good ole days

As Sam, Hermione and the twins sit in her room, shooting off mini fireworks, Ron bursts through the door.

"Harry was just attacked by dementors! He had to use his magic! He might be expelled!"

Sam drops her fireworks, "What?!"

She jumps up from the floor and runs down the stairs. She runs into the room where Sirius, Molly and Remus are talking.

"Dad! Is it true about Harry?"

He nods slowly, "There's a hearing set for him at the Ministry and Moody and a few others are going to get him to bring him here."

"I want to go," she insists.

"Absolutely not!" Molly says sternly, "There are Death Eaters searching heavily for the both of you right now."

"I'm sorry, darling. You can't leave," Sirius says as he stands and makes his way over to her.

He grabs both of her hands, "He will be fine. They'll get him here safely."

Without another word, Sam makes her way back up to her room where Ron and Hermione are sitting on her bed.

"They're bringing him here now," she informs.

"Brilliant! We haven't seen him all summer!" Ron acknowledges.

"Yeah, but how is he going to feel about us not writing to him?" Sam says solemnly.

"We will deal with that when he gets here," Hermione starts, "Right now, we just need to hope he doesn't get expelled."

Sam nods and suddenly, the door swings open revealing Harry. Without hesitation Hermione leaps up and tackles him in a hug.

"Oh, Harry," she exclaims as she pulls back, "Are you alright? We overheard them talking about the Dementor attack. You must tell us everything."

"Let the man breathe, Hermione," Ron adds with a chuckle.

Sam looks him up and down. He grew over the summer now standing a couple inches higher than her and he finally cut his hair. His eyes fall on her and she gives him a sad smile. He begins to walk to her and she envelops him in a hug.

He pulls away after a few moments and Hermione continues, "And this hearing at the Ministry. It's just outrageous. I've looked it up. They simply can't expel you. It's completely unfair."

"Yeah," he responds quietly, "There's a lot of that going round at the moment. So what is this place?"

"It's headquarters," Sam notes, "Of the Order of the Phoenix."

"It's a secret society. Dumbledore formed it back when they fought You-Know-Who," Hermione adds.

"You couldn't have put any of this in a letter, I suppose?" Harry retorts, "I've gone all summer without a scrap of news."

Before Sam can respond, Ron beats her to it, "We wanted to write, mate. No one more than Sam. She tried almost everyday," Harry looks at Sam as her eyes appear sad, "Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything. Sirius hexed all the parchment in the house."

"Dumbledore said that?" Harry asks incredulously, "But why would he want to keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help. After all, I'm the one who saw Voldemort return," his voice becomes louder the angrier he gets, "I'm the one who fought him, I'm the one who saw Cedric Diggory get killed."

Out of nowhere, the twins, with impeccable timing, apparate behind Harry and place their hands on his shoulders, startling him.

"Harry."