have your back

As the four of them sit in the library studying, other students are glaring at Harry. He turns back to his friends and Ron smiles at him in pity and Hermione gives a nervous smile.

Harry packs up his books, "I'll see you back in the common room."

Ron and Hermione look at Sam, "Yeah, I know."

She gets up from the table and follows after Harry.

"Harry! Harry, slow down."

He stops and waits for her to catch up, "They all look at me like I'm some sort of freak."

She stands still and makes eye contact, "You're not the only one with special gifts, they're just scared because it's a gift typically known to belong to Slytherins."

"Do you have a special power?"

"I don't know, I have something, I just don't know what. But not all Slytherins are bad though, and as long as you don't use it intentionally to harm another person, they shouldn't be scared."

"But they are."

"Because they're idiots! And if it really bothers you so much, I'll hex them myself and give them someone else to be scared of," she insists with a smile.

He gives a faint smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes, "I'm going to head back to the common room, I just need to think."

She gives a small nod and lets him walk away.