and after that

Life isn't the same as it once was, they each have suffered in their own ways and are all learning to cope with the trauma they carry. Everyone is rebuilding their lives, including the Golden Four.

In the weeks following the Battle of Hogwarts, shops were reopening, including Weasley Wizard Wheezes, any remaining Death Eaters were being captured by the dozens, and families were recovering from the losses suffered. Today, Ron, Hermione, Sam and Harry are attending the twins shop reopening. As they walk through Diagon Alley, the see the bright a familiar sign for Fred and George's shop. Sam smiles at how they never cease to bring light and laughter into people's lives. Ron and Hermione enter first, but Harry pulls Sam off to the side.

"There's something I want to show you later," he states.

She gives him a curious smile, "What rules have you broken this time?"

"Hopefully, none," he chuckles as they finally enter the shop.

Just as bright and colorful as the first time the stepped in, mini fireworks exploding all around, the smells of the bakery wafting through the store. Harry grasps her hand and sends her a small smile. They've been reminding themselves every day that the war is over and they can breathe, but walking into Fred and George's shop makes it more believable. Fred sneaks up behind them with a closed fist. He jumps out in front of them and blows a powder that was in his hands towards their faces. It's a dark powder but as it leaves his hand, it glitters like the stars that Sam has always loved to watch.

"New invention. Whatcha think?" He chuckles.

Sam and Harry both stare in awe and George laughs, "I'd say they like it."

"Which is great because there's something I want to show you, Little S," Fred remarks before grabbing her hand and leading her away.

Harry turns to George, "The plan is in motion for later."

George winks before strolling away to inform Ron and Hermione. Harry follows after Fred and Sam off to a new section of the store. Sam laughs as Fred pulls her along.

"Come on, Fred, what is it?"

"A new invention, of course," he says as a matter of factly, "Close your eyes."

Sam sighs before shutting her eyes and waits for Fred to bring her the new trick in their joke shop, "Am I going to be sprayed with something?"

Fred stands in front of her and grins at Harry, "Open."

Sam slowly opens her eyes to see Fred holding an orb of pure white light. He lets it go and it floats in the air. Sam stares at it in awe and wonder.

"It's so beautiful," she remarks.

"Yeah it is," Harry smiles.

"But what is it?"

"The only non joke themed item in our store," Fred informs, "It guides you home, no matter where you are, no matter how lost."

Sam smiles brightly as she reaches out to touch it, "What do you call it?"

Fred returns her smile as George steps up beside him, "Little S's Saving Light."

Sam tears her eyes away from the ball and looks from them to Harry, but they simply smile back at her. Fred steps closer to her and grabs the ball.

"This is what I saw when you brought me back," Fred grins, eyes filled with love, "You found me in the dark and led me back home."

Tears pool in her eyes as she wraps her arms around Fred's torso, "I love you, big brother."

She pulls away and opens her arms wider for George, "I love you both."