hammerlocke gym. We then left the gym and saw Leon who took us to a vault where Sonia was waiting and she showed me and Lillie paintings based on a storm that the people of Galar referred to as "the darkest day". After leaving the Vault, we said goodbye to Sonia and Leon and started to head out to Stow-on-side. Along the way we came across some members of Team Yell who were trying to make sure that people stayed quiet as they went past a sleeping silicobra and an old woman asked if she could go past if she promised to keep quiet and they said yes. But then they challenged me to a battle which I won pretty easily but they said that I was being too loud, so I said to them, "You weren't really being all that quiet yourselves." Then the silicobra woke up and left with Team Yell, so we set out for Stow-on-side and we battled some trainers along the way during which Aqua evolved into inteleon and learned snipe shot and I also remembered that I had a second shiny stone which I used to evolve Jubilee into togekiss who learned air slash, aura sphere and metronome and eventually we arrived at Stow-on-side. Since we were feeling hungry, we went to the pokemon center for lunch and to rest my pokemon, but after lunch, I remembered my devastatingly huge loss to Bede and I was scared about going to the gym and I started to cry, so Lillie pulled me in for a hug until I started to feel tired so I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was resting on Lilie's lap while she stroked my hair again and when we got up we were heading to the gym when Hop came and challenged me to a battle which I won, then we went to the gym, but while I was feeling a bit better, I was still very nervous, so Lillie took my hand and said, "Listen sweetie, you are one of, if not the best trainer I've ever met. I know losing to Bede so badly hurt in more ways than one, but I know that you can win a gym badge now and that you can beat Bede again in the future." She then pulled me in for a kiss and then we hugged until I started to get my confidence back. We then went to the gym where I changed into my uniform while Lillie went to be in the audience and I went in to challenge the gym. For my gym mission, I had to sit in what looked like a tea cup which spun me through what looked like a giant pinball machine and at the end of each one, I battled some trainers and at the end, I was feeling dizzy so I had to sit down for a few minutes but when I was feeling better, I went on to the battlefield to have a battle with the gym leader Bea. We got into our positions and I sent out Jubilee while Bea sent out her hitmontop. Unfortunately for Bea, Jubilee had a huge type advantage and just used dazzling gleam and air slash to win the battle singlehandedly. When the battle was over, Bea gave me the fighting badge and we shook hands before she told  me that my next gym battle was at Balloonlea. I then left the battlefield and met back up with Lillie who hugged me for about a minute during which she kissed me on the cheek and said, "I told you that you could win." "Yeah, you did, thanks Lillie." I replied. Lillie then took my hand and we went back to the pokemon center after seeing that it was getting late and we had dinner and went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast then started to get ready to head out to Balloonlea.