Part 35: Sinnoh gym number 3

After winning my 2nd Sinnoh badge at the Eterna City gym, Dawn and I were about to leave for Hearthome City when we heard rumors that a building was being held hostage so we went to investigate and found out that Team Galactic were the ones behind it so we battled the Team Galactic members inside before coming up to another Team Galactic commander Jupiter who I battled and beat her with no big issue, then we left Eterna City and we decided to explore a bit and found ourselves in a cave where I caught a gible who knew the move earthquake and named him Jawbreaker. We then left the cave and traveled through another cave that passed through Mt Coronet and when we got through, I found a male ralts which I caught and named him Psycho and we eventually found ourselves in Hearthome City, but when we tried to go to the Gym, we found the gym leader wasn't in town which was rather devastating for me because it meant that I wasn't sure where to go, so Dawn led me by the hand to the pokemon center for a rest and since we were tired, we had a brief nap and then  I asked around  where I should go for a gym battle since the gym leader was out of town and someone suggested Veilstone City, so Dawn and I continued on our way during which we battled some trainers during which Jawbreaker evolved into gabite and learned dragon claw. Eventually we arrived in Veilstone City where we went to the gym and found out that thankfully the gym leader was there so we went in and battled the trainers inside during which psycho evolved into kirlia before coming up to the gym leader Maylene and I said,  "Hi, I'm Jason and I want to  challenge you to a gym battle." "Sure, I accept your challenge, Jason." Maylene replied. We then got into our positions and she sent out meditite while I sent out Brave Bird. "Meditite, use drain punch." Meditite punched Brave Bird decently hard doing modest damage but Brave Bird held on quite easily. "Brave Bird, use wing attack." I called out. Brave Bird struck meditite hard doing major damage taking it out. "Meditite is unable to battle, staravia wins." Said the referee. Once Maylene had called meditite back to it's pokeball, she sent out machoke. Then I said, "Brave Bird, use wing attack again." Brave Bird hit machoke hard doing big damage but it held on quite comfortably. "Machoke, use rock tomb." Machoke called down rocks down from the sky which hit Brave Bird hit knocking him out. "Staravia is unable to battle, machoke wins." Said the referee. After calling Brave Bird back to his pokeball and thanking him for his efforts, I sent out Scorchimp and said, "Scorchimp, use flame wheel." Scorchimp, in a flaming ball, charged hard at machoke doing big damage but it just barely held on. "Machoke use brick break." Said Maylene. Machoke hit Scorchimp over the head doing big damage but he held on quite easily. Then I said, "Scorchimp, use mach punch." Scorchimp bolted at machoke and punched it very hard taking it out. "Machoke is unable to battle, monferno wins." Said the referee. After calling machoke back to it's pokeball, Maylene sent her strongest pokemon lucario. "Scorchimp, use mach punch." The moment after I finished my sentence, Scorchimp had already punched lucario hard in the face doing big damage but it held on quite comfortably. "Lucario, use aura sphere." Said Maylene. Lucario fired a ball of energy at Scorchimp doing big damage and knocked him out.  "Monferno is unable to battle, lucario wins." Said the referee. After calling Scorchimp back to his pokeball and thanking him for his efforts, I sent out Jawbreaker and said, "Jawbreaker, use earthquake." Jawbreaker shook the ground hard and did big damage to lucario but somehow it just barely held on. "Lucario, use aura sphere again." Said Maylene. Lucario's next aura sphere attack hit Jawbreaker pretty hard doing decent damage. Then I said, "Jawbreaker, use earthquake again." Jawbreaker shook the ground harder than last time knocking lucario out. "Lucario is unable to battle, gabite wins, so victory to Jason." Announced the referee. After calling Jawbreaker back to his pokeball and thanking him for winning me the battle, I dropped to the ground in relief and Dawn came over and hugged me in congratulations for winning my 3rd badge. Then Maylene came over and said, "Congratulations Jason, as proof of your victory at the Veilstone City gym, I award you the cobble badge." Once I had taken my newly won cobble badge, I said to Maylene, "I tried to challenge the Hearthome City gym but the gym leader wasn't there." "She should be back there in a couple of days. I guess for now, you should go to Pastoria City." She replied. After leaving the gym, Dawn and I saw that it was getting late so we went to the pokemon center for dinner and went to bed for the night and in the morning we had breakfast then set out for Pastoria City.